2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

On 7/25/2021 at 12:46 AM, yellowshaun said:

I got the pdf brochure from Alvin Tham, Kia SE.

image.thumb.png.38411d10617108c14a56c81f38c7f26e.png

Looks like safety features only come with the mid trim onward... Too bad only VES Band B, so cant compete with the Avante at Band A2 (15k "discount")...

The equipment level is rather comprehensive. Yea, like what many say, it is a pity they didnt bring in the new engine to fight 1-1 with the Avante. 

The current engine and gb setup is decent though - no major complains. 

↡ Advertisement

13 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

Thanks. I quite annoyed with the assigned Kia SE. I asked him is it a facelift he have the cheek to tell me it's a new k3.

I asked if it retains the old engine, he replied it's the same good engine.

Very annoying trying to play with words...

Technically it is new. 0.5 generation. But yea, facelift say facelift la.

On 7/24/2021 at 9:18 AM, Thecarboy302 said:

Facelift Cerato prices are out, price gap between L and EX seems larger now, maybe due to more major equipment differences. 

Screenshot_2021-07-24-09-15-13-014_com.adobe.reader.thumb.jpg.12ee3da55a86487a412f8d09c6237a9e.jpg

Who would pay $16K over the L trim for the GT Line? It comes with exactly the same engine and gearbox... unless it comes with full suite of safety equipment... otherwise, it's really an outlier at this point... 

On 7/25/2021 at 12:46 AM, yellowshaun said:

I got the pdf brochure from Alvin Tham, Kia SE.

image.thumb.png.38411d10617108c14a56c81f38c7f26e.png

Looks like safety features only come with the mid trim onward... Too bad only VES Band B, so cant compete with the Avante at Band A2 (15k "discount")...

As usual the EX trim is the best value if you want all the bells and whistles that really matter... the GT LIne really just adds visual garnishes for $6K more... plus the additional Blind Spot Collision Avoidance Assist... and front parking sensors - but the car isn't so big, so not so important like for one size up...

The main important items of safety equipment all there...

On 7/25/2021 at 1:13 PM, bonjin said:

yeah - objectively, for the price of the EX you could get the elite trim avante.

it's even barely holding off the S trim avante features wise. the EX has LED headlamps/smart cruise control which the S trim doesn't. but the S trim has electronic driver seat/leather interior/wireless charging/electrochromic mirror/auto rain sensor/blind spot collison avoidance assist amongst others that the EX doesn't

Plus minus on the balance about the same... buyers will go for which feature set is more important to them... then the price will play a pivotal role to decide which car they choose...

5 hours ago, Ahtea said:

The equipment level is rather comprehensive. Yea, like what many say, it is a pity they didnt bring in the new engine to fight 1-1 with the Avante. 

The current engine and gb setup is decent though - no major complains. 

Does Kia have access to the new engine already on this older platform? I though they always step child... cos their model year for the Cerato is one year behind the Avante... so logically speaking they get the new engine only on the new platform just like the all new Avante...

3 hours ago, Optramagnum said:

No choice lah. Saleman also need to feed family. Willing buyer Willing seller. Buy with opened eyes. 

I beg to differ. Yes SEs need to earn a living but to blatantly lie that it’s a new model when it’s a facelift is underhanded. Not all buyers are well informed. Many depend on the info provided by SE so it’s not a willing buyer/willing seller scenario but rather an uninformed buyer/withholding crucial information seller scenario👎

• Praise 2

On 7/26/2021 at 4:54 PM, Thecarboy302 said:

@teomingern this new engine and gearbox combination started with this generation of Cerato (K3) in Korea since launch in 2018. 

Oh... you're referring to the IVT and Smartstream engine? I see... thanks!

On 7/26/2021 at 2:34 PM, teomingern said:

Does Kia have access to the new engine already on this older platform? I though they always step child... cos their model year for the Cerato is one year behind the Avante... so logically speaking they get the new engine only on the new platform just like the all new Avante...

Underlying platform maybe. But engine and gearbox i think they are on par in terms of availability. 

(edited)

Why the VES band different from AVANTE, is it due to different engine despite both are 1.6L NA? 

They did give us the 10.25” infotainment system for EX and GT-Line that the AVANTE lacks, but AVANTE have 10.25” digital instrument cluster. They did the opposite. 

C&C never bring the 10.25” digital instrument cluster to Singapore even with the GT-Line that the Korea spec have.

B1A79339-49E5-4382-BA86-9C846BEE9979.jpeg

E04A79F3-0CB5-44F0-B1E4-EA69335940B3.jpeg

3E384652-3C1B-45B0-A7CB-AE50CEC39CB5.jpeg

952BE7E1-46E8-4700-9A6F-1173D6250602.jpeg

Edited by Fellows

My guess is that C&C betting people dont care for the VES rebate since the k3 has a less acquired taste exterior than the avante... So they happy to retain an older engine.

13 hours ago, Fellows said:

Why the VES band different from AVANTE, is it due to different engine despite both are 1.6L NA? 

They did give us the 10.25” infotainment system for EX and GT-Line that the AVANTE lacks, but AVANTE have 10.25” digital instrument cluster. They did the opposite. 

C&C never bring the 10.25” digital instrument cluster to Singapore even with the GT-Line that the Korea spec have.

B1A79339-49E5-4382-BA86-9C846BEE9979.jpeg

E04A79F3-0CB5-44F0-B1E4-EA69335940B3.jpeg

3E384652-3C1B-45B0-A7CB-AE50CEC39CB5.jpeg

952BE7E1-46E8-4700-9A6F-1173D6250602.jpeg

I personally think the digital instrumental panel is not the most important equipment. From the Avante CN7 group, I saw some owners experiencing issues such as the car cannot start, requiring a "factory reset" because of some glitches. Some MB owners also faced issues with their digital instrumental cluster (eg. driving half way the instrument cluster goes blank).

Reliability of an analogue cluster should be better.

The bigger infotainment system i feel is the much more welcomed feature. The screen resolution should be better than the 8" infotainment system found on the Avante CN7. I am just uncertain if they will support Wireless Android Auto/Apple Car Play.

5 minutes ago, Ahtea said:

I personally think the digital instrumental panel is not the most important equipment. From the Avante CN7 group, I saw some owners experiencing issues such as the car cannot start, requiring a "factory reset" because of some glitches. Some MB owners also faced issues with their digital instrumental cluster (eg. driving half way the instrument cluster goes blank).

Reliability of an analogue cluster should be better.

The bigger infotainment system i feel is the much more welcomed feature. The screen resolution should be better than the 8" infotainment system found on the Avante CN7. I am just uncertain if they will support Wireless Android Auto/Apple Car Play.

True, surprisingly the EX is more than enough equipment and good pricing. Of course if price not an issue, go for the GT-Line.

(edited)

The dual tone orange seat on dark colour paint is nice, sadly C&C never give SG the option to choose. If it come with digital cluster for GT-Line that will be a perfect CAT A segment car.

It will be a good fight as K3 GT-Line is fully loaded in spec only lacks digital instrument cluster.

• Mazda 3 (Astina)
  • KIA K3 (GT-Line)
  • Hyundai Avante (Elite)
  • Toyota Corolla Altis (Elegance) 
  • Honda Civic (detuned 1.5T, upcoming release)
Edited by Fellows
↡ Advertisement