2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

Wow bro same as you at first this left 1 stock according to them at the point of time i bought it last month. Got my COE early last month.

So when are you collecting the car?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Anyone here has managed to change the car speakers for KIA cerato? Any brand of speakers to recommend? Entry level will do.

• Praise 1

Anyone here has managed to change the car speakers for KIA cerato? Any brand of speakers to recommend? Entry level will do.

That’s relatively easy to upgrade . There are two screws per door, then the door panels are fixed with clips all around. The woofers are 165mm but you need spacers (MDF or kia 4 screws) unless you use shallow mounting speakers.

If you listen mostly to radio, the EX / SX factory speakers are actually ok. The factory woofers are not coaxial so I guess no tweeters in the L. If you want to upgrade, get your hands on some decent speakers in sale if you can. I usually recommend the entry level from Focal (for jazz, classical, rhythm & blues, vocals..) or JBL (rock, house...). Make sure to get speakers with high sensitivity (in the 92 dB or so) so you’ll get good power output from the factory HU. I went with Focal ISU 165 and ICU 165 and they sound very good direct from the HU.

Further than that, you’ll want to look for time alignment and eq but that’s a game of diminishing returns. Most people will be very happy just by upgrading the speakers.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Many who have secured COE are anxious to collect their brand new Cerato.

If you have traded in your car, it's to your advantage to drag and delay  the collection date, as your existing car depreciates in value daily, and you get to register your new Cerato at a later date, which can fetch a higher price when you eventually sell it.  

Thatâs relatively easy to upgrade . There are two screws per door, then the door panels are fixed with clips all around. The woofers are 165mm but you need spacers (MDF or kia 4 screws) unless you use shallow mounting speakers.

If you listen mostly to radio, the EX / SX factory speakers are actually ok. The factory woofers are not coaxial so I guess no tweeters in the L. If you want to upgrade, get your hands on some decent speakers in sale if you can. I usually recommend the entry level from Focal (for jazz, classical, rhythm & blues, vocals..) or JBL (rock, house...). Make sure to get speakers with high sensitivity (in the 92 dB or so) so youâll get good power output from the factory HU. I went with Focal ISU 165 and ICU 165 and they sound very good direct from the HU.

Further than that, youâll want to look for time alignment and eq but thatâs a game of diminishing returns. Most people will be very happy just by upgrading the speakers.

Thanks for the detailed info! Very helpful to people like me who have little knowledge on car speakers.
  • Praise 1

Entry level pioneer speakers. Front and rear shouldnt cost more than 300.

I got a pioneer HU as well, total difference to the sound experience.

• Praise 2

Entry level pioneer speakers. Front and rear shouldnt cost more than 300.

I got a pioneer HU as well, total difference to the sound experience.

Can you share the ref of the pioneer HU compatible with our Cerato ?
  • Praise 1

Just got news from my SE, can collect my black SX mid july. Bought in apr and COE secured Apr 2nd bid.

Congrats.

I am still waiting update from SE on my GB SX

• Praise 1

Just got news from my SE, can collect my black SX mid july. Bought in apr and COE secured Apr 2nd bid.

Same for me. Congrates bro
  • Praise 2

So when are you collecting the car?

Ah not too sure. Pending to ask him end of month for update. As he told me waiting period jun and july. 

How bro about this PPF from Solar Gard is under Saint Gobain. Any feedback?.

• Praise 1

Received a call from my friendly se yday. Informed me tat I should be collecting my SX steel grey ard 2nd week of July. I will be going down showroom sign some doc, and make insurance payment by end of this mth.

• Praise 3

Guys, I have been hearing some rattling sound from the driver side aircon vent every now and then especially go through rough surfaces..

Anyone has the same experience?

On a side note my HU keeps switching from FM to USB automatically. Quite irritating. Updating the software also doesn't solve the issue..

• Praise 1

(edited)

Just late last week SE messaged, registration in first week of July and for me to make outstanding payment

10 days or so prior to registration for my Black EX.

Edited by Usermane
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Congrats to those that are taking their Cerato soon :), any idea what’s the car plate now?

Allocation for today is "SMM" series  3 digit number.

↡ Advertisement