2018 / 2019 7th Generation Lexus ES

Carbon82

i switch off the auto start/stop function every time i drive.so as to have a smooth uninterrupted drive :a-happy:

wow..that's awesome mileage.did u get 20km/l on a full tank?

I always do a refuel to full tank when is at 1/4 - 1/2 tank.
↡ Advertisement

Took this video of using the DRCC this afternoon on a highway

As you can see it’s kinda fun

https://youtu.be/AYJ7_Ek7vTg

Have not tried if it will stop the car, was at highway a little dangerous so if tomorrow is ideal will try it and film it as well

I drove my fren latest Ford Ranger Wildtrak which has similar function as DRCC.

With system on, the system will regulate the distance and speed based on traffic in front.

I tested its braking function by accelerating to about 1m behind the car in front. Once I release throttle, the system will brake to maintain the distance.

• Praise 1

I drove my fren latest Ford Ranger Wildtrak which has similar function as DRCC.

With system on, the system will regulate the distance and speed based on traffic in front.

I tested its braking function by accelerating to about 1m behind the car in front. Once I release throttle, the system will brake to maintain the distance.

Yes, the ES with DRCC will maintained a distance and followed the speed of the preceding car. According to the user manual, the ES supposed to come to a full stop when the preceding vehicle stopped. However my ES did not come to a full stop.

I always do a refuel to full tank when is at 1/4 - 1/2 tank.

Oh I need to clarify mine is ES300h.

Yes, the ES with DRCC will maintained a distance and followed the speed of the preceding car. According to the user manual, the ES supposed to come to a full stop when the preceding vehicle stopped. However my ES did not come to a full stop.

If press brake pedal, system will presume you take control.

If not, need to complain

If press brake pedal, system will presume you take control.

If not, need to complain

I have highlighted to my SE and I was told Singapore ES does not have this function, i.e. will not stop completely. Only have in US. Hence checking here if anyone encountered the same.

Test drive the Volvo XC60 and XC90 with DRCC, it will come to a complete stop if the car infront stop completely. Slight tap on the accelerator will resume the DRCC.

Took this video of using the DRCC this afternoon on a highway

As you can see it’s kinda fun

https://youtu.be/AYJ7_Ek7vTg

Have not tried if it will stop the car, was at highway a little dangerous so if tomorrow is ideal will try it and film it as well

Cool, man.

Thanks for sharing.  :a-m1212:

what are the wood trim available for ES? Is it possible to choose Topaz brown leather with BLACK SHIMAMOKU wood trim? Is there bamboo wood trim available in Singapore?

Share this video about driving in Bangkok (on my way to Lexus yesterday afternoon to collect my new spare wheel.). Start of the video is on the highway, notice we drive fast in Bangkok. Then there was the traffic jam along Ramnintra Road where construction of the BTS Pink line is underway and finally arriving at Lexus. Hope you enjoy the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX8Ppif7CCE

While waiting 

rn0d4fh.jpg

Car in workshop

nC9fH6D.jpg

10mins later (yellow light indicating tyre problem gone)

TwkuRE9.jpg

• Praise 2

Oh I need to clarify mine is ES300h.

I see...yours is a hybrid.still,that's good mileage for something huge and heavy. My ES 250 is around 10km/l.

• Praise 1

Share this video about driving in Bangkok (on my way to Lexus yesterday afternoon to collect my new spare wheel.). Start of the video is on the highway, notice we drive fast in Bangkok. Then there was the traffic jam along Ramnintra Road where construction of the BTS Pink line is underway and finally arriving at Lexus. Hope you enjoy the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX8Ppif7CCE

While waiting

rn0d4fh.jpg

Car in workshop

nC9fH6D.jpg

10mins later (yellow light indicating tyre problem gone)

TwkuRE9.jpg

Nice. During my stay in Bangkok for the last 4days, have not seen the new ES yet ...

Car in workshop

nC9fH6D.jpg

Wow, the workshop is so open and transparent.

Unlike Singapore ones, we cannot even go in and see how they service our cars.  [furious]

• Praise 1

wonder if there is bamboo wood trim like this photo

Not for Singapore.

Wow, the workshop is so open and transparent.

Unlike Singapore ones, we cannot even go in and see how they service our cars. [furious]

Was told Lexus maintenance work is totally segreggated from Toyota. Not sure how true

Just tested the DSCC. Confirm my car doesn’t stop instead cruise control just cut off. Just uploaded the video. When speed goes down to certain speed a double beep came and cruise control is cut off. Tried that 3 times you can see in video.

Ok still driving gtg enjoy the video

https://youtu.be/dt1qm5gYfwg

wonder if there is bamboo wood trim like this photo

you should drop by the showroom and find out more.SE would probably tell/show you everything.

Just tested the DSCC. Confirm my car doesn’t stop instead cruise control just cut off. Just uploaded the video. When speed goes down to certain speed a double beep came and cruise control is cut off. Tried that 3 times you can see in video.

Ok still driving gtg enjoy the video

https://youtu.be/dt1qm5gYfwg

woooooah..your POV is spot on!!

↡ Advertisement