Thecarboy302

2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

still prefer the older K3 design

the interior reminds me of Mazda 3...

Everyone moving to do "stuck-on tablet" style for their infotainment screens. I personally find the design quite nice.
  • Praise 3

Spot the difference

post-27974-0-99929600-1516164518_thumb.jpg

post-27974-0-30485700-1516164562_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 1

err. not a fan of the looks. Face got uglier and the butt is ok (yeah almost direct copy of Audi)

Since the chassis and engine is more or less the same as an elantra, would opt for an elantra which looks much better.

the K3 and the sportage are just getting uglier. Whereas the sorento, K5 design works.

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement

Everyone moving to do "stuck-on tablet" style for their infotainment screens. I personally find the design quite nice.

agree, this is stuck on tablet is the trend. Looks nice. But the back side slope too much, tall ppl may hit their heads when getting in behind.

• Praise 2

The new forte design really has matured a lot moving with the design trend. I own the 2009 one and it has been awesome. 

Not really a fan of the light strip at the back of the car, it might grow on one.

• Praise 3

Spot the difference

attachicon.gifAudi A3.jpg

attachicon.gifKia.jpg

Kia's current design head is former Audi designer. Not by accident it looks like an Audi A3.  [laugh]

Edited by Thecarboy302

Ergonomics, the driver doesn't have to look down when looking at map while driving
  • Praise 2

Ergonomics, the driver doesn't have to look down when looking at map while driving

Yup to reduce driver distraction in a way. 

Feels like rio......more smallish car design(downgraded)

• Praise 4

still prefer the older K3 design

the interior reminds me of Mazda 3...

Not Mazda 3 lah.

Is more conti feeling. Most if the conti are like this.

I felt it look nice.

Now to see what powertrain option make it locally. Suspect the 1.6 MPi with 6-speed auto from current K3 will carry over but we never know. [thumbsup]

Now to see what powertrain option make it locally. Suspect the 1.6 MPi with 6-speed auto from current K3 will carry over but we never know. [thumbsup]

Maybe the 1.0 turbo...
  • Praise 2

Interior design definitely looks better than the Hyundai Elantra.

Interior design definitely looks better than the Hyundai Elantra.

Agreed. The k3 may borrow the platform from the elantra but design all around is much better for the k3.
  • Praise 3

Interesting new interpretation, but the designer needs to avoid borrowing too much.

- air vents from Corolla/ A3

- rump from A3

But the cockpit looks very conti. If they get the materials / price balance right it will sell well. Even now, with two airbags only, buyers are queuing up for the current version.

The cabin forward looks is nice. I don't like the current Civic/ Mazda 3 & 6 long bonnet design. 

But the car needs a proper power plant.. with a heavy body, it will continue to struggle and the FC won't be so good..

Otherwise I think it looks nice in red :)

Any idea when this will come to our shores?

No news but my guess will be between 6 months and a year for it to come. 

• Praise 1

quite attractive vs hyundai elantra

https://youtu.be/m7L9XRfGULo

and NO,, the yellow one is not a elantra

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

Nice video... very funny and tongue in cheek... ha ha... the rear of the new K3 has a big car look... reminds of the previous Subaru Legacy rear...

Nice video... very funny and tongue in cheek... ha ha... the rear of the new K3 has a big car look... reminds of the previous Subaru Legacy rear...

the interior looks a little like the stinger minus the silver chrome bits.

Lets hope this time round, KIA AD has the guts to plonk in the turbo and leave out the NA engines.

Edited by Sdf4786k

the interior looks a little like the stinger minus the silver chrome bits.

Lets hope this time round, KIA AD has the guts to plonk in the turbo and leave out the NA engines.

It all depends on the cost... and what kind of price point they can offer where buyers will bite...

The downside is the CVT transmission, which has historically been notorious for its string of issues and will be costly to replace.

You can't get a reconditioned CVT, unlike the 5 or 6 speed gearbox.  Only a brand new one at a 5 figure sum.

OK to get the new 2019 Kia Forte if you intend to drive for just a few years, but if you intend to drive till it's 10th year or near to scrap date, might want to think about it.

Edited by Vinceng
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1