2018 / 2019 7th Generation Lexus ES

Carbon82

18 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Please elaborate more if you may. Which model of the Audi family?

A4 :)

The turbo really makes a difference for low end and es250 is a heavy car.

Wife just comment this morning (her first time driving the new car), old car is faster ^^"

Anyway getting old, es250 us really telling me chill man, drive and relax.

PS: the 360 camera is a life saver as I am not used to large sedans.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

16 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Maybe all getting older and thus slowing down too. Ha. So don’t need the speed anymore. Anyway our roads are super crowded these days with many PHVs who also anyhow chiong. Tougher to drive fast in town and peak hours. 

Yup I guess ES only interest older folks?  The German counterparts (with turbo) wins straight down in terms or power...

I saw one youngster driving a ES250 at Changi Jewel 1+ week ago though :)

19 hours ago, Panggou said:

My COE rebate supposed to be at 33k.  I was offered CatE at 40K (CATB at 38,602) I took it without going into bidding.  Collected my ES250 luxury yesterday, so far so good.  Getting used to the weird infotainment system...

How you find the ML sound  system? 

So lucky that they offer you cat E coe. 

31 minutes ago, Panggou said:

Yup I guess ES only interest older folks?  The German counterparts (with turbo) wins straight down in terms or power...

I saw one youngster driving a ES250 at Changi Jewel 1+ week ago though 🙂

Older folks is how old? Haha. 

Not sure if i already fall into this category unknowingly. 

2 hours ago, Bioinformatics said:

Umm. Min. 40 I guess to be called Uncle.

How you find the ML sound  system? 

So lucky that they offer you cat E coe. 

My bosses at the back says the ML sound good.

I am tone deaf literally so I no chap this part ^^”

There is almost nothing online for ES?

I tried searching for stuff, didn’t find anything nice locally, not even floor mats...

Anything current owners added to their ES, do sic.  Thanks!

21 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Ya I'm quite keen to know how those owners who used to drive faster turbo contis can get used to the more sedate drive of the ES.

Because I quite like the ES but I like my cars fast and responsive around town too.

Hi hi. I was concern too about torque especially but when I tested the ES twice on different days I kindda like the torque with the help of the electric motor from the hybrid setup. Its been 10 months now and 30,400 km later I am still enjoying the ES. 

• Praise 1

21 minutes ago, steveluv said:

Hi hi. I was concern too about torque especially but when I tested the ES twice on different days I kindda like the torque with the help of the electric motor from the hybrid setup. Its been 10 months now and 30,400 km later I am still enjoying the ES. 

Nice the hybrid version, the electric motor definitely helps. 

Was initially looking at ES300h executive then my "bosses" insisted they want the luxury version so ended up ES250 luxury...  Didnt wanna folk out more for ES300h luxury ^^".

Edited by Panggou
  • Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Panggou said:

Nice the hybrid version, the electric motor definitely helps. 

Was initially looking at ES300h executive then my "bosses" insisted they want the luxury version so ended up ES250 luxury...  Didnt wanna folk out more for ES300h luxury ^^".

Here in Thailand no choice only ES300h is available

On 9/22/2019 at 3:06 PM, Theoldjaffa said:

Ya I'm quite keen to know how those owners who used to drive faster turbo contis can get used to the more sedate drive of the ES.

Because I quite like the ES but I like my cars fast and responsive around town too.

They should have kept the GS. Fast and spacious 

• Praise 1

30 minutes ago, Kelloggs said:

They should have kept the GS. Fast and spacious 

The GS is the least spacious in its class (MB E-class, BMW 5-series, Audi A6) and especially so compared to the palatial ES. Rear leg room is barely enough and my 1.65m daughter's hair is against the headlining when sitting in the centre rear seat. The GS250 is not that fast also.

• Praise 1

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 12:22 PM, Panggou said:

There is almost nothing online for ES?

I tried searching for stuff, didn’t find anything nice locally, not even floor mats...

Anything current owners added to their ES, do sic.  Thanks!

Floor mat can try any shop. Just tell them your car model and they will cut according to the size.

And yes , not much stuff for ES. good n bad.

Booked a new ES300H (exe)moving on from a B8... kinda stuck for a long while not knowing what to buy... hope I made a right choice... 

age catches up but I liked the craftsmanship and the overall feedback from current Lexus owners reliability and own a “IN” Low emissions hybrid car

dear ES300H owners hope to hear more from you of this car ... I was hoping my will be with Apple car play but according to the sales only nov stock comes with that and it costs more;(

can we locally upgrade it like What I did for my B8.... 

Cheers

• Praise 2

6 hours ago, Dare2dream said:

Booked a new ES300H (exe)moving on from a B8... kinda stuck for a long while not knowing what to buy... hope I made a right choice... 

age catches up but I liked the craftsmanship and the overall feedback from current Lexus owners reliability and own a “IN” Low emissions hybrid car

dear ES300H owners hope to hear more from you of this car ... I was hoping my will be with Apple car play but according to the sales only nov stock comes with that and it costs more;(

Cheers

Congrats! Another turbo owner converting to ES.

On paper acceleration specs are similar between the 2 so there shouldn't be much change.

Apple carplay can be retrofitted. I did that for my IS200t by replacing the screen. The ES is still too new I guess so I don't think it's available. Moreover, you will void warranty if you change anything.

Just enjoy the ride ba 👍🏻

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, Dare2dream said:

Cheers

ES will come with Apple CarPlay? How about Andriod Auto?

6 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

ES will come with Apple CarPlay? How about Andriod Auto?

Yes from i heard for shipment for nov model will be as standard.....

↡ Advertisement