2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

6 minutes ago, Spring said:

U r right on the tax structure here etc. A lot of comments that in Korea, u get this n that; in Malaysia, same car is sold at less then half the price with better engine, equipment n so on. Don’t see the point of these kind of comments. It is what it is here n so we compare apples with apples ie across the different brands locally n choose what we like and what we perceive as better value. How to compare with a car overseas? The car scene there has different rules.

I’m sure local AD would love to bring a newer engine but they have to be realistic n also do their sums if the car can sell here or not. Why would they want to deprive local buyers of better engines? Obviously the costs consideration makes them not viable.

How would u explain Kah Motor's pricing though? Their 2020 fit is about 15-20k higher than the PI? I'd argue that this AD's pricing for example is way overpriced...

↡ Advertisement

4 minutes ago, yellowshaun said:

How would u explain Kah Motor's pricing though? Their 2020 fit is about 15-20k higher than the PI? I'd argue that this AD's pricing for example is way overpriced...

This i agree that Kah margins are high. My point is on comparing car prices with those overseas.

I did mention to compare prices between local agents n to conclude based on that amongst other criteria but no point to keep harping Korea has newer engines at cheaper prices etc.

By the way, Kah is the only AD that sells less same brand cars than PI. Quite obvious why this is the case. U reap what u sow as buyers are not stupid.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

6 minutes ago, yellowshaun said:

Really hard to convince you.  You seems to hate Korean cars just because you drive a vios ? That's not right.

41 minutes ago, yellowshaun said:

Final car cost is not only about seeing the selling price.

Breakdown the feature sets. What are the features on the PI Fit? Are they using the same engine? As far as i am aware, the PI Fit @ 80k is a 1.3L NA engine, while the ones sold by KM is either a 1.5L NA. The Hybrid variant, KM's version comes with the full suite of Honda Sensing.

We also have to consider warranty terms and also servicing package the AD/PI has thrown in to sell the car to you.

My 2 cents worth. 

• Praise 2

@yellowshaun Honda Fit from PIs are 1.3 litre with 15k VES rebate while Honda Jazz from Kah is 1.5 without any rebates, which also explains the high price difference. To be fair, the previous gen GK Jazz & Fit were priced quite close I feel, both being 1.3 with 10k VES rebate, more people went for Fit for features like auto aircon and keyless entry and start which Jazz 1.3 lacks. I think if Kah could bring in this 4th gen Jazz in 1.3 form, they would have brought it in. 

2 hours ago, Thecarboy302 said:

@yellowshaun Honda Fit from PIs are 1.3 litre with 15k VES rebate while Honda Jazz from Kah is 1.5 without any rebates, which also explains the high price difference. To be fair, the previous gen GK Jazz & Fit were priced quite close I feel, both being 1.3 with 10k VES rebate, more people went for Fit for features like auto aircon and keyless entry and start which Jazz 1.3 lacks. I think if Kah could bring in this 4th gen Jazz in 1.3 form, they would have brought it in. 

When I was shopping for car last year 3rd quarter, fit and jazz about 10k difference for same spec...

This time round ah thanks its a 1.3 vs 1.5... 100k for a jazz is really wow!

11 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

BM pricing is more ridiculous

Pi Jap sienta G is ABT 96k Vs BM Indonesia sienta 119+

And Ur MIT vios G is 102888, u check out the highlights n features, u will laugh

IMG_20210812_005347.jpg

9 hours ago, Kia7200 said:

BM pricing is more ridiculous

Pi Jap sienta G is ABT 96k Vs BM Indonesia sienta 119+

And Ur MIT vios G is 102888, u check out the highlights n features, u will laugh

IMG_20210812_005347.jpg

The MII Sienta yes how could I forget about that!! BM pricing like stock market one, goes up and down even when COE levels about the same. Sometimes their sienta similar price to the PI, sometimes 20k...

Don't forget what a joke the interior is (the poor use of storage space). This will be my first and last Thai engineered/designed/manufactured car. U can look up in the vios thread the extensive list of issues I have with it :)

Back then I bought the Vios because it was shortlisted against the Jazz, which had 2 airbags and cost more Hahaha...

21 hours ago, Spring said:

This i agree that Kah margins are high. My point is on comparing car prices with those overseas.

I did mention to compare prices between local agents n to conclude based on that amongst other criteria but no point to keep harping Korea has newer engines at cheaper prices etc.

By the way, Kah is the only AD that sells less same brand cars than PI. Quite obvious why this is the case. U reap what u sow as buyers are not stupid.

I think KM's margin is not that high.  For civic and accord, their margin is 17% and 11% respectively.  If i am not wrong, those prices includes 3 years service package as well.  Source taken from Sgcarmart website

Comparing this to other Korean / Jap AD, this is not at all high. 

