2018 / 2019 7th Generation Lexus ES

Carbon82

anyone Interested DM me. bought 6 May 2022 with receipt for $350, willing to let go at $200 Brembo slotted rear rotors for Lexus ES or UX and also Toyota C-HR or Rav 4. selling as wanna change to others.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled3.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Hihi, 

Test drove an used unit, as well as brand new at Borneo, for both ES250 and ES300H. 

For ES250, sorry but the pick-up performance is unacceptable for me. So not gonna comment anymore on this 2.5L NA variant. 

For ES300H, pick up and cruising is enjoyable with the additional hybrid battery.

But a few deal-breakers for me

1. The touch sensor pad and infotainment system - not user friendly and too sensitive. Hard to maneuver esp while driving. 

2. Terrible resolution of the reverse cam. 

3. The driver instrument cluster seems dated

Don't get me wrong, I stil think the ES ia a fantastic looking car, with superb sound insulation and premium cabin quality. I jus feel at this price range, there are many other options to consider. 

• Praise 1

@oleoleole more or less i got same eval. But since comfort is my top priority, this car is best choice at that moment of time.

I tested c180,c200,a4,a5. 

Do share with my your other eval results as well and ended up choose what car. 

• Praise 1

(edited)

@BioinformaticsA5 profit margin was ard 20k or so ... havent even bargain. 160k when coe was 40k. but its not a "comfortable" ride, as the susp was stiff.

Edited by Dannnn
  • Praise 2

Supercharged
17 hours ago, oleoleole said:

Hihi, 

Test drove an used unit, as well as brand new at Borneo, for both ES250 and ES300H. 

For ES250, sorry but the pick-up performance is unacceptable for me. So not gonna comment anymore on this 2.5L NA variant. 

For ES300H, pick up and cruising is enjoyable with the additional hybrid battery.

1. The touch sensor pad and infotainment system - not user friendly and too sensitive. Hard to maneuver esp while driving. 

Don't get me wrong, I stil think the ES ia a fantastic looking car, with superb sound insulation and premium cabin quality. I jus feel at this price range, there are many other options to consider. 

If you want really modern infotainment, then you should look at used 5 series.

• Praise 1

@oleoleole 

The face lifted ES (4Q 2021) has a touch screen infotainment system which is moved nearer to the driver.  However, it is still unable to read Chinese characters.  The BMW ID7 is more tech advanced

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Fat_slayer said:

@oleoleole 

The face lifted ES (4Q 2021) has a touch screen infotainment system which is moved nearer to the driver.  However, it is still unable to read Chinese characters.  The BMW ID7 is more tech advanced

For chinese characters to display for songs etc, use Apple CarPlay or Andriod Auto to play the music instead of native.

Supercharged
On 5/15/2022 at 10:27 AM, Bioinformatics said:

@oleoleole more or less i got same eval. But since comfort is my top priority, this car is best choice at that moment of time.

No test E200, E250, BMW 5 series?

Your test drives models r smaller than the ES series leh. Kinda oranges to apples comparison.

Yeah, ES is good to be ferried around. Comfy seats but drive lack that "fun" factor though.

(edited)

@Spurman GS model was the best in Lexus, very similar to E200/520 or with more powerful option with all models RWD.  ES is camry in expensive suit....

Edited by Knighthunter
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
3 hours ago, Knighthunter said:

@Spurman GS model was the best in Lexus, very similar to E200/520 or with more powerful option with all models RWD.  ES is camry in expensive suit....

That is why Borneo never bring in Top of Line Camry SL,they afraid the ES cannot sell.

Neutral Newbie
On 5/14/2022 at 7:32 PM, oleoleole said:

Hihi, 

@oleoleole 

Maybe Mazda 6 ?

Es - one should compare with 5 series, E class.

Compare the value , in terms price, feel, fuel, pulse ... not forgetting of 3-5 years ownership.

Neutral Newbie
On 5/15/2022 at 10:27 AM, Bioinformatics said:

If comfort then LS or RX types aka 7 series, S class ...

If value for money I will choose ES if money not an issue then 540

↡ Advertisement