2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

For Sylphy, its more comfort (soft suspension setup) based while K3 is sportier (stiffer).

For me personality, the Sylphy is quieter on the move but no driving feel. It's better for those whom just need a comfortable car from point A to B.

I'm currently driving a Forte, which is the older generation but similar kinda of setup, I find that it is fun to drive. Especially up KL, Genting or Cameroon Highlands, just that there is serious lack of power.

↡ Advertisement

For Sylphy, its more comfort (soft suspension setup) based while K3 is sportier (stiffer).

For me personality, the Sylphy is quieter on the move but no driving feel. It's better for those whom just need a comfortable car from point A to B.

I'm currently driving a Forte, which is the older generation but similar kinda of setup, I find that it is fun to drive. Especially up KL, Genting or Cameroon Highlands, just that there is serious lack of power.

Ya, you're right. Selphy is more comfort, while current k3 looks sportier.. power wise I. Dunno abt unker selphy but k3 is quite fast, esp w paddle shifter.. the incoming k3 side profile do look like selphy..lol...

Merged into existing topic under Korean Talk.

@Dinkydong, please check before you start a new thread. Thanks.

• Praise 4

Haa, i said how it drive like not looks like la.

He is implying it drives like how it looks.

I.e boring looks= boring drive.

• Praise 2

Must be their basic model. Here is called the L model

Yup , i think same spec'ed as current model.

"L" without rear A/C , EX & SX comes with.

Engine should be same type "gamma".

• Praise 2

(edited)

2019 kia cerato looks super nice.. can't wait for it to reach Singapore

IMG_20180412_171105.jpg

IMG_20180412_171939.jpg

IMG_20180412_171925.jpg

IMG_20180412_172120.jpg

IMG_20180412_172044.jpg

IMG_20180412_172011.jpg

IMG_20180412_172007.jpg

IMG_20180412_172102.jpg

No rear aircon and boot looks small.. Edited by Alleyboy_83
  • Praise 2

(edited)

Wonder which engine C&C will bring in. The new 1.6L SmartStream engine with IVT or the current 1.6L MPi with 6AT. Some markets are getting this new Cerato with the same old 1.6 MPi unit as the current Cerato.  [confused]

Also hoping C&C don't skimp on basic safety features on the lower trim models with at least ESC/VSM and 6 airbags standard across the range like the Elantra. 

Edited by Thecarboy302
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)

Wonder which engine C&C will bring in. The new 1.6L SmartStream engine with IVT or the current 1.6L MPi with 6AT. Some markets are getting this new Cerato with the same old 1.6 MPi unit as the current Cerato.  [confused]

Also hoping C&C don't skimp on basic safety features on the lower trim models with at least ESC/VSM and 6 airbags standard across the range like the Elantra. 

Disappointingly, the new 2019 K3’s engine & gearbox will be a carry over from the existing K3, to avoid incurring the $10K VES penalty.

The current engine is more than a decade old, first used in the 2014 Kia Cerato seen here -

It will not come with the more refined and fuel efficient SmartStream engine mated to a CVT gearbox.

Overall kerb weight is also heavier so pick up is expected to be sluggish, with a thirst no better than the average 9 to 11km/litre.

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Disappointingly, the new 2019 K3’s engine & gearbox will be a carry over from the existing K3, to avoid incurring the $10K VES penalty.

The current engine is more than a decade old, first used in the 2014 Kia Cerato seen here -

It will not come with the more refined and fuel efficient SmartStream engine mated to a CVT gearbox.

Overall kerb weight is also heavier so pick up is expected to be sluggish, with a thirst no better than the average 9 to 11km/litre.

Like this the new k3 engine even older than the current elantra?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1