2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

On 5/23/2021 at 12:58 PM, Ahtea said:

Old engine is a normal PFI engine which surprisingly on paper has better horse power output.

New engine is the newer MPI (which has 2 types of fuel injector), which is more efficient. 

At the expense of poorer emissions... hence the new engine to meet the VES banding resulting in a $10,000 rebate which simply destroys your PARF value...

↡ Advertisement

12 hours ago, teomingern said:

At the expense of poorer emissions... hence the new engine to meet the VES banding resulting in a $10,000 rebate which simply destroys your PARF value...

Yes, certainly. It is not a discount upfront to you. It is a way to help dealers maximize their profits. At the end of the day, consumer like us dont benefit much from this incentive. 

Turbocharged
(edited)

On 5/21/2021 at 11:00 AM, teomingern said:

Then the GT sure cost 2x the price of the regular Cerato... ha ha ha... 

Iirc the diff was only around $130k vs $80k. Not two times. Stinger GTline (2.0T) was about 2x the price

But now Cat A and B price quite different and maybe not worth to bring in anymore. Opportunity passed

Edited by yishunite

On 5/27/2021 at 12:02 PM, yishunite said:

Iirc the diff was only around $130k vs $80k. Not two times. Stinger GTline (2.0T) was about 2x the price

But now Cat A and B price quite different and maybe not worth to bring in anymore. Opportunity passed

Agree... cos the specs difference more narrow... overseas the specs difference is much larger...

It's the one nearer that matters more. 

I can't see myself sending to alexandra when I could do it in ubi for an East sider.

Anyway I have nothing but praise for the SA at ubi branch. Good service rendered. 

On 6/5/2021 at 7:47 PM, yellowshaun said:

image.png.9600f1494cf4c0d49b4e812ef2bacf03.png

Sad =(

Waiting for news on facelift Cerato as well, interested to see which engine C&C will bring in, current old MPi with 6AT or new Smartstream with IVT setup. 

On 6/12/2021 at 9:13 AM, Thecarboy302 said:

Waiting for news on facelift Cerato as well, interested to see which engine C&C will bring in, current old MPi with 6AT or new Smartstream with IVT setup. 

Probably the newer engine with the old gearbox... to keep the cost down and put the car in the right VES band...

(edited)

CAT A now $48k

next month COE supply will drop further expect COE to continue north not surprising if hits $60k

Edited by lexiton

19 hours ago, teomingern said:

Probably the newer engine with the old gearbox... to keep the cost down and put the car in the right VES band...

I dont think the new SmartStream engine is mated to a 6AT. I stand corrected, unless this is a potential special indent setup requested by C&C.

5 hours ago, Ahtea said:

I dont think the new SmartStream engine is mated to a 6AT. I stand corrected, unless this is a potential special indent setup requested by C&C.

I also don't think so but stranger things have happened due to our peculiar system in Singapore... ha ha ha...

(edited)

Our COE system need refresh, it’s so old school while all car manufacturers are putting in better, newer and more efficient engine with active safety features onboard. 

With the COE, OMV, VES Band, PARF value those making it harder to get a better specification of the same model with better price compare to other nations. 

LTA kind of laggard as well as our local insurance companies. If I remember correctly, in Europe if your car comes with active safety features (the more safely features) your insurance will be cheaper. 

Meanwhile Singaporean pay so much more to own a car yet in terms of specification always not getting the full package. 

Edited by Fellows

On 6/18/2021 at 1:42 PM, Fellows said:

Our COE system need refresh, it’s so old school while all car manufacturers are putting in better, newer and more efficient engine with active safety features onboard. 

With the COE, OMV, VES Band, PARF value those making it harder to get a better specification of the same model with better price compare to other nations. 

LTA kind of laggard as well as our local insurance companies. If I remember correctly, in Europe if your car comes with active safety features (the more safely features) your insurance will be cheaper. 

Meanwhile Singaporean pay so much more to own a car yet in terms of specification always not getting the full package. 

It's not we're laggard... cars will never be cheap or even affordable... with car-lite, it will be out of reach of most Singaporeans eventually... doesn't matter if the cars are cleaner emissions-wise or safer cos of better safety features... basic problem doesn't change... we can't afford to have more cars on the road cos we're only that big (small)....

(edited)

COE probably limits the type of engine technology which can be brought into Singapore's market.

OMV, yes, does play a part because of the amount of bank loans an individual buyer can loan to buy the car.

Active safety features, yes, this one insurance company have to play a part. 

On 6/18/2021 at 1:42 PM, Fellows said:

Edited by Ahtea

On 6/21/2021 at 9:08 AM, Ahtea said:

COE probably limits the type of engine technology which can be brought into Singapore's market.

OMV, yes, does play a part because of the amount of bank loans an individual buyer can loan to buy the car.

Active safety features, yes, this one insurance company have to play a part. 

It's the tax system... which affects the OMV... and therefore the price...

↡ Advertisement