Anyone applied for or working at Car companies? Need help.

Nick2342

(edited)

If you are eligible to take a license now, then get it asap.

Yup i am already in the midst of taking my class 3. So for now just try to apply see if can?

Thanks!

Edited by Nick2342
↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Do most SA advisor job require class 3 license? In the case of those that do not state it as a requirement, means no need driving license?

Asking as i am taking my driving license at the moment but most of the SA jobs need class 3 license?

Is it ok to apply for the job without the license? Or is best to wait until i get license then apply?

No Licence how to do test drive with Customer to know the Fault.?Some faults,only Driver can feel....Even Owner Drive,the SA cannot feel it.

Supersonic
(edited)

TS should just apply for a job in the relevant industry. As a fresh grad, he has not much option, it is difficult for him to decide what job he want though he should still have some preference in mind.  After getting into the the relevant trade , that is how he could establish and prove himself to get his ideal job or even move up the career ladder. It takes one's attitude, capability, enthusiasm, luck and timing to progress his career. And having the right attitude is very important. 

Edited by Ct3833

Turbocharged

Hi bro, I am in automotive industry and work for very big established car dealerships/distributors main agents.

Wat I can say is It is not easy to get in and get a job at big dealerships borneo motors, kah motors, tan chong, performance motors, cycle n carriage etc.

To get in, either u must be very good, have proven track records or u have established "name" reputation in the industry. Else, u will need to know people who can "intro" u in somehow someway. Remember that there are always many contenders wanting the same job. Show that u r willing to learn, a raw polished carbon which can turn to diamonds! U need to start so,me where even if it means taking a lower pay! This is harsh fact

Since u r fresh grad, u have no choice, it is numbers game, the more u apply and try the higher your chances. Base on my experience, every 100 applications u send, roughly 10 calls or 10% will get back to u. So if u have just sent 10, your chances is 1 will get back to u for interview invitation etc..this is roughly unless u r very outstanding. Luck plays a part also! Some r lucky some r not and not always the best suited candidate secures the job finally. This is hard truth and hard fact.

If u r hungry enough, do wat is necessary to increase your chances!

Also, don't dream of getting your dream job at your preferred dream company at dream location. Most of the times 90% u do not land up the job unless u know people or proven track record. U should not lay all eggs in 1 basket!

My advise is the more u apply the more chances, 1st step is most difficult especially for fresh grad. It is very hard to get in big dealerships ( big car brands ) main agents with no working experience. Some offer management trainee scheme but I think need min. Degree to be eligible.

U Shld try the non-mainstream car companies or smaller dealerships, will have better chances

Good luck and all the best!

How about you be his mentor. Ai mai?

Hi bro, I am in automotive industry and work for very big established car dealerships/distributors main agents.

Wat I can say is It is not easy to get in and get a job at big dealerships borneo motors, kah motors, tan chong, performance motors, cycle n carriage etc.

To get in, either u must be very good, have proven track records or u have established "name" reputation in the industry. Else, u will need to know people who can "intro" u in somehow someway. Remember that there are always many contenders wanting the same job. Show that u r willing to learn, a raw polished carbon which can turn to diamonds! U need to start so,me where even if it means taking a lower pay! This is harsh fact

Since u r fresh grad, u have no choice, it is numbers game, the more u apply and try the higher your chances. Base on my experience, every 100 applications u send, roughly 10 calls or 10% will get back to u. So if u have just sent 10, your chances is 1 will get back to u for interview invitation etc..this is roughly unless u r very outstanding. Luck plays a part also! Some r lucky some r not and not always the best suited candidate secures the job finally. This is hard truth and hard fact.

If u r hungry enough, do wat is necessary to increase your chances!

Also, don't dream of getting your dream job at your preferred dream company at dream location. Most of the times 90% u do not land up the job unless u know people or proven track record. U should not lay all eggs in 1 basket!

My advise is the more u apply the more chances, 1st step is most difficult especially for fresh grad. It is very hard to get in big dealerships ( big car brands ) main agents with no working experience. Some offer management trainee scheme but I think need min. Degree to be eligible.

U Shld try the non-mainstream car companies or smaller dealerships, will have better chances

Good luck and all the best!

You mean must be very good in order to enter those big brands?

Those front line SA,i don't find them so good leh?Or maybe I m unlucky to ever met one?

And two of the big brand you mention,two of their SA ever let me screw upside down due to poor service.

And I go all the way to their management level.

Later part then I know the SA is one of their best SA around.lol.....

Supersonic

Fresh grad have to bite the bullet sometimes in this small and competitive job market.

Supersonic

Uncle me priase TS. thumb up. good.

at least you are willing to start a thread asking aroundfor opinion. Good first step/initiative. you have already won hand down compare to many others sitting around waiting for jobs to knock on their door step.

