2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

Neutral Newbie

i will be getting a k3 as resale. Can someone let me know the updated invite link to the whatsapp group? The link below doesn’t work. Thanks!

On 7/2/2019 at 2:17 PM, Josaiah said:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/274515723165903/

Link to join the exclusive Cerato Club Singapore 2019 FB group and group chat!

https://chat.whatsapp.com/CYEfs7Bahc26R0rJtpeG7H

14 minutes ago, hsl118 said:

Anyone encountered ABS light on issue? 2019 ride

You meant ABS lit up for no reason? Maybe it's due to faulty ABS sensor. Make a trip to C&C since it's still under warranty. 

@Optramagnumthanks, yea just dropped off vehicle at C&C, waiting to hear from them about down time.

Hopefully reset does it, e brake and normal braking working fine.

2 hours ago, hsl118 said:

@Optramagnumthanks, yea just dropped off vehicle at C&C, waiting to hear from them about down time.

No problem at all. Look forward for your response on the diagnosis. Hope nothing major. 

Turned out to be a case of 'poor contact for rear LHS bearing sensors', SE couldn't explain in detail but assured replacement will be covered under manufacturer warranty.

Happy to get ride back by late afternoon 

1 hour ago, hsl118 said:

Turned out to be a case of 'poor contact for rear LHS bearing sensors', SE couldn't explain in detail but assured replacement will be covered under manufacturer warranty.

Happy to get ride back by late afternoon 

Glad to hear that it is resolved by warranty. Personally I would prefer have direct communication with the mechanic than a service agent. Because most of them don't have much knowledge on car repair so they can't explain the technicalities. 

8 hours ago, hsl118 said:

No problem at all. Look forward for your response on the diagnosis. Hope nothing major. 

On 1/18/2022 at 11:06 AM, IronIIoxide said:

Hi all shifus

I currently own a Kia Cerato 2019 (BD Platform) and am looking to do my own major servicing outside (100k km) - 3 years old

I have no qualms about the usual engine oil and cabin filter change, but as for ATF:

1) How many litres of ATF fluid should I use? Is there any aftermarket ATF that is better than the factory one, or just use factory ATF will do?

2) Do I need to change any auxiliary parts such as the gasket and oil pan etc.?

Also, need to check for fan belt? Mine seems perfectly alright, but brakes a bit spongy. I've checked on the brakes it's still pretty thick and have not changed since day one

The workshop should know what to do... just follow the schedule in your owner's manual... then the workshop can't change stuff you don't need to...

C&C bringing in Cerato with current Avante's Smartstream engine and IVT gearbox, in Band A2 too like Avante. Currently only seeing base LX and EX models, not seeing entry for GT-Line yet. 

image.thumb.png.4fa95c2a8b3499a10a9171ed19e52346.png

• Praise 3

On 7/30/2022 at 9:40 AM, Thecarboy302 said:

C&C bringing in Cerato with current Avante's Smartstream engine and IVT gearbox, in Band A2 too like Avante. Currently only seeing base LX and EX models, not seeing entry for GT-Line yet. 

Oh, so they decide to change the 1.6 NA gamma to smartstream engine suddenly for local market? Considered as midlife face-lift model? Not shown up on KIA SG website or SGcarmart spec update.

Meaning also from 6AT to CVT/IVT, is it due to high COE so bring in more efficient variant for A2 VES rebate of $15000. Not sure about KIA Connect Lite feature though.

Edited by Fellows

@Thecarboy302 oh

On 7/30/2022 at 9:40 AM, Thecarboy302 said:

Oh nice! Hopefully the A2 band will result in a pricing that undercuts the Avante!

LOL what weed am i smoking! Will C&C really sell cheaper? =D

2 minutes ago, yellowshaun said:

@Thecarboy302 oh

Oh nice! Hopefully the A2 band will result in a pricing that undercuts the Avante!

LOL what weed am i smoking! Will C&C really sell cheaper? =D

To be fair, the current facelift Cerato did sell at prices slightly cheaper than Avante despite VES B Neutral banding. They will probably just maintain current prices since base and EX models are unlikely able to utilise the full 15k rebate (OMV approx 12k & 17k). 

31 minutes ago, Thecarboy302 said:

To be fair, the current facelift Cerato did sell at prices slightly cheaper than Avante despite VES B Neutral banding. They will probably just maintain current prices since base and EX models are unlikely able to utilise the full 15k rebate (OMV approx 12k & 17k). 

The RTMT Avante usually priced below the equilvalent trim of Cerato when i checked tho! But by 3-5k only?

1 minute ago, yellowshaun said:

The RTMT Avante usually priced below the equilvalent trim of Cerato when i checked tho! But by 3-5k only?

I don't track RTMT prices, are they normally lower than Komoco listed prices? I refer to Komoco price list on SGcarmart as reference.