2018 / 2019 7th Generation Lexus ES

Carbon82

they're running on the same new platform,gear box and engine.it's also nearly the same size inside out.think the main significant differences are the trimming,quality of materials and NVH. oh i forgot......1 is with a T and the other with an L...hehe

Better NVH is not easy. Carmaker takes lots of effort right from design till manufacturing stage to ensure sources of noise studied and then eliminate till as little as possible. Premium car is usually built with better material like thicker and stronger designed panel always better resistance to rattling and better noise insulation. Even with good aftermarket soundproofing, the NVH can rarely be reached to the same level like a premium car. Not to forget the premium car sound system is also much better.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Better NVH is not easy. Carmaker takes lots of effort right from design till manufacturing stage to ensure sources of noise studied and then eliminate till as little as possible. Premium car is usually built with better material like thicker and stronger designed panel always better resistance to rattling and better noise insulation. Even with good aftermarket soundproofing, the NVH can rarely be reached to the same level like a premium car. Not to forget the premium car sound system is also much better.

Bro,

I remember you asking about what car to buy, got your car already? What model and make you buy. Hope you don't mind sharing

"In fact, from far away, when I see red light, I let my car glide and keep note I do not block someone behind"-i do the same thing too.hehe.

I have 3 situation of driving

1. If someone in my car other than close friend, I drive very gently with comfort

2. If I in very good mood for music, I drive like above

3. If with close friend or alone and I wanna Cheong, I will drive aggressively, sorry to say but safely

• Praise 1

Better NVH is not easy. Carmaker takes lots of effort right from design till manufacturing stage to ensure sources of noise studied and then eliminate till as little as possible. Premium car is usually built with better material like thicker and stronger designed panel always better resistance to rattling and better noise insulation. Even with good aftermarket soundproofing, the NVH can rarely be reached to the same level like a premium car. Not to forget the premium car sound system is also much better.

The magic is also in the glass. Acoustic glass does wonders as almost 1/3 the surface area of the cabin is glass.
  • Praise 1

Bro,

I remember you asking about what car to buy, got your car already? What model and make you buy. Hope you don't mind sharing

I have 3 situation of driving

1. If someone in my car other than close friend, I drive very gently with comfort

2. If I in very good mood for music, I drive like above

3. If with close friend or alone and I wanna Cheong, I will drive aggressively, sorry to say but safely

Ended brought a Merc E class that time. But I have also brought a 2 years old used Lexus ES recently, as a family 2ndcar, my children just got their license.

The ES NVH is definitely much better than a Camry, and I find Lexus Mark Levinson sound system very impressive. 

• Praise 2

The magic is also in the glass. Acoustic glass does wonders as almost 1/3 the surface area of the cabin is glass.

Acoustic glass looks thicker with insulation material added in between, and of course these are heavier and more expensive, but may also lead to have a more expensive automatic window built with more powerful motor. The allowable free space between panel in a car is often very limited, it is not easy to add one insulation material. Sometime due to adding one material , and subsequent other add on materials also needed to ensure overall safety, comfy and durability of the car. 

Ended brought a Merc E class that time. But I have also brought a 2 years old used Lexus ES recently, as a family 2ndcar, my children just got their license.

The ES NVH is definitely much better than a Camry, and I find Lexus Mark Levinson sound system very impressive.

Nice, congrats on your new ride......now good time for ES300H new version, haha

So, yesterday morning  filled up my tank.

This morning went to work started with this

post-235536-0-14741800-1550331028_thumb.jpg

286.2km meaning yesterday I drove like 300km (include the distance from home to gas station)

Came back home this evening with this

post-235536-0-70105300-1550331155_thumb.jpg

430.7km  which means today I travelled 144.5km

Goodness, guess I've been pretty hard working these 2 days peddling my screws.

• Praise 1

Ended brought a Merc E class that time. But I have also brought a 2 years old used Lexus ES recently, as a family 2ndcar, my children just got their license.

The ES NVH is definitely much better than a Camry, and I find Lexus Mark Levinson sound system very impressive. 

Which model E-Class you got? A few months ago I got a E350e which is actual but with electric motor like the hybrid but then its called Plug-In. Plug-ins are getting very popular here in Thailand. Is this popular in Singapore?

Which model E-Class you got? A few months ago I got a E350e which is actual but with electric motor like the hybrid but then its called Plug-In. Plug-ins are getting very popular here in Thailand. Is this popular in Singapore?

