2018 / 2019 7th Generation Lexus ES

Carbon82

I think realistically speaking, as more and more gadgets are available in each car, the chance of failure is higher.

A car 5-8 years ago doesn't have half the technology available in a car today.

But of course with premium car owners like yourself, the expectations are high (since you are paying a premium).

Not sure if the dealership has a checklist of items to do functionality check before customer handover, something like this would have been easily picked up and rectified before delivery.

Seats are entirely outsourced components built by Toyota suppliers, not sure if there is additional QC in factory after installation.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Not sure if the dealership has a checklist of items to do functionality check before customer handover, something like this would have been easily picked up and rectified before delivery.

Seats are entirely outsourced components built by Toyota suppliers, not sure if there is additional QC in factory after installation.

I believe such stuff should be done by the factory itself. Unless it's something added on post import, i doubt the AD actually goes through the entire detailed checklist (or maybe they have only a simple abbreviated one like making the lights work, door locks, etc etc).

My dad's car once came with a missing rear center seat buckle  [laugh] we only realised it like several weeks after delivery.

hope you understand that you're comparing 2 German cars with turbo engines and ES250,which is a naturally aspirated car. obviously,the ES would lose out in terms of initial power but it is far smoother and will give zero issues in the long run compared to all the European make.what i like is the conventional 8 speed gear-buttery smooth and fuel efficient(latest Camry is also using the same GB). ES is for you to enjoy the soothing leisure and comfort of driving and it's not meant for hard acceleration...it never was. your A6 is also FWD driven,likely more of the same handling to the ES as to the E class.in certain countries the ES comes with a 3.5 V6(option for an F sport badge).this will take 0-100kmh in less than 6.4 seconds.BM is not planning to bring this model in.too bad.

i have been having sleepless nites as Thursday,God willing, is COLLECTION DAY of my ES.me and my wife bought a couple of new cars but never have we been this excited.especially me.Merry Christmas to all...HO...HO...HO!

Yes the Lexus 8 speed auto is very smooth. Driving a Lexus different driving experience, a luxury quiet limo. The Germans are more like the rougher sporty feel. Even the E200 piped in engine noise to make it sporty which I think is not right as Merc is supposed to be quiet and luxury.
  • Praise 1

i believe your IS also no need to perform these steps? both my GS and ES dont need to.  

In the name of intuitiveness, no one should expect Lexus, or any car manufacturer, to have to make us users go through such an "initialization" phase to activate the memory seat.

I never had to do that for any of my previous cars and the memory seat just works.

• Praise 1

Have but checklist generally are general one. Who would have check the memory seat because there are so many features at the car itself, if SE going to check one by one, it could take hours.

I believe the factory should have stringent QC

ðactually is very basic feature now. As a brand it should br offered to all their cars.

Exactly! Only the F Sport IS have memory seats.

Too expensive for me and I don't find it worthwhile to pay extra 20+ for bodykit, adaptive suspension, digital cluster, fender badge, 18" wheels and maybe ML.

Hi there, has anyone ordered the ES300H and have it on the roads yet in Singapore?

Seen quite a few ES250 on the road already.

Here! Been driving the ES300H for a month already!