2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

On 6/21/2021 at 7:24 AM, teomingern said:

It's not we're laggard... cars will never be cheap or even affordable... with car-lite, it will be out of reach of most Singaporeans eventually... doesn't matter if the cars are cleaner emissions-wise or safer cos of better safety features... basic problem doesn't change... we can't afford to have more cars on the road cos we're only that big (small)....

Spot on!

The govt will never try to make cars in Singapore cheap/value for money - that's the last thing on their mind.  

I can't imagine how it will be like if every household in Singapore owns 1 or 2 cars.

↡ Advertisement

39 minutes ago, Rickster said:

Spot on!

The govt will never try to make cars in Singapore cheap/value for money - that's the last thing on their mind.  

I can't imagine how it will be like if every household in Singapore owns 1 or 2 cars.

Every day jam until siao lor... like in KL or Bangkok or Jakarta...

hi cerato users here,

2 quick questions if you face same matters on 2019 cerato?

during pickup at slope like kje toward bke woodlands..tried to pickup fr 60km to 90km on exponential accelerator..the engine vibrated like "no breath" 

next, after parked the car liao..hear the rear wheels string noise, asked the cc tech..he said is normal when string recoil back..i owned number of cars and vans..none of cars had this noise until a fat ass get out of car..then you hear coil spring back noise..only time i get is from my vans lol..

first timer owns a korean car so abit puzzle if above are the norm?

pls share..tks 

On 7/4/2021 at 8:26 PM, Driver5039 said:

hi cerato users here,

2 quick questions if you face same matters on 2019 cerato?

during pickup at slope like kje toward bke woodlands..tried to pickup fr 60km to 90km on exponential accelerator..the engine vibrated like "no breath" 

next, after parked the car liao..hear the rear wheels string noise, asked the cc tech..he said is normal when string recoil back..i owned number of cars and vans..none of cars had this noise until a fat ass get out of car..then you hear coil spring back noise..only time i get is from my vans lol..

first timer owns a korean car so abit puzzle if above are the norm?

pls share..tks 

What is 'exponential accelerator'? You're going upslope at 60 km/h and you want to go to 90 km/h quickly, you need to floor the accelerator and get the gearbox to kick down 1-2 gears... you'll hear the engine howling until your engine speed hits about 5500 RPM, then you'll feel the surge of power... this is NA engines for you... they live on revs... above 4500 RPM, your car feels alive... so you want to go fast, you've got to really floor it and let the revs climb to the redline... don't worry, engine won't spoil one...

'String noise' - I presume you mean the suspension springs? Is it very loud and obvious? I don't think you should be hearing this noise. Like you I haven't heard it on any of my previous cars... You may want to get a second opinion, although it is very unlikely that the springs are shot (or spoilt)... maybe it's the bushings on the suspension towers which are making the noise as the springs relax and the suspension arms relax back to the resting position?

• Praise 2

Looks like facelift Cerato will use back the same old powertrain (1.6 Gamma MPi with 6AT) as pre-facelift. Pre-facelift Cerato GT-Line is the one on the right with Model as Cerato 1.6(A) Sunroof and to the the one on the left which was recently added, Cerato SX GT-Line, likely the facelift version with same power output and same engine capacity.  🤔

786383557_Screenshot2021-07-11100050.thumb.jpg.3817b7b527e5c95f974fda8d270d9c27.jpg

3 hours ago, Thecarboy302 said:

Looks like facelift Cerato will use back the same old powertrain (1.6 Gamma MPi with 6AT) as pre-facelift. Pre-facelift Cerato GT-Line is the one on the right with Model as Cerato 1.6(A) Sunroof and to the the one on the left which was recently added, Cerato SX GT-Line, likely the facelift version with same power output and same engine capacity.  🤔

786383557_Screenshot2021-07-11100050.thumb.jpg.3817b7b527e5c95f974fda8d270d9c27.jpg

Turbocharged?

26 minutes ago, yellowshaun said:

Turbocharged?

Recent entries shows Turbocharged for even non-turbocharged cars. Facelift Toyota Vios, new Hyundai Avante both also indicated as turbocharged. 🤷‍♂️

(edited)
41 minutes ago, Thecarboy302 said:

Recent entries shows Turbocharged for even non-turbocharged cars. Facelift Toyota Vios, new Hyundai Avante both also indicated as turbocharged. 🤷‍♂️

Bugger make me excited for nothing =D Hopeless gov agency =X

Edited by yellowshaun

On 7/11/2021 at 10:08 AM, Thecarboy302 said:

This is sad if use same engine and gearbox. Hyundai Avante already using newer engine and IVT..........

