2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

Up to individual buying decision. Got 'better off' meh?

The road tax for 2L higher right? Have to consider yearly insurance, petrol bills and maintenance cost too. No wonder you got 5 dislikes.

You gave him the dislike right?
↡ Advertisement

SE feedback no k3 bid last round due to no stock arrival.....don't know how true?

BS obviously... as I got my COE yesterday.

Edited by hooi15661

Yeah YMMV..

That's why the Corolla still sells.. Toyota may have figured that Singaporeans are pretty conservative, they like some stuff like airbags, but aren't prepared to go for all the active safety features, and prefer reliable to a long list of safety items... at least not at the budget segment..

I think basically Toyotas are bulletproof... and most drivers just want a conveyance to take them from A to B and everything else is unnecessary... and that's why Toyota sells around the world...

Leakage problem on Touran sunroof? This is what i worry when the car comes with sunroof, since the weather is so hot in sg.

My car is two years old... so far so good lor... not leaks at all from the sunroof... I open it occasionally to air the car when it's super hot...

Sunroof is a nice-to-have feature, but if you park your car in an open car park, then the rubber will deteriorate rapidly over time, leading to water leakage so that is something you need to consider.

The constant exposure to the elements, especially the sun, will also mean the sunroof motor may fail prematurely and this costs a hefty sum to replace. And this ironically, usually happens after the 5 years warranty ends.

Also depends on how the sunroof is designed... I notice for mine, the design is such that below the rubber seals, there is a drain all around the glass pane... so even if the rubber seals don't work well, the leakage will be caught by this drainage system... mine is an all-glass roof with panoramic type sunroof so maybe the design is different from a regular sunroof. But from what I remember from the Tucson thread, the sunroof design like different cos theirs weren't the panoramic type... not sure...

If you don't have it, you pine for it..

Once you get it... you figure out it's not all it's hyped to be..

Be careful what we wish for :)

Totally agree... just nice to have... but one benefit of having a fully glass roof is that don't need to wax the paint on the roof... that's one big discount... ha ha ha... cos on car's roof is pretty big lor...

You are right . That is another important point to note.

The heat from the sunroof also affects the cooling efficiency of the air con.

Mine is all glass roof bro... I don't feel the heat from the roof leh... I drive all the way to Cameron Highlands before... on the inside, the sunshade retracts all the way to have a full view of the sky... if the shade is retracted, you can feel the heat... but once the shade is in place, you don't feel it... the shade is just an insulated piece of fabric... seems pretty effective leh... so I won't say that with new materials technologies today, this is much of an issue lor...

Yours is this current model or the previous model from the order backlog?
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Kia selling in USA for many years,

good feedback from Kia long time users,

Kia made in Korea,

Kia 5 years & engine 10 years warranty,

So reliability should not be a concern...

One concern is after purchasing a 2-years or 40,000 km service package (>$1,000), they may perform preventive maintenance in this 2 years and charge customers on wear & tear parts that are not covered under warranty...

Preventive maintenance is subjective...

that's what Kah Motor did during my first year warranty with them after purchasing a 5 years old stream from them.

KIA sold in US is made in USA or Mexico. Very different workmanship compared to the one sold in SG.

Korean cars are very cheap in their home country. Down here it is so expensive people really think hard before choosing a particular model.

won't say BS la.... the have shipment by batches...

Same story from SE. Car not in yet. Anyway if nvr get cerato I'll look at others. Elantra 2019 anyone? Haha

2019 Elantra at first glance...

rear of car look good to me....

front wise, at first look....... hmmm........ err........ but after a while, actually look not too bad...

inside, nothing special for the ambience at first look...

probably with new engine when arrive in Singapore... guessing

won't say BS la.... the have shipment by batches...

haha ya sure, but 'no bid for last round' part is not true... unless the SE actually meant the bid that is for him/her, not overall.

haha ya sure, but 'no bid for last round' part is not true... unless the SE actually meant the bid that is for him/her, not overall.

haha... anyway "no bid for last round" he can check lta website to verify himself... if really no bid, mean save 1-bid lor.... anyway, depend on how he look at it la... not for me to judge :)

anyway, SE don't do the bidding... cheers

My SE nv even care to update me the outcome..

Personally I dun care if the coe is not secured. No point updating at all. Most imptly, secure the coe in due time.

I'm on non gtd Btw. 2 down,4 more to go.

Edited by Jimmery
  • Praise 1

Same-same, 2 down 4 go. Then walk over Komoco and start all over again...

CnC have few history of 6 bids expiring. They confirm will be a secured bid by the 6th one

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1