2017 AD price list show no E350e, only E300 available. Was considering E200, but ended brought one newer model E250 at 2017, this new ES was not launched at that time. All are good and comfy cars.

Edited by Odyssey2011
  • Praise 1

The all-new Lexus ES has excelled in Euro NCAP safety testing, achieving a maximum five-star rating with an average score of 86.25 – claimed to be one of the highest the organisation has recorded for any car under its more stringent 2018 assessment criteria.

The new ES system comes with the company’s latest version of  Lexus Safety System+, an advanced package of active safety technologies that will be featured as standard on all versions of the car sold in the UK. The car maker has declared that the benefits of advanced safety technologies are not limited to high-end, high-specification models, but are made available across the board. The safety provisions in the car are underpinned by the new GA-K (Global Architecture - K) platform. It also comes with 10 airbags.Lexus has revealed that the car now features daytime cyclist and night-time pedestrian detection as part of the comprehensive Pre-Collision System (PCS). Lexus Co-Drive combines Dynamic Radar Cruise Control and Lane Tracing Assist to give the driver automated driving support to SAE Level 2 (as defined by the Society of Automotive Engineers) – aimed at enhancing safety while the driver remains in control of the vehicle.

Link:http://www.autocarpro.in/news-international/lexus-es-300h-gets-five-star-rating-in-euro-ncap-testing-41135

for those who are ever still in doubt.....you're welcome!!!

• Praise 2

Less popular due to lack of charging points, but we may see more since SG is also poised to see more pure electric vehicles (Ioniq, Leaf etc).

Some buyers of the prev gen E class hybrid may also stay away as I've heard anecdotal stories about crazy battery replacement prices outside of warranty (the prev gen batt warranty is not as long as Toyota/Lexus). If they can settle warranty and cost concerns it might work in SG this time. There are a few BMW ActiveHybrid 5s since prev gen.

• Praise 1

Less popular due to lack of charging points, but we may see more since SG is also poised to see more pure electric vehicles (Ioniq, Leaf etc).

Some buyers of the prev gen E class hybrid may also stay away as I've heard anecdotal stories about crazy battery replacement prices outside of warranty (the prev gen batt warranty is not as long as Toyota/Lexus). If they can settle warranty and cost concerns it might work in SG this time. There are a few BMW ActiveHybrid 5s since prev gen.

For me I rarely charge it, maybe only once a week, use gasoline most of the time.

post-235536-0-91261000-1550979967_thumb.jpg

Plug-In vs Hybrid

• Praise 1

Maid told me to visit this carwash near home she found recently. I like it. $6.80 per wash.

Car very dirty after a short rain yesterday

Thmc6Y2.jpg

Washing the mat

ptIU4py.jpg

After high pressure rinsing comes the shampooing

tkZhDL9.jpg

Drying

mf9rt5M.jpg

Vacuuming interior

kNUJnlv.jpg

Wiping the leather with leather care liquid

AGEOUmu.jpg

Dashboard

9BXQz8s.jpg

Wheels

Q9UqCTK.jpg

Happy liao after paying $6.80

QaHt0RL.jpg

• Praise 4

Maid told me to visit this carwash near home she found recently. I like it. $6.80 per wash.

Car very dirty after a short rain yesterday

Thmc6Y2.jpg

Washing the mat

ptIU4py.jpg

After high pressure rinsing comes the shampooing

tkZhDL9.jpg

Drying

mf9rt5M.jpg

Vacuuming interior

kNUJnlv.jpg

Wiping the leather with leather care liquid

AGEOUmu.jpg

Dashboard

9BXQz8s.jpg

Wheels

Q9UqCTK.jpg

Happy liao after paying $6.80

QaHt0RL.jpg

All that for 6.80? No way........

Here give $10 only get scratches and water spots.....

• Praise 1

All that for 6.80? No way........

Here give $10 only get scratches and water spots.....

Well, maybe it’s $6.90 I just checked 160 baht is about there

post-235536-0-34934000-1551833811_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 1

Well, maybe itâs $6.90 I just checked 160 baht is about there

AA04E2B6-1173-4DC5-A109-411D42262508.jpeg

Wow this is so cheap, also looks like they washed the car so thoroughly too. Good value for money in Thailand. Wish Singapore could have this kind of good service at a low price although I know it's impossible lol.
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

176 for the ES250. Canât say if the 26k diff is worth it or not as itâs up to individuals...

Is the net net price for Es250 176k currently?
↡ Advertisement