2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

So far I have seen a few GT-Line units and a few base LX units, haven't seen any EX models. LX still using same 15" rim design as pre-facelift, only way to tell a pre-facelift and facelift LX is the new Kia logo. 🤣

↡ Advertisement

On 10/2/2021 at 1:07 PM, Thecarboy302 said:

So far I have seen a few GT-Line units and a few base LX units, haven't seen any EX models. LX still using same 15" rim design as pre-facelift, only way to tell a pre-facelift and facelift LX is the new Kia logo. 🤣

the new or old logo better?

Hi all shifus

I currently own a Kia Cerato 2019 (BD Platform) and am looking to do my own major servicing outside (100k km) - 3 years old

I have no qualms about the usual engine oil and cabin filter change, but as for ATF:

1) How many litres of ATF fluid should I use? Is there any aftermarket ATF that is better than the factory one, or just use factory ATF will do?

2) Do I need to change any auxiliary parts such as the gasket and oil pan etc.?

Also, need to check for fan belt? Mine seems perfectly alright, but brakes a bit spongy. I've checked on the brakes it's still pretty thick and have not changed since day one

The latest Cerato fog lights have front/ rear switch?

Saw one in KPE tunnel with both switched on. The rear fog is damn irritating. Hope drivers can turn it off if not necessary (i.e. no heavy rain).

• Haha! 1

Like the Sonet, seems there is little to talk about on this facelifted model. I traded in my K3 (MY2017) for this facelifted Cerato recently. Been enjoying the much quieter drive and better equipment

11 hours ago, Algergohce said:

Like the Sonet, seems there is little to talk about on this facelifted model. I traded in my K3 (MY2017) for this facelifted Cerato recently. Been enjoying the much quieter drive and better equipment

haha ok ok la same same like the avante thread. that one every1 just asking to be added to telegram chat =D

New car normally nothing much to talk about, cause usually nothing will spoil... Unless you driving a clown car like the vios that has built in unrectifiable defects like the side air con no wind.

Edited by yellowshaun

On 2/3/2022 at 12:58 PM, Algergohce said:

seems like many are going for Avante instead.

7 hours ago, Thecarboy302 said:

seems like many are going for Avante instead.

Mainly because the Avante is built on a newer platform with a more updated power train.

I believe when the Cerato goes for a brand new model change, it will then be able match what the Avante is offering today. By then, the Avante would have "aged" in terms of look unless they go with a new design in their facelift (like the AD Elantra).

• Praise 1

On 2/4/2022 at 12:00 AM, yellowshaun said:

haha ok ok la same same like the avante thread. that one every1 just asking to be added to telegram chat =D

New car normally nothing much to talk about, cause usually nothing will spoil... Unless you driving a clown car like the vios that has built in unrectifiable defects like the side air con no wind.

Nowadays buy new car also need to add to telegram. 🤣🤣🤣 That about 70% of the AVANTE thread. 

• Haha! 1

(edited)
3 hours ago, Ahtea said:

Mainly because the Avante is built on a newer platform with a more updated power train.

I believe when the Cerato goes for a brand new model change, it will then be able match what the Avante is offering today. By then, the Avante would have "aged" in terms of look unless they go with a new design in their facelift (like the AD Elantra).

I find it odd that C&C decided to not launch the facelift Cerato with the new Smartstream & IVT combo like in the new Avante. Maybe the new Cerato is already in the horizon. 

Edited by Thecarboy302

On 2/5/2022 at 7:56 PM, Thecarboy302 said:

I find it odd that C&C decided to not launch the facelift Cerato with the new Smartstream & IVT combo like in the new Avante. Maybe the new Cerato is already in the horizon. 

I guess cost could be one important factor. 

It could also be for marketing reasons that they want to preserve the new power train for the "All New Cerato" which should be due in the next 1-2 years.

On 1/20/2022 at 7:30 PM, badlammy said:

The latest Cerato fog lights have front/ rear switch?

Saw one in KPE tunnel with both switched on. The rear fog is damn irritating. Hope drivers can turn it off if not necessary (i.e. no heavy rain).

That usually means u need to high beam him to get him to turn off 

works wonder if u have a 6000k after mkt lights for high beams 

Edited by Sdf4786k

23 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

That usually means u need to high beam him to get him to turn off 

works wonder if u have a 6000k after mkt lights for high beams 

Or I could have overtaken him and shine my rear fogs too.

• Haha! 1

@badlammy My experience with these idiots is that they are either blind or stupid. If i warn him/her using high beams from behind, they will become defensive and start playing braking game, hogging etc. If i over take them and use my rear fog lamps, they don't know what we mean.. Its the same as those who have their high beams on all the way..

Only way is to avoid them.. such is the frustration on our roads, IMHO..

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Neutral Newbie

Just collected the new Cerato, may I know if there are any recommended battery packs besides those in C&C? The bundled KIA dashcam can only record when engine is running.

↡ Advertisement