2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

anyone owns or test drove the SX model?

i did, but totally forgot to assess the aircon and hi-fi.

are you happy with these two areas?

anyone owns or test drove the SX model?

i did, but totally forgot to assess the aircon and hi-fi.

are you happy with these two areas?

Air con is strong, including the rear air con. I put special attention on the rear air con because my 2014 k3 not as strong at the back. Wife always complain especially during hot days.

Hifi wise, I’m not a fussy listener, so cannot comment too much on it... decent enough

Edited by Hybridcar
  • Praise 2

Tested the highest end model today, find the led headlamp really nice and i find the drivetrain alot smoother than previous model which totally turned me off with its roughness.

Pickup is better due to its ratio but still can feel the engine struggle under its heavy body. Interior is nice with its ventilation chair which is really good and if one can stretch abit please go for the highest trim. The fuel consumption i afraid likely be higher than the previous model due to its willingness to go feel. I checked the test vehicle average fuel rate of 6.6km/l but that might be most tester rev the car to max.

• Praise 1

Got owner csn take photo of the engine bay

The engine is a carry over from the previous model. 

Exactly the same engine and gearbox, but detuned to give out slightly less horse power and torque.

post-27974-0-11346700-1534694052_thumb.jpg

Air con is strong, including the rear air con. I put special attention on the rear air con because my 2014 k3 not as strong at the back. Wife always complain especially during hot days.

Hifi wise, I’m not a fussy listener, so cannot comment too much on it... decent enough

I did not notice the aircon settings at all.

but I had 3 family members at the back and they did not say stuffy or what.

this car is improvement on the one i am driving - it has rear aircon.

on the front side I didn't feel hot and there was no loud fan noise ( i drove with almost zero radio volume )

but i think the front aircon vent looks old fashioned.

i prefer an integrated gps - but this using carplay, so have to plug phone which i don't like.

• Praise 1

The engine is a carry over from the previous model. 

Exactly the same engine and gearbox, but detuned to give out slightly less horse power and torque.

i don't know whether it is the same as the old one.

but looking at your pic, the engine mounting may have been improved.

the SE pointed to a engine mount bracket which i do not see in the pic above.

i don't know whether it is the same as the old one.

but looking at your pic, the engine mounting may have been improved.

the SE pointed to a engine mount bracket which i do not see in the pic above.

It is confirmed that the heart of the 2019 Cerato is a carry over engine from the previous 2014 Cerato Forte K3. This same engine has been used since the 2009 Forte model.

* Model names may be confusing for some - it is basically a mix and match of the words Cerato and Forte 

2019 CERATO ENGINE - only visible change  is the engine cover

post-27974-0-61129600-1534725734.jpg

2019 CERATO UNDERCARRIAGE - surprisingly bare bone, as in bare metal, even for the top of the range Cerato SX.

*Photo is of actual car at showroom

post-27974-0-79672800-1534725766_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 2

Vinceng, that's bad. Old stuff in new body. I got a quote yesterday. They give me much less for my trade in. End up the price difference to civic 1.6 is only $3831.00.

It is confirmed that the heart of the 2019 Cerato is a carry over engine from the previous 2014 Cerato Forte K3. This same engine has been used since the 2009 Forte model.

* Model names may be confusing for some - it is basically a mix and match of the words Cerato and Forte

2019 CERATO ENGINE - only visible change is the engine cover

Cerato engine.jpg

2019 CERATO UNDERCARRIAGE - surprisingly bare bone, as in bare metal, even for the top of the range Cerato SX.

*Photo is of actual car at showroom

rsz_cerato.jpg

Did you request Kia you want a new engine?

Did take a photo from other makers?

• Praise 1

Hifi wise, Iâm not a fussy listener, so cannot comment too much on it... decent enough

Women like cold air cond. I cannot tahan the coldest when they are happy with the setting.

on the front side I didn't feel hot and there was no loud fan noise ( i drove with almost zero radio volume )

i prefer an integrated gps - but this using carplay, so have to plug phone which i don't like.

Same-same on old air cond blower looks. But car review says kia did it on purpose to bring back the old sporty look
  • Praise 1

Women like cold air cond. I cannot tahan the coldest when they are happy with the setting.

Same-same on old air cond blower looks. But car review says kia did it on purpose to bring back the old sporty look

Haha so my perception of the rounded vents is agreeable.

Vinceng, that's bad. Old stuff in new body. I got a quote yesterday. They give me much less for my trade in. End up the price difference to civic 1.6 is only $3831.00.

Wow, $3.8k diff. I think you must have picked SX.

Go for what you like. Civic looks sporty.

Few days ago I tested drive Forrester 2 L after reading from here.

Not bad and same price range as civic.

As a semi retiree, Kia k3 still my choice for point A to point B, looks ok, hopefully low maintenance while can accept 10-11 km/l fuel consumption.

Wow, $3.8k diff. I think you must have picked SX.

Go for what you like. Civic looks sporty.

Few days ago I tested drive Forrester 2 L after reading from here.

Not bad and same price range as civic.

I losing interest in changing. The price difference of $3.8k is not attractive. I don't need 2L car. Road tax and running cost higher.

On old things on new body, I'm ok. I prefers bulbs then LEDs. Given the cost of replacement and the countless bright led lights coming from my rear mirror making driving at night irritating...

At Subaru toa payoh yesterday, saw a couple changing a Kia k3 (2nd Gen) to a Forrester. Can understand as Coe now cheaper. Just go for what you like and within your budget. Never goes wrong.

True enough on the gps.. I prefer integrated instead using CarPlay... not a big problem though.. Edited by Hybridcar

True enough on the gps.. I prefer integrated instead using CarPlay... not a big problem though..

Any idea what's the meaning of "BD" series in thread title.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1