2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

On 9/5/2021 at 3:19 PM, Tanguanpoh said:

240519062_1197034657467459_2237261537543827973_n.thumb.jpg.66ee170ff45485607a902879feb0e469.jpg

Nice dechrome for New Cerato from EX do until like GT line.

Wa nice. Didn't know the cars are on the road already.

↡ Advertisement

On 9/10/2021 at 11:16 AM, Tapiocaflash said:

My car is at 40000km, so C&C recommends changing spark plugs, question - should I just change the stock spark plug, or is there any good 3rd party spark plugs that I should change to for better performance?  Any bro can share your experience?

Why need to change spark plugs? Can last 100,000 km leh...

2 hours ago, teomingern said:

Why need to change spark plugs? Can last 100,000 km leh...

Depends on what type of spark plugs is used. The normal spark plugs (non Iridium type), usually manufacturers will recommend Inspect and replace if necessary at 40k km. Iridium ones typically lasts longer (100k km). My understanding stands corrected.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Ahtea said:

Depends on what type of spark plugs is used. The normal spark plugs (non Iridium type), usually manufacturers will recommend Inspect and replace if necessary at 40k km. Iridium ones typically lasts longer (100k km). My understanding stands corrected.

I refer to the owner's manual... says don't glue to change until 100,000 km or around there...

@teomingern Owner's manual yes. The following link may give you more confirmation that, CnC recommends a change every 40k for spark plugs. They basically follow the non-Iridium 

Lubrication, Maintenance & Major Services | Kia Service Catalogue | Kia Singapore | Cycle & Carriage Singapore (cyclecarriage.com)

The recommended replacement intervals by ADs typically also account for difference in driving patterns (and maybe with profit in mind). 

Let's not get out of topic since the discussion here is mainly on the new Cerato. :D

15 hours ago, teomingern said:

I refer to the owner's manual... says don't glue to change until 100,000 km or around there...

2 hours ago, Ahtea said:

@teomingern Owner's manual yes. The following link may give you more confirmation that, CnC recommends a change every 40k for spark plugs. They basically follow the non-Iridium 

Lubrication, Maintenance & Major Services | Kia Service Catalogue | Kia Singapore | Cycle & Carriage Singapore (cyclecarriage.com)

The recommended replacement intervals by ADs typically also account for difference in driving patterns (and maybe with profit in mind). 

Let's not get out of topic since the discussion here is mainly on the new Cerato. :D

Link here to the Aussie manual (2.0)... can't find the Singapore one though (1.6 L)... says 150,000 km... C&C just carrot head owners leh... 

https://www.kia.com/au/owners/manual.html

Edited by teomingern

11 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Link here to the Aussie manual (2.0)... can't find the Singapore one though (1.6 L)... says 150,000 km... C&C just carrot head owners leh... 

https://www.kia.com/au/owners/manual.html

I believe the 1.6L variant is shown in Page 578 of the owner's manual based on the download link. Recommended replacement interval for 1.6 MPI engine is 60k km. If you fulfil the driving conditions which is listed in the manual, manufacturer's recommendation is to inspect/replace more frequently than 60k km interval. 

My understanding might be incorrect.

• Praise 1

22 hours ago, Ahtea said:

I believe the 1.6L variant is shown in Page 578 of the owner's manual based on the download link. Recommended replacement interval for 1.6 MPI engine is 60k km. If you fulfil the driving conditions which is listed in the manual, manufacturer's recommendation is to inspect/replace more frequently than 60k km interval. 

My understanding might be incorrect.

You're right bro! Interesting that the interval is so different between the 1.6 & 2.0 L engines... for Singapore driving the 2.0 L variant means don't need to change spark plugs until almost end of the 10-year COE lifespan...

6 hours ago, teomingern said:

You're right bro! Interesting that the interval is so different between the 1.6 & 2.0 L engines... for Singapore driving the 2.0 L variant means don't need to change spark plugs until almost end of the 10-year COE lifespan...

A yes and a no. Still, because we are driving the car more in a city setup, the replacement/inspection interval for the spark plugs will be more frequent than listed in the manual. 

21 minutes ago, Ahtea said:

A yes and a no. Still, because we are driving the car more in a city setup, the replacement/inspection interval for the spark plugs will be more frequent than listed in the manual. 

Honestly I hardly think driving in our city state is stressful for the car engine leh... 

4 hours ago, teomingern said:

Honestly I hardly think driving in our city state is stressful for the car engine leh... 

That's cause u never go 0808 :D

I wonder if our stop start traffic and short journies is more tortorous than countries with big open roads ah!

13 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

That's cause u never go 0808 :D

I wonder if our stop start traffic and short journies is more tortorous than countries with big open roads ah!

Sorry ah... what's 0808 eh?