2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

12 hours ago, teomingern said:

Sure still got people don't like the new logo and debadge it to put on the Kinglong badge lor... especially the dudes who like to 'zhng' the car with bodykit, a huge wing and lots of go-fast stickers...

I dont think new badge easy to swap out... no more neat oval background

↡ Advertisement

51 minutes ago, yishunite said:

I dont think new badge easy to swap out... no more neat oval background

Just stick on the surface lor... don't need the oval indentation mah... they'll probably get a streamline logo that doesn't protrude much... or a 3D type that protrudes out like a racer boy style that shouts look at me... bling bling... ha ha ha...

22 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

wont be surprised if the base model still comes with only 2 airbags with no traction control. 

Yeah... it's essentially the same car... just a narrower and sharper front and tweaked more genetically modified rear bumper lower garnish on steroids... heh...

5 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Just stick on the surface lor... don't need the oval indentation mah... they'll probably get a streamline logo that doesn't protrude much... or a 3D type that protrudes out like a racer boy style that shouts look at me... bling bling... ha ha ha...

I guess I expect a "KIA" indent on the surface that will be hard to paste over

2 hours ago, yishunite said:

I guess I expect a "KIA" indent on the surface that will be hard to paste over

Oh... I didn't think of that... will have indentation in the KIA shape meh? Actually that's a pretty difficult shape to make on a metal surface... if they did that, really take my hat off for Kia for that detail... looks like need to stamp when the metal is still soft to make that indentation... I think circles or ovals easier to make? I wonder if this indentation thing is a thing? I never noticed... 

34 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Oh... I didn't think of that... will have indentation in the KIA shape meh? Actually that's a pretty difficult shape to make on a metal surface... if they did that, really take my hat off for Kia for that detail... looks like need to stamp when the metal is still soft to make that indentation... I think circles or ovals easier to make? I wonder if this indentation thing is a thing? I never noticed... 

Not hard leh, just stamp when sheet is being formed... Nowadays HyundaiKia doing alot of funny shapes in their sheet metal

On 4/15/2021 at 9:18 PM, Carbon82 said:

Facelift Cerato (aka K3 in Korea) to be unveiled in Korean on 20th April.

Kia-Forte-1.jpg

image.png.e0d677968bf3ce24fbcd42c4b1de3f99.png

image.thumb.png.f14847ca8bd02a469ebf7863257c7fc3.png

• Praise 1

https://youtu.be/jpUtyTXFQ94

The new 2021 KIA K3 looks alright, not as a massive change compared to Hyundai AVANTE CN7. Come on, C&C be competitive like the AVANTE Elite variant, bring in full safely features!

Hope the rear lights is one straight line like the avante.

45AC15AF-F8F5-4B70-BEBF-1184900F7059.jpeg

AE123DB4-A2AB-43EA-AD19-F0DB171B2CDD.jpeg

Edited by Fellows

18 hours ago, Fellows said:

The new 2021 KIA K3 looks alright, not as a massive change compared to Hyundai AVANTE CN7. Come on, C&C be competitive like the AVANTE Elite variant, bring in full safely features!

Komoco was blasted by some for pricing the Avante Elite at way above $100k n they were also sniggled at by some for the pricing being close to and even surpassing established competitors like Altis, Mz3, Civic etc. If u want a full specced K3, it will be be likewise.

I pity the ADs cos when they don't bring in sufficient specs, they are told we paying big $ for getting an empty shell etc and when they do bring in full specs, they are also criticized for unrealistic pricing etc. So a case of do and be damned, don't do and also be damned haiz...........  

• Praise 3

2 engine option: 1.6NA with CVT or 1.6T with 7DCT (GT) in Korea.

Asian Petrolhead first look 2022 KIA K3 Facelift:https://youtu.be/1sWMUFvYP2A

No ambient lighting but come with better safely features. A handful of tweaks have also been made to the interior of the K3. For example, there’s a 10.25-inch infotainment touchscreen and a 10.25-inch digital instrument cluster, this digital gauge cluster will only be featured on top spec variant.

Entry-level models will have a smaller 4.2-inch digital driver display and an 8.0-inch infotainment screen.

New external blue colour pair with new two tone black/orange seats. 

Edited by Fellows

5 hours ago, Heartbreakid said:

My guess is, with this facelift, our market could be getting the new dual injection engine coupled with IVT (CVT).

Interested to see if the same setup in this K3 will get the same VES Band A2 like the current Avante. 

On 4/18/2021 at 4:31 PM, Fellows said:

45AC15AF-F8F5-4B70-BEBF-1184900F7059.jpeg

AE123DB4-A2AB-43EA-AD19-F0DB171B2CDD.jpeg

I see they still haven't re-integrated the turn and reverse signal back to the main cluster 🤣

18 minutes ago, Ceecookie said:

I see they still haven't re-integrated the turn and reverse signal back to the main cluster 🤣

Ya. Putting the signal lamp on the bumper is not an ideal level because it is not at eye level from other drivers line of sight. This is something I cannot understand about KIA designer also. Not that putting the signal lamps at the bumper level is nice or what, it just looks after thought. And yet the main rear cluster has location which suppose to be the signal indicators instead are reflectors.

↡ Advertisement