18 minutes ago, Fat_slayer said:

I think KM's margin is not that high.  For civic and accord, their margin is 17% and 11% respectively.  If i am not wrong, those prices includes 3 years service package as well.  Source taken from Sgcarmart website

The trouble with Kah/Honda is that their car OMVs are high, much higher than comparable cars eg Jazz Hybrid OMV is $23.8k whilst Nissan Note E-power OMV is $21.6k. So perhaps not quite fair to say Kah’s margins are high as their principal also play a part with their high OMVs. Anyway point is that Kah/Honda sells cars at a higher price compared to comparable competition.

Let’s not get into this in detail on a Cerato thread. We can always discuss this in Honda thread and apologies to the Kia members for this distraction.

• Praise 2

C&C try to market it as "all new" but it is ultimately just a facelift. Engine going back to 2015 model and earlier.

Actually the "all new" Cerato previous model had at least a completely new interior even though it use the old engine.

This one they had opportunity to put in the new engine even though interior is almost the same as previous (except some electronics got newer version). Cannot say that this "new" engine isn't actually by now a tried and proven old engine since its been out three years plus already in global markets with far more K3 cars running than Singapore's entire car population

New engine would certainly have justified "all new" tag. My thinking is C&C dont want because they need to retrain service centre staff etc and they are too cheap to do it, not because they are committed to giving K3 drivers a reliable engine

Edited by yishunite

1 hour ago, yellowshaun said:

The MII Sienta yes how could I forget about that!! BM pricing like stock market one, goes up and down even when COE levels about the same. Sometimes their sienta similar price to the PI, sometimes 20k...

Don't forget what a joke the interior is (the poor use of storage space). This will be my first and last Thai engineered/designed/manufactured car. U can look up in the vios thread the extensive list of issues I have with it 🙂

Back then I bought the Vios because it was shortlisted against the Jazz, which had 2 airbags and cost more Hahaha...

At least u r honest with Ur reviews unlike those TL.

U look at the vios G. 102888

Highlights n features is 60/40 foldable seats n halogen headlight. This is really unacceptable

Screenshot_2021-08-12-10-54-46-848_com.miui.gallery.jpg

• Haha! 1

I would like to believe I am quite objective. :)

Don't look at the G, there's nothing much gained from the premium in $$ other than the fold down seats and larger rims.

The vios E competes with the Honda City (both trims don't have fold down seats).

Edited by yellowshaun

19 minutes ago, yellowshaun said:

I would like to believe I am quite objective. 🙂

Don't look at the G, there's nothing much gained from the premium in $$ other than the fold down seats and larger rims.

The vios E competes with the Honda City (both trims don't have fold down seats).

Oh ya. City is more ex too

No wonder I don't see it otr. Vio G n E parf only few diff. Should be local assembly, I NV understand y there r ppl buying it

2 hours ago, Fat_slayer said:

Prev gen Cerato/K3, their margin was actually not that high if u did the calculations especially when COE was 40k +

On 8/10/2021 at 10:35 PM, yishunite said:

This OMV nonsense is irrelevant. Both Kia and Hyundai AD now trying to charge conti margin for Korean car... all these 100k+ car have same OMV as the cars they were selling for $70-80k two yrs ago. Probably can get away with it since design is nicer, reliability is there... only brand name not yet establish

How can be the same OMV? The cars have more safety features, OMV will increase cos of more features... I think even the base trims have better features now?

On 8/12/2021 at 11:04 AM, Spring said:

The trouble with Kah/Honda is that their car OMVs are high, much higher than comparable cars eg Jazz Hybrid OMV is $23.8k whilst Nissan Note E-power OMV is $21.6k. So perhaps not quite fair to say Kah’s margins are high as their principal also play a part with their high OMVs. Anyway point is that Kah/Honda sells cars at a higher price compared to comparable competition.

Let’s not get into this in detail on a Cerato thread. We can always discuss this in Honda thread and apologies to the Kia members for this distraction.

I don't understand why so many cerato haters here. Say bad things about the car etc....is there a need for it?

28 minutes ago, teomingern said:

How can be the same OMV? The cars have more safety features, OMV will increase cos of more features... I think even the base trims have better features now?

I have 2018 K3 SX, with $18k+ OMV. New GTLine will also be around there. Got hard cap cannot go above $20k for loan purposes, and need margin for currency fluctuation. I remember also noticing when I bought mine that the prev 2016 model is also similar OMV

But while COE has gone up by $10-15k over 2018 price (I got SX at $85k with $30k COE), top of the line model gone up by $20-25k over 2018 price. Huat ah

The truth is if they dont charge conti margin they may as well push customer to C&C contis since this is the problem of AD model in Singapore: They dont actually have incentive to push a brand out, but to push the car with the best margin out while owning rights to several brands. So actually Kia prices go up up up because of limited COE that they would happily reserve for Merc

↡ Advertisement