2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

Sameeeee i still comtemplating

well really depends if you really need the extra features...

to be other than the 6 airbags i didn’t really need the rest

↡ Advertisement

Think every car has it's plus and minus. No perfect car while govt makes it so ex that every little thing counts. Tested Altis, civic, city, prius C, Forrester, XV, k3, Attridge, Senta, elantra, accent. Didn't test Angmo car, not a supporter to give govt free $.

Conclusion? All nice but k3 felt most happy with the interior..

It may differs in fuel consumption, handling, looks etc, etc but it comes down to whether you are happy with your choice.

I think we should move forward in knowing the k3 (2019) better and share experience and also on how to keep maintenance $ low, instead of comparing notes on which brand of car is better.

Sharing with K3 owners on how to maximize this new machine and enjoy the ride. Probably why there's a whatsapp chat group as they have move forward in discussing on k3 objectively.

• Praise 4

Wah bro

I think I rather have more safety features than this wireless charging..

Yes bro more safety features are welcome. At this price range that is about the features available. I also want a family car with collision warning, radar guided proximity detection, emergency brake etc. But these are cars at much higher price range already. :) Edited by Forte_Horizon_Blue

Yes bro more safety features are welcome. At this price range that is about the features available. I also want a family car with collision warning, radar detection, emergency break etc. But these are cars at higher price range already. :)

Yeah YMMV..

That's why the Corolla still sells.. Toyota may have figured that Singaporeans are pretty conservative, they like some stuff like airbags, but aren't prepared to go for all the active safety features, and prefer reliable to a long list of safety items... at least not at the budget segment..

I’m also one who don’t appreciate sunroof... kids gonna like it anyway... lol

Sunroof doesnt seem to favour in sg. Also i always have the fear that the sunroof might leak water after few years down the road. Although it is seems cool to have a sunroof.

Oops, does the K3 have boot light. Because when I viewed the car I couldn't see how big the boot was. SE folded down the rear seat to let in light.

No boot light. It's like a cavern haha cannot see to the back.

It is a norm not to have boot light in cars now? Does the cerato glove compartment have light? 

No boot light. It's like a cavern haha cannot see to the back.

Haha no boot light is something different. Have to put a flashlight, cry

well if you dont mind to pay a small sum, can always install led lights.. haha

Think every car has it's plus and minus. No perfect car while govt makes it so ex that every little thing counts. Tested Altis, civic, city, prius C, Forrester, XV, k3, Attridge, Senta, elantra, accent. Didn't test Angmo car, not a supporter to give govt free $.

Conclusion? All nice but k3 felt most happy with the interior..

It may differs in fuel consumption, handling, looks etc, etc but it comes down to whether you are happy with your choice.

I think we should move forward in knowing the k3 (2019) better and share experience and also on how to keep maintenance $ low, instead of comparing notes on which brand of car is better.

Sharing with K3 owners on how to maximize this new machine and enjoy the ride. Probably why there's a whatsapp chat group as they have move forward in discussing on k3 objectively.

true this.. there was also a few other cars i was considering.. 

end up i book the cerato because i feel most happy sitting in it. end of the day buy something you like and can afford 

yes, still waiting for a review from the 1st batch of owners. me still waiting for coe bidding, hope to secure it soon

yes, still waiting for a review from the 1st batch of owners. me still waiting for coe bidding, hope to secure it soon

which trim did you get

well if you dont mind to pay a small sum, can always install led lights.. haha

true this.. there was also a few other cars i was considering..

end up i book the cerato because i feel most happy sitting in it. end of the day buy something you like and can afford

I am getting quite serious on this car if the coe don't ascend and the price dips a bit more

Can help with aircon comments. During my drive I didn't notice much.

Is it capable of Comfort in both zones? My Altis aircon is good. Only that at standstill the fan something like boost speed and it's audible.

I am getting quite serious on this car if the coe don't ascend and the price dips a bit more

Can help with aircon comments. During my drive I didn't notice much.

Is it capable of Comfort in both zones? My Altis aircon is good. Only that at standstill the fan something like boost speed and it's audible.

the last time i went for test drive, i took my wife and 2 other friends with me

so with 3 at the back i did ask if the rear aircon was okay. pretty decent and they do feel it. i can't remember how high the fan was but it wasn't really audible during the test drive even at a standstill 

will wait for others to comment 

Edited by funkybanana
  • Praise 1

anyway, did anyone manage to get sunshade when booking with their SEs?

yesterday i asked my SE as I remember I read someone mentioned here their SE provided. my SE told me the sun shade is not out yet as it is a new car. however he did promise to give it to me if there is 

Sunroof doesnt seem to favour in sg. Also i always have the fear that the sunroof might leak water after few years down the road. Although it is seems cool to have a sunroof.

I was asking for advice from my colleague who purchase Touran earlier this year about the sunroof on his car before I make my SX purchase. Apparently, some Touran owner in his Whatsapp group complaining to VW about the leakage. Does not affected his Touran though..

That is when SE from KIA indicate that "with sunroof" (which he think I like it), then I replied "Har......???".. then his face change from excitement to worried... lol

If you are not matured to accept neutral remarks like this and is a pussy to award 5 dislikes under Anonymous, then you should not participate in a forum.

Let me rephrase -

Kia Cerato is the BEST in its class. There is no better option.

Happy now?

Relax bro... I give you 5 praise back... :). Because you said this "Kia Cerato is the BEST in its class"...

Edited by Hybridcar
  • Praise 1

i thought boot light is standard for all car just like cabin light ?

↡ Advertisement