I don't have much view to offer in auto industries but to give you an encouragement.

• Praise 1

Hi all. Sorry for the very late bump on this thread as i am roughly seeking similar advice.

I would like to thank everyone that has contributed and given me advice before and i sincerely appreciate it.

Have been working in spare parts recently as i feel is the best i can contribute in given my hearing condition and hope tt i cn hopefully find a job in Tan Chong (Nissan) if possible one day, as it has been my dream and motivation.

Have tried to apply to them many times including recently, for a role similar to what i am doing now, but hve been unsucessful and am kind of worried as age might not be on my side for long.

Tried editing my resume and cover letters in between applications but no luck each time.

Thanks in advance!

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Nick2342 said:

Hi all. Sorry for the very late bump on this thread as i am roughly seeking similar advice.

I would like to thank everyone that has contributed and given me advice before and i sincerely appreciate it.

Have been working in spare parts recently as i feel is the best i can contribute in given my hearing condition and hope tt i cn hopefully find a job in Tan Chong (Nissan) if possible one day, as it has been my dream and motivation.

Have tried to apply to them many times including recently, for a role similar to what i am doing now, but hve been unsucessful and am kind of worried as age might not be on my side for long.

Tried editing my resume and cover letters in between applications but no luck each time.

Thanks in advance!

Why Tan Chong? Why Nissan? I am not an industry insider but as a customer, my perception is that that company is slowly dying, or at least transitioning into semi-irrelevance, at least for cars.

• Praise 2

5 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Why Tan Chong? Why Nissan? I am not an industry insider but as a customer, my perception is that that company is slowly dying, or at least transitioning into semi-irrelevance, at least for cars.

Well, can say cos Nissan cars were what got me to tke an interest in cars back then

True for the most part with thier sedans being transitioned in favor of electric vehicles or hybrid SUVs/hatches like the Ariya, Kicks and the Note Aura but i think the 400Z and the (future GT-R if it is in development) will help somewhat.

7 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

One big question mark i have is why they somehow dont want to bring in the Almera that is selling like hotcakes in malaysia! Very well reviewed also!

TS, as other commentators have told you in the past, you will be more likely be able to enter if you cast your net wider. It's nice to have a dream company but in the current tough economic climate, they may not have spare headcount in the role you are looking for. Unless you offer to intern?

TC Motors are likely not to be doing as well as KMC, BM or Kah Motors because of their low volume of sales. Good luck!

• Praise 2

21 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Love what you do, not which coy you work for... 

GL with your search...

Thanks. Yup i love what i am doing now, anything else is a bonus. Just hope hve the chance someday.. hais.

2 minutes ago, Nick2342 said:

Thanks. Yup i love what i am doing now, anything else is a bonus. Just hope hve the chance someday.. hais.

In that case, won't harm to go to that door and play knock knock...😁

21 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

In that case, won't harm to go to that door and play knock knock...😁

Think might not be nice or something if just turn up and ask uh. Especially now with Covid as well also..

I tried applying in person before at TC (but tt was before covid) but no luck bk then also..

(edited)
1 hour ago, yellowshaun said:

One big question mark i have is why they somehow dont want to bring in the Almera that is selling like hotcakes in malaysia! Very well reviewed also!

TS, as other commentators have told you in the past, you will be more likely be able to enter if you cast your net wider. It's nice to have a dream company but in the current tough economic climate, they may not have spare headcount in the role you are looking for. Unless you offer to intern?

TC Motors are likely not to be doing as well as KMC, BM or Kah Motors because of their low volume of sales. Good luck!

Thanks. Have also applied to other companies as adviced before but also no luck until recently. Working at the moment to gain exp and then try again but worried as i am quite old alr.

Think might be a mix of factors , push towards electrification/ hybrids and SUVs which can possibly fill the role of sedans such as the Leaf, Ariya and Note Aura/Kicks which has the HR12DE hybrid powertrain. 

Edited by Nick2342

sorry, dont mean to sound discouraging, but certain companies (not saying tan chong is one of these) have the practice that they do not bother with people who have applied previously but not shortlisted .. i have also seen some HR say in their ads that those who have previously applied but not shortlisted for interview etc need not bother applying again ..

get a close relative or friend to go through your paper qualifications .. again dont mean to sound elitise but maybe the job and companies you are applying to is looking for something that you do not have? yes, i know you are applying for a similar job as that you are doing now, but this present company may well not have required it or may have overlooked it even if this was the normal need for such jobs?

not asking you to give up, but instead of charging multiple times at a door that wont budge open, relook your strategies, maybe you may need to upskill to get another piece of paper deemed normal for this kind of job or company etc ..

good luck and all the best .. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1