DIY detailing experiment

Buadongdong

Came across this F4 Ecoshine Renew paint refresher when looking for detailing products on youtube. Had been intrigued by this talk about the next generation product after SiO2 technology that give us Meg's HCW and  Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating, which is graphene infused coating. Then I chanced upon the F4 Ecoshine Renew which is infused with graphene so was intrigues to buy it to try out. As it work best on a older car, I reckon it should be just nice for my 5 year old B180. 

https://shopee.sg/product/200744007/7211025956

Watching through 2 videos that consistently touted significant improvement in shine though use of glossmeter beside the durability, I was excited to give it a go. Frankly it is not that cheap at $36 for 300gm bottle to do DIY, good enough for a compact car and minivan from my application, but if it can deliver then I would have no complain lah.

Applying the coating was easy. Just follow the video below:

And the cars definitely look much shinier after the application. Even after 2 weeks still have fantastic water beading property when doing car wash. I would be happy if it can last for a few months.

And now would be good time to do all these DIY detailing works since most of us are spending more time at home due to lockdown. I had tried the HCW, quite impressed with it. Also bought the TW hybrid solution Ceramic Spray to try out, but had jumped the gun to try out the F4 Ecoshine first haha.

20200409_184458_copy_1209x1612.jpg

20200409_184023_copy_1209x906.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Eh boss.. change car already ah.. 

I tried TWC and I wasn't impressed. The SNS was ok. I thought it was just me but customer feedback that it fail just 2 weeks. I wasnt sure how his prep was like.

Shine and hydrophobic are there but when I added a second coat after 1 week. The problem came, the shine muted. So indeed you got to follow their instruction apply 6 months only.

There is one product tec system 1 step master which I personally like it. Add a lot of depth and the shine improve significantly. Slickness was fantastic. I added a layer of trackclaw racing polish which contain teflon aka fluropolymer after 2 weeks and the paint really pops further. Down side price is not cheap for tec system. You can give it a shot next round. Have fun detailing and stay safe bro.

20200409_221652.thumb.jpg.017f9af2f7f36b56b14e057a32fc2de9.jpg

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, Maddriver said:

Eh boss.. change car already ah.. 

I tried TWC and I wasn't impressed. The SNS was ok. I thought it was just me but customer feedback that it fail just 2 weeks. I wasnt sure how his prep was like.

Shine and hydrophobic are there but when I added a second coat after 1 week. The problem came, the shine muted. So indeed you got to follow their instruction apply 6 months only.

There is one product tec system 1 step master which I personally like it. Add a lot of depth and the shine improve significantly. Slickness was fantastic. I added a layer of trackclaw racing polish which contain teflon aka fluropolymer after 2 weeks and the paint really pops further. Down side price is not cheap for tec system. You can give it a shot next round. Have fun detailing and stay safe bro.

20200409_221652.thumb.jpg.017f9af2f7f36b56b14e057a32fc2de9.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. Was going to try TWC soon. I prefer HCW as quite easy to apply after the base coat, just spray and rinse away with jet water.

About the 1-Step Master, is it durable? And will flashing occur during application if not careful? Read briefly that need to buff off quickly else will be diifficult to do so, abit worried haha. My wife bought a huge bottle of 70% alcohol which can also be used to clean up car to do better prep before coating, unintended benefit for other car use too haha.

21 hours ago, Heartlander said:

Thanks for the feedback. Was going to try TWC soon. I prefer HCW as quite easy to apply after the base coat, just spray and rinse away with jet water.

About the 1-Step Master, is it durable? And will flashing occur during application if not careful? Read briefly that need to buff off quickly else will be diifficult to do so, abit worried haha. My wife bought a huge bottle of 70% alcohol which can also be used to clean up car to do better prep before coating, unintended benefit for other car use too haha.

No issue with the flashing. Just need ti apply thin layer with mf applicator.

70% alcohol is too strong and may soften your clearcoat. Suggest you dilute further. Infact most of those paint prep in the market is just about 1 to 3% alcohol but I am not sure what other chemicals are added in there.so they are generally very safe on any clearcoat.

• Praise 1

(edited)

I'm using Sonax SNS and its new Ceramic Detailer. The slickness and beading is crazy.

20210620_204833.jpg

Edited by badlammy
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Anyone gave experience with koch chemie fse? I tried yesterday and sadly it hurts my paintwork. Now my bonnet seems like discolored. Will polishing helps?

TIA

I DIY my Vios two coats of a 9H sealant (bought online cheaply).  The result is a very shiny paint but I'm not sure how long it will last - probably once every year at the minimum.  The preparation work is the tough part while the sealant application is much easier than expected.

Hi Everyone,

We are marketing and distribution company in Singapore, We supply both B2B & B2C. We are carrying high quality DIY car care product brands like
Koch Chemie,
The Rag Company,
Slip n Grip. 

Please feel free to contact me  at +65 80282479 - (Kumar) and i will sent our product e-catalogs. 

Cheers

Thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrMmvV-9z04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z81ll0Pf84g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_XnhyNrLCE

I have been using Jescar Ultra Lock+ because they are quite a few positive reviews on youtube AND the price is ok S$57 for 16oz (can use on 1 car 5 times) or S$80 for 32oz.

I just apply using a normal sponge applicator and the buff it by hand - as I'm going for protection not maximum shine.

As I park outdoors, I apply every 2 months.

↡ Advertisement