2018 / 2019 7th Generation Lexus ES

Carbon82

Thks. Indeed, is a very comfortable car to drive.

The one and only thing I dun like is the DRCC does not come to a complete stop whereby this function is supposed to be available according to the manual.

you're right.perhaps when i meet my SE can ask him this question.

fun fact:you know that you can wind down and up all 4 windows(including the pano roof) when the engine is off using the key fob.

to wind down:-unlock the car either using key or handle sensor.then depress the unlock button for a certain period(without letting go) an all your windows will wind down at once.to open pano rooftop.depress(do not let go) again and it will open up the pano rooftop.

to wind up:-same steps but using the lock button on your key.kinda cool.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

fun fact:you know that you can wind down and up all 4 windows(including the pano roof) when the engine is off using the key fob.

to wind down:-unlock the car either using key or handle sensor.then depress the unlock button for a certain period(without letting go) an all your windows will wind down at once.to open pano rooftop.depress(do not let go) again and it will open up the pano rooftop.

Yup. For closing, do depress fully and ensure all windows are fully closed before release the button.

Yup. For closing, do depress fully and ensure all windows are fully closed before release the button.
  • Praise 1

Hi guys

Did you encounter some gear grinding sound when the car reactivates itself from auto start stop function? I encountered this, not frequent but intermittent.

Yours es250 or 300h? Din notice any sound from the gear box. But I do have loud mechanical "tuck" sound most of the time when the brake is depress.

Yours es250 or 300h? Din notice any sound from the gear box. But I do have loud mechanical "tuck" sound most of the time when the brake is depress.

Mine is ES250. Gear grinding sound comes about when car jumps into action before moving off after auto start stop function kicks in.

Mechanical tuck may be due to braking mechanism kicking in? Not sure if normal though .

• Praise 1

Mine is ES250. Gear grinding sound comes about when car jumps into action before moving off after auto start stop function kicks in.

Mechanical tuck may be due to braking mechanism kicking in? Not sure if normal though .

I guess the gearbox is different for ES250 & ES300h, ES300h is eCVT though.

Do you get the tuck sound when braking?

I guess the gearbox is different for ES250 & ES300h, ES300h is eCVT though.

Do you get the tuck sound when braking?

Nope. Braking is ok. Slight Tuck sound i guess should be normal especially when it will have to be run in first

Hi guys

Did you encounter some gear grinding sound when the car reactivates itself from auto start stop function? I encountered this, not frequent but intermittent.

Read this post what I was travelling and thought I check it out when I back. This morning could find the override button thought about it then realised the hybrid doesn't have this . . . . lol . . . . dumb me.

Took this video of using the DRCC this afternoon on a highway

As you can see it’s kinda fun

https://youtu.be/AYJ7_Ek7vTg

Have not tried if it will stop the car, was at highway a little dangerous so if tomorrow is ideal will try it and film it as well

This is super cool!! would make any trip sooo much easier. love the instrument layout 

Took this video of using the DRCC this afternoon on a highway

As you can see itâs kinda fun

https://youtu.be/AYJ7_Ek7vTg

Have not tried if it will stop the car, was at highway a little dangerous so if tomorrow is ideal will try it and film it as well

Yeah, I use DRCC 80% of the time. So far my best fuel consumption clocked 21km/l, average clocked 20km/l. That's pretty cool for a 2487cc ...
  • Praise 2

Nope. Braking is ok. Slight Tuck sound i guess should be normal especially when it will have to be run in first

i switch off the auto start/stop function every time i drive.so as to have a smooth uninterrupted drive  :a-happy:

Yeah, I use DRCC 80% of the time. So far my best fuel consumption clocked 21km/l, average clocked 20km/l. That's pretty cool for a 2487cc ...

wow..that's awesome mileage.did u get 20km/l on a full tank?

• Praise 1

Bro , the yellow sign signifies Low Tyre air warning ?

Well if you had seen my earlier post here #263 posted on 9th December I posted that I wrecked my front left tyre, here's the link https://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2709910-2018-2019-7th-generation-lexus-es/page-14?do=findComment&comment=6579449

Lexus came to my rescue and took the damaged wheel away. Therefore my car effectively is without any spare tyre. So the tyre pressure sensor shows an error as 1 tyre is missing which is the spare tyre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9qrAYwFi0g

Actually they called me yesterday morning to inform me the new wheel is ready for collection so I will be going there in a few minutes time.

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys,

Just wanna check, anybody here has any lobang to change the bodykit into the F-Sport variant?

Kinda sian that they didn't bring the F-Sport model into SG...

i switch off the auto start/stop function every time i drive.so as to have a smooth uninterrupted drive  :a-happy:

Can't stand this feature really (personal preference la). Always turn it off too for my RX, Revo and 5. Can';t see the point that it can save fuel and also think not good for engine start and stop so often most of all is the delay in driving off . .  .sianz

Can't stand this feature really (personal preference la). Always turn it off too for my RX, Revo and 5. Can';t see the point that it can save fuel and also think not good for engine start and stop so often most of all is the delay in driving off . .  .sianz

Just turn it off everytime you start the vehicle.

The start-stop doesn't save very much fuel and ruins the refinement of your nice Lex during restart.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1