2018 / 2019 7th Generation Lexus ES

Carbon82

On 1/18/2021 at 5:07 PM, ChongLiu said:

drove an es250 exec for about a week when my own ride was under repair at BM, felt there was a very apparent roughness to it. 

I can feel the small vibrations from both the engine and the road. It's nothing like the "super smooth" ride I'd expect form a lexus.

Anyone can relate? All es250 are lidat one or is it this BM management car got problems?

PS: the handling feels very good though, almost close to beemer level, I can definitely see people might enjoy this for "driving fun". 

Same happened to me except I had the ES250 for 3 weeks. TNGA platform handling on such a large fwd car was surprisingly good. Powertrain major disappointment. Interior quality also unimpressive and infotainment system Jurassic.for this class the refinement is not sufficient.

↡ Advertisement

Hi bros,

Need some well needed advice.. I'm looking purchasing a 2nd hand lexus ES (looking at 2015 models and onwards), some of the car dealers said they can install after-market apple carplay/android auto into the system. Got such thing ah?

Neutral Newbie
13 hours ago, Hazardous said:

Hi bros,

Need some well needed advice.. I'm looking purchasing a 2nd hand lexus ES (looking at 2015 models and onwards), some of the car dealers said they can install after-market apple carplay/android auto into the system. Got such thing ah?

Yes, you can install and it appears to be work seamlessly based on what I see on You Tube. I have a 2012 GS and plan to install. So far I am aware Ricardo does it, if anyone here knows of other places, kindly share.

Thank you. 

13 minutes ago, steveluv said:

Been 2 years 3 months and 15 days just realized I’ve just crossed the 80,000 mark.

A78C83D7-DB1D-4900-B6B2-A62467043F9B.thumb.jpeg.99909fe7af17253d996f91a855feae19.jpeg

Thats a pretty high annual mileage of 35k km. 

How is the ownership expeirence so far?

Do you wish you had a E-class, or a 5-series or an A6 instead?

1 hour ago, Toeknee_33 said:

Thats a pretty high annual mileage of 35k km. 

How is the ownership expeirence so far?

Do you wish you had a E-class, or a 5-series or an A6 instead?

I've been a Lexus owner for past 19 years since living in Singapore and now in Bangkok, always have at least 1 Lexus in the parking. Lexus is my day to day working car. I was the one who influenced my Thai boss on this brand and he was like no looking back, now his company (where I am working) has 8 Lexus (including my ES) but all in all bought 15 Lexus from the dealer so far some is replacement for older Lexus so you can see, we have a great ownership experience as is trouble free and safe. For the same class Lexus in Thailand is about 20% more expensive compare to the continentals as these continentals are mostly assembled here while Lexus is imported whole. This is also the reason why very few Lexus on the road here, the other reason is image Thais felt continental cars more atas.

Currently I also drive the current model E350e (2.5 yr old), 528i (4.5 yr old), and exactly a year ago I received the S560e in exchange with my 4 yr old RX200T F-Sport. European cars being European always have problems here and there even the S-class. I will still fall back to the Lexus

• Praise 3

Supercharged
44 minutes ago, steveluv said:

I've been a Lexus owner for past 19 years since living in Singapore and now in Bangkok, always have at least 1 Lexus in the parking. Lexus is my day to day working car. I was the one who influenced my Thai boss on this brand and he was like no looking back, now his company (where I am working) has 8 Lexus (including my ES) but all in all bought 15 Lexus from the dealer so far some is replacement for older Lexus so you can see, we have a great ownership experience as is trouble free and safe. For the same class Lexus in Thailand is about 20% more expensive compare to the continentals as these continentals are mostly assembled here while Lexus is imported whole. This is also the reason why very few Lexus on the road here, the other reason is image Thais felt continental cars more atas.

