2018 / 2019 7th Generation Lexus ES

Carbon82

During the latest unveiling of new Lexus tech, they showed a Lexus ES with 2 separate electric motors, one in each rear wheel. They called it Direct 4, because this car is essentially All Wheel Drive. An electric motor/ ICE engine powering the 2 front wheels and the 2 separate rear electric motors powering the 2 rear wheels. Apparently that made the AWD ES handle very well. 

This facelift could be incorporating the Direct 4 technology. Which means an ES350h with maybe 250+ hp and AWD. Could be a decent sports sedan with the added handling of AWD and added power from the electric motors.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Any good replacement tyres to recommend?

hoping for those quiet types, also where is a good place to change them

Supercharged
28 minutes ago, Iroyh said:

Here are the tyre shops I have used, or have heard decent things about. Google for their contacts:

- Yap Brothers (Ubi)

- Chen Jin

- Arrow Tyres

- Leong Seng

Good replacement tyre recommendation - Michelin Primacy 4

• Praise 1

@Iroyh 

22 hours ago, Iroyh said:

Can try call BM for it. They do have the dunlop tyres at around $950 - 4 pieces mij. under their total tyres shield program.

Neutral Newbie

@Bioinformatics

On 6/29/2021 at 10:35 AM, Bioinformatics said:

@Iroyh 

Can try call BM for it. They do have the dunlop tyres at around $950 - 4 pieces mij. under their total tyres shield program.

Thanks man!

$950 slightly steep for Dunlop. End up based off reccommendation change to Goodyear’s.

Wanted to do Michelin but I was thinking as long as it’s not Korean or china tyres we should be fine

4 hours ago, Fellows said:

2021 ES facelift 

Singapore ES250 Luxury spec more superior by default, the new facelift version will have touch screen too. Malaysia cut corner because their BMW, Merc and Volvo "made in Malaysia" thus need to be price competitive , if they use full SG spec the selling price will need to be much higher

Edited by D3badge

47 minutes ago, D3badge said:

Singapore ES250 Luxury spec more superior by default, the new facelift version will have touch screen too. Malaysia cut corner because their BMW, Merc and Volvo "made in Malaysia" thus need to be price competitive , if they use full SG spec the selling price will need to be much higher

F Sport version: RM345k

BMW 530 M Sports: RM370k

Other than Premium (8”), the remaining version uses 12.3” touchscreen.

46 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

F Sport version: RM345k

BMW 530 M Sports: RM370k

Other than Premium (8”), the remaining version uses 12.3” touchscreen.

Yup because I see overseas F sport spec are high too, normally same as our Luxury spec just a little variation difference. think our luxury spec different from MY F-sport is Semi-aniline leather, Mark Lenvinson , back seat centre console Full Spec control (Air con, Entertainment system plus can adjust seat incline to 8 degree more). One more main difference not mention alot by many people is if you wind down the SG Luxury spec windows vs SG Executive spec windows, you will see double gaze windows for luxury spec! yes literally 2 pieces of windows sticking together. You can see and touch from the top when the windows wind down!! this help the sound proofing.

Edited by D3badge
  • Praise 2

Just got my ES250 Executive a couple of days back...  chose the non-hybrid version as i prefer the moonroof that comes with blackened roof and shark fin antenna.

Initial feel is that this car is super spacious and comfy but slow (although i already know when test drive).  Had done more than 500 km since.  

Anyone had upgraded the stock speakers? From specifications, it has a 10 speaker system but I feel this is the ES250 non-luxury version's weakest link.  

Why Lexus no apps to monitor vehicle status, send GPS location like the BMW???  Also, the display seems unable to display Chinese characters..... 😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1