On 7/17/2021 at 5:14 PM, Bmxcar said:

This is sad if use same engine and gearbox. Hyundai Avante already using newer engine and IVT..........

CnC probably want to keep the Cerato's cost "low" and lower depreciation as compared to the Avante.

It might not necessarily be a bad thing. Just that you wont get to enjoy the new engine and GB one the Cerato. 

3 hours ago, Ahtea said:

CnC probably want to keep the Cerato's cost "low" and lower depreciation as compared to the Avante.

It might not necessarily be a bad thing. Just that you wont get to enjoy the new engine and GB one the Cerato. 

Hopefully that results in the k3 being priced lower than the avante! =D In sg old or new engine we also cant push anyway...

12 hours ago, Ahtea said:

But if you get 15k off isn't it better in terms of lowering costs since the new setup isn't that expensive anyway?

Take for example the EX variant, even though there's a rebate of less than 10k (ard 8 to 9k), they can lower prices by around 5k or so.

Their profit margin, if sgcarmart is to be believed, is razor thin now.

10 hours ago, Brass said:

But if you get 15k off isn't it better in terms of lowering costs since the new setup isn't that expensive anyway?

Take for example the EX variant, even though there's a rebate of less than 10k (ard 8 to 9k), they can lower prices by around 5k or so.

Their profit margin, if sgcarmart is to be believed, is razor thin now.

The rebates or incentives dont exactly go to your pocket. 

Let's do some calculation over here. Assuming Avante S commands a selling price of $94,988, with an average OMV of $18.5k and 15k VES rebate. At the end of 10 years, your PARF is going to be $1.75k, your annual depreciation for the car is about 9.3k. 

On the other hand, if Cerato EX model comes with the same selling price, no VES, OMV of $15k +/- your PARF value at end of 10 years will be $7.5k. That brings your annual depreciation to be about 8.7k.

Does VES actually help lower the cost of the car? Yes and No. It does help a little, but the majority of the VES rebate dont actually go into consumer's pocket. But to the dealer's pocket to defray "rising" cost or build in more buffer to push COE prices to greater heights. 

My 2 cents worth.

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, Ahtea said:

The rebates or incentives dont exactly go to your pocket. 

Let's do some calculation over here. Assuming Avante S commands a selling price of $94,988, with an average OMV of $18.5k and 15k VES rebate. At the end of 10 years, your PARF is going to be $1.75k, your annual depreciation for the car is about 9.3k. 

On the other hand, if Cerato EX model comes with the same selling price, no VES, OMV of $15k +/- your PARF value at end of 10 years will be $7.5k. That brings your annual depreciation to be about 8.7k.

Does VES actually help lower the cost of the car? Yes and No. It does help a little, but the majority of the VES rebate dont actually go into consumer's pocket. But to the dealer's pocket to defray "rising" cost or build in more buffer to push COE prices to greater heights. 

My 2 cents worth.

I think another way to look at this is that you benefited only $15,000 - $6,000 = $11,000 from the VES rebate if the rebate is completely given to you by the AD... but that's quite not the case if we look at the OMV and the COE, and the pricing... pretty hard to calculate how much of the VES rebate you actually benefit from... ultimately, the government claws back $6000 from the VES rebate that was extended in the first place... so the VES is meant to direct buyers to more efficient and cleaner cars but once the AD can use it to manipulate the selling price then it skews the entire market and purpose of the VES... I hope that there can be changes to the system...

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, teomingern said:

I think another way to look at this is that you benefited only $15,000 - $6,000 = $11,000 from the VES rebate if the rebate is completely given to you by the AD... but that's quite not the case if we look at the OMV and the COE, and the pricing... pretty hard to calculate how much of the VES rebate you actually benefit from... ultimately, the government claws back $6000 from the VES rebate that was extended in the first place... so the VES is meant to direct buyers to more efficient and cleaner cars but once the AD can use it to manipulate the selling price then it skews the entire market and purpose of the VES... I hope that there can be changes to the system...

You are absolutely right and spot on on my point. 

↡ Advertisement