Currently I also drive the current model E350e (2.5 yr old), 528i (4.5 yr old), and exactly a year ago I received the S560e in exchange with my 4 yr old RX200T F-Sport. European cars being European always have problems here and there even the S-class. I will still fall back to the Lexus

Wow, you have 4 cars - how do you rotate among them?

6 hours ago, steveluv said:

Thanks for sharing your car story. 

One thing though, since Lexus costs substantially more, is fully imported, and is rarer sight than the Contis, then shouldnt that make Lexus more exclusive and desirable (ie atas)? 

21 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

Wow, you have 4 cars - how do you rotate among them?

5 actually there’s a Toyota Revo too that the maid uses for her chores and also to drive home during her weekend off days. The 528i I parked in office using it only 2-3 times a month. E350e is my weekend car. The S560e is wife’s car. 

15 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

Thanks for sharing your car story. 

One thing though, since Lexus costs substantially more, is fully imported, and is rarer sight than the Contis, then shouldnt that make Lexus more exclusive and desirable (ie atas)? 

Sadly on the contrary, to the common folks Lexus is less exclusive and less desirable as it has the Japanese car stigma attached to it most people think it’s just another Toyota or Camry on the road. This results in less demand and lower resale value. In contrast conti cars are considered “towkay” cars (by the way Thais use the word towkay too) and also considered stronger than Japanese cars and safer, I cannot blame them. 

• Praise 2

15 minutes ago, steveluv said:

Sadly on the contrary, to the common folks Lexus is less exclusive and less desirable as it has the Japanese car stigma attached to it most people think it’s just another Toyota or Camry on the road. This results in less demand and lower resale value. In contrast conti cars are considered “towkay” cars (by the way Thais use the word towkay too) and also considered stronger than Japanese cars and safer, I cannot blame them. 

IC IC, thanks for the insight to the Thai car market!

Last night wasn’t careful turning corner whacked a kerb on the right side damaged the wheels and also misaligned now 😂

Now at Lexus waiting for insurance to come make survey and later make appointment for repairs.

938DAB23-842A-4339-A782-F4E9E5395924.thumb.jpeg.eda400b809282f378c0b2622f2b2df6e.jpeg

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

So they jacked up the car to observe the bottom

0223FB52-45EC-4BE5-9DBB-753BD62E8633.thumb.jpeg.1eda58628519f6062ac10f26e1e9035f.jpeg

This is the under belly of a ES

1F98C66E-6DBE-4237-8098-F1443A5C5BE8.thumb.jpeg.f554e81f4f63528d9304f9ee09bfc15d.jpeg

So they said the part in blue was damaged and because of that the entire piece in red has to be replaced

6D840C70-28CC-4C7D-A941-7E0764FE5B35.thumb.jpeg.b956aa03d7a12acbbf8d82bc61c3475a.jpeg

also found the shock absorber damaged need to be replaced too

A8AB0F3D-7A8E-4A60-B09E-0E7E23E4F6DF.thumb.jpeg.83fa48c0e861d813e21668000cd1d911.jpeg

I ha e to leave the car there for 10-14 days 

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, steveluv said:

So they said the part in blue was damaged and because of that the entire piece in red has to be replaced

6D840C70-28CC-4C7D-A941-7E0764FE5B35.thumb.jpeg.b956aa03d7a12acbbf8d82bc61c3475a.jpeg

also found the shock absorber damaged need to be replaced too

I ha e to leave the car there for 10-14 days 

Very good car the control arm didn't break. Different from some other makes. 😁

Edited by Atachi
  • Haha! 3

Supercharged
3 hours ago, steveluv said:

Last night wasn’t careful turning corner whacked a kerb on the right side damaged the wheels and also misaligned now 😂

How come all wheels on both sides kena?

32 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

How come all wheels on both sides kena?

Right side more serious happened last night. The other side is old battle scar 😂.

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Atachi said:

Very good car the control arm didn't break. Different from some other makes. 😁

Yah didn’t break but now a little tweaked. So have to change. Japan FTW! Haha

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2