2018 / 2019 7th Generation Lexus ES

Carbon82

My IS has a creaking sound from the driver's door. I need to wind down the window a weeeee bit to get rid of the noise, but as a result I get wind noise

↡ Advertisement

Check with you guys.

Is it acceptable to have slight wind noise from the sunroof and those kind of plastic expansion/contraction sound coming from the rear doors?

If the noise is easily re-producible, just highlight it to Borneo. They will go test-drive with you to observe the symptom.

Then they will try to rectify, maybe by adding felt into the interior of the affected areas.

You don't need to suffer it yourself, you are paying big $ to service there, let them worry about finding and solving it.

Creaking sound from door could be due to the door seal, which goes away with lubrication according to BM lengkee.

Happened to my harrier.

• Praise 1

If the noise is easily re-producible, just highlight it to Borneo. They will go test-drive with you to observe the symptom.

Then they will try to rectify, maybe by adding felt into the interior of the affected areas.

You don't need to suffer it yourself, you are paying big $ to service there, let them worry about finding and solving it.

For me, cos I took out my door panels to do soundproofing and install my ICE 9months after I got my car.

Although the sound was observed only a few months after that, still my car is not stock so I can only LLST.

• Praise 1

Check with you guys.

Is it acceptable to have slight wind noise from the sunroof and those kind of plastic expansion/contraction sound coming from the rear doors?

hi daniel.i too realised some wind intrusion when the sunroof cover is open(not the glass panel),especially at higher speed.as for the rear doors,yet to sit behind.

• Praise 1

Creaking sound from door could be due to the door seal, which goes away with lubrication according to BM lengkee.

Happened to my harrier.

I know where is the problem. This highlighted area is just being glued in and moves when i pressed in.  The sound comes about when there is movement in that area. The creak sound comes from the wooden panel. 

post-165240-0-28061600-1548219925_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Hi guys. Just booked a ES300h last weekend. Sonic Titainium with Topaz Brown interior. Really looking forward to getting into this beauty. But the wait is a killer. May 2019 delivery

• Praise 4

Hi guys. Just booked a ES300h last weekend. Sonic Titainium with Topaz Brown interior. Really looking forward to getting into this beauty. But the wait is a killer. May 2019 delivery ð¯

5 months wait!! Wow
  • Praise 1

Hi guys. Just booked a ES300h last weekend. Sonic Titainium with Topaz Brown interior. Really looking forward to getting into this beauty. But the wait is a killer. May 2019 delivery

• Praise 1

Any over-trade promote or just the standard discount and freebies ?

They are having some CNY discount in addition to the standard overtrade discounts. But frankly I think it’s a pretty standard discount. They just call it different things at different times.
  • Praise 2

They are having some CNY discount in addition to the standard overtrade discounts. But frankly I think it’s a pretty standard discount. They just call it different things at different times.

Able to share your transact price and the additional things you got (such as free servicing)?

Hi guys. Just booked a ES300h last weekend. Sonic Titainium with Topaz Brown interior. Really looking forward to getting into this beauty. But the wait is a killer. May 2019 delivery ð¯

Congrats. Nice choice there. Ur ride exactly same as mine ... LOL.

I was told Mar19 delivery when I booked during the prelaunch. Guess what, in no time I received the news from my SE the car will be Nov18 production and I collected the new ES end Dec18.

• Praise 2

he meant march? typo?5mths is damn long! and to hold his trade in price

I wish it was a typo dude. ETD is May. Thus no trade in as dealer can't hold price for so long.

• Praise 2

I wish it was a typo dude. ETD is May. Thus no trade in as dealer can't hold price for so long.

so your old car trade in value will only be determined at may?

• Praise 2

Time flys it’s been almost 3 months since I got the ES it’s travelled 6,340km so far.

post-235536-0-33363700-1549539912_thumb.jpeg

Drove the car till empty as you can see above photo left with only 5km, filled up at Shell 48.17L $65.50

post-235536-0-46684700-1549539999_thumb.jpeg

Driven 864.6km (see below) with last full tank so that make consumption 18km per litre. Not bad for a big car.

post-235536-0-64104900-1549539922_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 2

Time flys itâs been almost 3 months since I got the ES itâs travelled 6,340km so far.

30441425-C454-48AA-9040-36F4E3BB2207.jpeg

Drove the car till empty as you can see above photo left with only 5km, filled up at Shell 48.17L $65.50

489C7D6B-A9BC-43D8-AF98-C690F507EE43.jpeg

Driven 864.6km (see below) with last full tank so that make consumption 18km per litre. Not bad for a big car.

7F2C896F-1383-4D8C-BA3D-28B7BA5E7942.jpeg

Mine is the full petrol version. Maximum I went was 580km and this was after 1st 1k servicing. For a 50L tank car with heavy body, not too bad IMO.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3