2018 / 2019 7th Generation Lexus ES

Carbon82

Turbocharged

Aiyo you see my video testing the car how can whack 150km/h in Singapore  [thumbsup]

Prices here is not much better than Singapore it bloody $168k here for the ES300H (Thailand only has this engine offering)

Oh and I forgot to add my RX F-Sport here in Thailand is $210k I think same same Singapore.

Bro,

Anyway, enjoy your ride, you also have good space to ram yah. I am a slow driver instead, I just like the power of pick up and the smooth fast ride wehn need to overtake. Other than that, I like to slow down naturally when I see lots of car behind.

Drive safely is outmost for me to enjoy. I will see if one of those days will come that I just change it without thinking. Haha

It's a really nice looking car imo, looks like a baby LS. I like the spindle grill more than the previous gen, the interior looks nice and high build quality too. Hopefully the new IS & GS will follow their design language. (Although I've read some news that Lexus may discontinue the IS & GS.)

The latest GS is not selling and definitely be discontinued. I don't think they will stop the IS as it is suppose to be a performance car while ES is executive and slow(Ah Pek style looking for younger owners). Hehe

↡ Advertisement

Bro,

Anyway, enjoy your ride, you also have good space to ram yah. I am a slow driver instead, I just like the power of pick up and the smooth fast ride wehn need to overtake. Other than that, I like to slow down naturally when I see lots of car behind.

Drive safely is outmost for me to enjoy. I will see if one of those days will come that I just change it without thinking. Haha

The latest GS is not selling and definitely be discontinued. I don't think they will stop the IS as it is suppose to be a performance car while ES is executive and slow(Ah Pek style looking for younger owners). Hehe

Actually with modern cars cruising at 110km/h is actually not fast problem is Singapore’s speed limit.

Is sad to discontinue the GS is it’s true (yes Europe had stopped selling GS since early this year) I always have a GS since I live in Singapore so it’s kinda sad for me to give up my GS for the new ES. Was a difficult decision at first however after testing the ES twice I have no doubt in it.

This ES design is very interesting and I’m sure will appear to many younger drivers

Edited by steveluv

Quick review after seeing the real thing:

Pros:

- More soft material in cabin

- engine confirm VES B (both petrol and hybrid)

- all variants have the 12.3" large screen

- large and sleek

- HUD for high end model

- the new matt aluminium feel for the handles and touch points are finally good to touch and consistent across cabin

- nice bottom rubber lining in side door bins

- full safety system (radar PCS etc)

Cons:

- driver door closing sound not solid strangely... not as good as previous gen. Tried 2 cars - same

- switch gear is a bit flimsy, not solid enough, for example, center console lid open buttons, audio volume control etc

- LCD instrument panel resolution not high enough... still slightly pixelated

- touchpad infotainment control is still fairly difficult to use, even stationary

- full size spare tyre protrudes up into boot space

- still no mandarin option in languages, means it cannot display chinese characters for song names etc

• Praise 2

You forgot to mentioned that given the 12.3" large screenthere is NO Apple car play and android auto.

Quick review after seeing the real thing:

Pros:

- More soft material in cabin

- engine confirm VES B (both petrol and hybrid)

- all variants have the 12.3" large screen

- large and sleek

- HUD for high end model

- the new matt aluminium feel for the handles and touch points are finally good to touch and consistent across cabin

- nice bottom rubber lining in side door bins

- full safety system (radar PCS etc)

Cons:

- driver door closing sound not solid strangely... not as good as previous gen. Tried 2 cars - same

- switch gear is a bit flimsy, not solid enough, for example, center console lid open buttons, audio volume control etc

- LCD instrument panel resolution not high enough... still slightly pixelated

- touchpad infotainment control is still fairly difficult to use, even stationary

- full size spare tyre protrudes up into boot space

- still no mandarin option in languages, means it cannot display chinese characters for song names etc

Edited by pat3g
  • Praise 2

You forget mention there is NO Apple car play and android auto.

That one maybe will come later cos USA models already have apple carplay.

Problem for me was that the LS was right beside the ES. The quality of the interior fittings is really big difference when u sit in both one after the other.

Problem for me was that the LS was right beside the ES. The quality of the interior fittings is really big difference when u sit in both one after the other.

One LS = 2.5 ES
  • Praise 1

LS is like 500k. how to compare bro. :) anyway the infotainment sucks. at least need a mirror link. wonder when they will wake up.

• Praise 1

LS is like 500k. how to compare bro. :) anyway the infotainment sucks. at least need a mirror link. wonder when they will wake up.

There is miracast function.

Actually the new 12.3" is good hardware - high resolution, good colour, looks like a quality IPS/VA/IGZO panel with nice anti-reflection coating.

The problem is 2 fold:

- The GUI is still very blocky - like a simplified version of Windows Metro GUI, everything is just monochrome rectangular blocks with text inside. Definitely looks like Year2000 rather than 2018

- The touch pad control is similar to using a mouse to control a computer.... in RHD vehicles we are using weaker left hand. When driving... no way controllable. Only the german turn knob + push button concept really works when car is on the move.

Lastly the functionality is very limited in terms of value-added-features. Only mainly fuel consumption meter. I recall many years ago, I see Audi A3 have functionality to set alerts at certain speed to prevent speeding. Also seen before nice Torque/Horsepower graphical display on Infiniti.

You forgot to mentioned that given the 12.3" large screen , there is NO Apple car play and android auto.

Indeed. Thai version also do not have. Really sianz.

hi everyone.joined sgcarmart long ago but was never that active.anyway,i just signed on the dotted line for the new ES250 exe.first downpayment made 3 weeks ago.current ride is the GS250 2012 model.i chose the sonic titanium with topaz brown interior.just wanna know if anyone else has also bought the latest ES..can share opinion and knowledge.thnks 

• Praise 4

hi everyone.joined sgcarmart long ago but was never that active.anyway,i just signed on the dotted line for the new ES250 exe.first downpayment made 3 weeks ago.current ride is the GS250 2012 model.i chose the sonic titanium with topaz brown interior.just wanna know if anyone else has also bought the latest ES..can share opinion and knowledge.thnks 

Congrats. 

When get car?

Congrats. 

When get car?

hi DACH..thank u for ur well wishes.collection is in the 2nd week of Jan 2019.it was my choice (i can get it as early as Nov) as lexus agreed to trade in my GS for the same price be it now or Jan.so i thought my outstanding will be lower by roughly $5k.can save some cash.tested the car 4 times before signing.2nd test i drove all the way to corporation rd using AYE and the 4th during pouring rain.we wanted to be sure that it is the perfect choice.

• Praise 1

I find the exterior design and cabin material, fit and finishing is better than the last gen. But the speedo design too cramp. The drive while more dynamic, I feel the ride not as supple/magic carpet ride or the last gen. Btw, anyone know if the engine sound is synthetic thru the speakers? I find the engine sound spoilt the otherwise serene cabin.

• Praise 1

Congratulations 

↡ Advertisement