Dahon or Tern?

Soya

Supersonic

1986 can qualify under classic scheme liao

Better keep to sell as collectors item than trying to revive it as it's probably cheaper to buy new

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

What is the cost of making a foldying bike? 

It seems those mechanical stuff are so easy to and duplicate make under $100 but costs hundreds. Isnt it a good business to get into? 

26 minutes ago, golden_eagle said:

It seems those mechanical stuff are so easy to and duplicate make under $100 but costs hundreds. Isnt it a good business to get into? 

There is a massive different btw well designed bike and badly designed bike.

The price different btw both can be extreme.

Bicycle is labour intensive.  Do you have the skill to do it?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
36 minutes ago, golden_eagle said:

I guess there is mass market bike and niche market bike.. Aleoca make for the mass but seem mkt getting smaller (just my observation)..

Brompton on the other hand is like high end mass but oso a niche market (those with modification). Recently the market just went crazy for Brompton.. price been shooting up and up for re-sale mkt.. I sold mine 2014 M6R which maybe sell for $1800 six months back but this week I sold for $3250..  but seem mkt cooling off abit now..

for me I don dare trust my life with mass market bike as I ride "fast"..

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

I guess there is mass market bike and niche market bike.. Aleoca make for the mass but seem mkt getting smaller (just my observation)..

Brompton on the other hand is like high end mass but oso a niche market (those with modification). Recently the market just went crazy for Brompton.. price been shooting up and up for re-sale mkt.. I sold mine 2014 M6R which maybe sell for $1800 six months back but this week I sold for $3250..  but seem mkt cooling off abit now..

I wonder how much i can fetch for S6L with Andrew Ritchie autograph

Turbocharged
7 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I wonder how much i can fetch for S6L with Andrew Ritchie autograph

don wonder boss.. just list in carousell and see if any buyer bite..

Chpt3 now no $8,000 no talk.. A lucky seller sold his Nickel S2L-X at $9500.. now even Explorer people asking $10,000 where 6 months back is $3,500.. CRAZY..

Sell now.. don think this mkt can sustain..  i notice now the movement slow down liao.. correction coming.. whahahahahahaha..

Just now, Ody_2004 said:

don wonder boss.. just list in carousell and see if any buyer bite..

Chpt3 now no $8,000 no talk.. A lucky seller sold his Nickel S2L-X at $9500.. now even Explorer people asking $10,000 where 6 months back is $3,500.. CRAZY..

Sell now.. don think this mkt can sustain..  i notice now the movement slow down liao.. correction coming.. whahahahahahaha..

I am not selling it.  It is not ez to get Andrew Ritchie Signature.

• Praise 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, Ody_2004 said:

With mass market like Aleoca then maybe it's not easy money anyway. I wonder what makes Brompton costs ten times more than Aleoca, since the cost of metal and rubber probably doesnt differ much. If it's same as Gucci vs Giordano then it's gone case to make a quick buck. 

Edited by golden_eagle

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, golden_eagle said:

With mass market like Aleoca then maybe it's not easy money anyway. I wonder what makes Brompton costs ten times more than Aleoca, since the cost of metal and rubber probably doesnt differ much. If it's same as Gucci vs Giordano then it's gone case to make a quick buck. 

Guess it boiled down to branding and quality.

anyway bicycle i doubt worth to venture.. now dominated by China and Taiwan. They can flood you die! 😂

16 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Guess it boiled down to branding and quality.

anyway bicycle i doubt worth to venture.. now dominated by China and Taiwan. They can flood you die! 😂

Brompton has a lot of Bespoke parts that is made in-house.

Even sturmey archer rear hub is not used in a lot of bikes.

Lastly, it is the Engineering and Workmenship.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2