Jump to content
Carbon82

2018 / 2019 7th Generation Lexus ES

Recommended Posts

5th Gear (edited)
1 hour ago, Knighthunter said:

Only 15k of the list? Usually for them is common secret is must be 20k off the list before start negotiation.....

not sure if it has to do with my dad  trade in value total worth about 60K plus for the existing GS450H, plus the 15K "discount " for 11/11, so think he got a quite big chunk of the list price already. Total about 80k off list price, net payment left about 160K

Edited by Confusedboi
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

not sure if it has to do with my dad  trade in value total worth about 60K plus for the existing GS450H, plus the 15K "discount " for 11/11, so think he got a quite big chunk of the list price already. Total about 80k off list price, net payment left about 160K

The way these are calculated, it can be rather misleading/complicated. A quick search on SGCARMART - GS450H 2012 asking about $62-$65K so I am guessing that its true "trade-in" value would be about $55K. You mentioned the total deal is about $80K off list price, so less $55K, that's a $25K "discount" off list. So that's not too bad. Perhaps someone might get a better deal but at the end of the day, got the car, signed on the dotted line, what is left is to wait for car delivery!!!

  • Praise 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oneguy said:

The way these are calculated, it can be rather misleading/complicated. A quick search on SGCARMART - GS450H 2012 asking about $62-$65K so I am guessing that its true "trade-in" value would be about $55K. You mentioned the total deal is about $80K off list price, so less $55K, that's a $25K "discount" off list. So that's not too bad. Perhaps someone might get a better deal but at the end of the day, got the car, signed on the dotted line, what is left is to wait for car delivery!!!

You are right. A lot of times, the real true price is "packaged" with trade-in, finance and insurance subsidy etc. That is why some deals may sound like super good price (when the buyer just merely disclose this price) but the full details such as the "real" trade-in price that you mentioned are not openingly disclosed. It happens in most dealerships. Can be very very misleading. 

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3rd Gear (edited)
10 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

not sure if it has to do with my dad  trade in value total worth about 60K plus for the existing GS450H, plus the 15K "discount " for 11/11, so think he got a quite big chunk of the list price already. Total about 80k off list price, net payment left about 160K

It’s quite decent deal. I was there in September also looking at ES300H luxury or NX300H luxury both same price, just NX300H indent stock from factory. I think both offered with 5 years service included plus 3k service credit and 3k takashimaya voucher.  

Edited by Knighthunter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

now there is a promo of 13K reduction and over 20k overtrade + goodies....anyone buying now? can share the prices, experiences, etc? Thanks.

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twincharged
On 11/13/2020 at 10:22 PM, Knighthunter said:

Only 15k of the list? Usually for them is common secret is must be 20k off the list before start negotiation.....

Thot 30k off the RRP for Lexus is the norm....

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Supercharged
51 minutes ago, Soya said:

Thot 30k off the RRP for Lexus is the norm....

Because they mark up their prices by at least 30k

To give customer impression they are getting a good deal

Their servicing costs are bone-chilling

Any customer must negotiate free servicing for entire span of warranty

  • Praise 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1st Gear
On 12/22/2020 at 10:32 PM, t0y0ta said:

Because they mark up their prices by at least 30k

To give customer impression they are getting a good deal

Their servicing costs are bone-chilling

Any customer must negotiate free servicing for entire span of warranty

meaning to say, it is not worth to secure a used model which less than 1-1.5years old?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supercharged
14 minutes ago, Airy said:

meaning to say, it is not worth to secure a used model which less than 1-1.5years old?? 

you must at least get a big price cut from the actual usual sell price lor. Someone who sell at 1.5years old got to expect to take a huge double-depreciation hit.

The good thing about Lexus is that it is serviced and repaired 99% like a Toyota. Outside workshops any one can handle and parts are plentiful, you can even get cut-price parts direct from Denso that is identical to the Toyota/Lexus parts just not in their packing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2nd Gear (edited)
On 12/22/2020 at 9:37 PM, Soya said:

Thot 30k off the RRP for Lexus is the norm....

 

On 12/22/2020 at 10:32 PM, t0y0ta said:

Because they mark up their prices by at least 30k

To give customer impression they are getting a good deal

Their servicing costs are bone-chilling

Any customer must negotiate free servicing for entire span of warranty

so can get the new IS300 for 175k?

Edited by flat6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1st Gear

1-1.5yeras old used car now selling at 155k-170k depends either executive or luxury model. 
what was the buy price back then? Any kind soul to advise? Many thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4th Gear (edited)

ES250 executive list price at 205800, management discount at 30k, nett at 175800 - 5k online discount = 170800. Comes with 5 years unlimited mileage warranty,  4k service credit,  3m film and recording camera. during circuit breaker

Edited by camrysfe
  • Praise 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clutched (edited)
On 1/3/2021 at 12:14 PM, camrysfe said:

ES250 executive list price at 205800, management discount at 30k, nett at 175800 - 5k online discount = 170800. Comes with 5 years unlimited mileage warranty,  4k service credit,  3m film and recording camera. during circuit breaker

One of my friend book just above 159k during CB. Gone are those days. Even Genting is $0.8x now compared to $0.4x. Good to those who trusted them self and the economy and buy that time 6 months ago. 
 

even s60 sold Slightly below $130k nett that time I believe. 

Edited by bmwvarun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Neutral Newbie

Hello....looking for some advice...I am interested in a used July 2019 ES300h luxury sunroof, advertised for $174k. Is this a good deal? 

Also, is the agent warranty transferable?

Thank you for your advice! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supercharged
6 minutes ago, Leonchai said:

Hello....looking for some advice...I am interested in a used July 2019 ES300h luxury sunroof, advertised for $174k. Is this a good deal? 

Also, is the agent warranty transferable?

Thank you for your advice! 

Looking at Aug2019 LTA car cost spreadsheet - ES300h Luxury was about 170k cost price. Actual buy price should be around 210 - 220k. PARF scrap value is around 31k. Amortized annual depre around 18-19k. This model was introduced to SG around Dec2018

Currently COE is 10k above the COE then, but it is now old model. I think you need at least 210k to buy equivalent right now. 174k means around 30-35k depreciation for 1.5years = 20-22k annual depreciation suffered by first owner.

Not a great deal.

I would ask for additional at least 5-10k off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Neutral Newbie

Well...I was too late... the car was sold within 24hrs of my post! Maybe I should get a commission? 😀

 

Now I am looking at a the new Lexus RX 300 luxury...current promo price at BM of $245k after discount...is this a good deal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Neutral Newbie

drove an es250 exec for about a week when my own ride was under repair at BM, felt there was a very apparent roughness to it. 

I can feel the small vibrations from both the engine and the road. It's nothing like the "super smooth" ride I'd expect form a lexus.

Anyone can relate? All es250 are lidat one or is it this BM management car got problems?

PS: the handling feels very good though, almost close to beemer level, I can definitely see people might enjoy this for "driving fun". 

↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×