2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

That's a pricing strategy to push sales for the SX as profit margin is higher.

Price difference between L and EX is $7K, and you need to top up at least $1K for leather seats in the L variant , so total price diff is $8K.

Price difference between EX and SX is $6K - many will end up getting the SX.

"L": + $1k to get leather... since today?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Price now for EX? Anyone bought mind to share what can be nego and benefit from SE rather than kena Tok by them? What needs to be take care of, first time buyer here

• Praise 1

there were some scary comments on sunroof some posts back....that really put the brake on me for SX.

this afternoon, it was raining really heavily on the eastern side. as i drove through the rain, i realised that a sunroof is something like a windscreen. we have no worries at all that water will leak through the windscreens.

how come we don't have the same confidence in sunroofs.

i guess it is because sunroof can be opened and has moveable parts unlike a windscreen. but i doubt in this day and age it will be a major problem for car manufacturers. maybe the odd case here and there. but my guess is by and large it should be ok.

• Praise 2

My avante sunroof edge have minor cracks. Therefore i had to moisturise it everynow and then to prolong it.

Oops, so cars with sunroof needs regular oiling of the rubber seal to keep it supple. Extra slave duty.

Maybe sunroof have a rubble seal lining around it which might deteriorate due to weather?

Windscreen also has rubber seal, so it is not different.

i guess it is because sunroof can be opened and has moveable parts unlike a windscreen. but i doubt in this day and age it will be a major problem for car manufacturers. maybe the odd case here and there. but my guess is by and large it should be ok.

Yes, moveable open close is the big difference. Also mentioned by @kryxwee.

So no point opening it. It just let’s in noise and ‘polluted’ air. Best way to use this fancy feature is to slide back the shade and enjoy the stars, haha

Without sun roof, it's already noisy when it rains.

With only a small window to use this feature ie no rain night, hard to remember opening it.

Just like my roof dvd player. Came with used car bought from KM. Has not been using it for last few years.

Nevertheless, sun roof looks great on any car from the outside but not a useful feature.

Moreover when you drive, you look ahead. When you stop at junction, you look everywhere except the top.

So when then you enjoy the top?

Propably the pasdenger...but most of them look at hp more then anything else.

A easy decision for me not to have dvd player or sunroof esp if they are added cost to the metal box in 4 wheels.

But if you love such gadgets and makes you happy, you are the boss.

Have a friend who owned a picnic for 10 years then change to Benz E200 at high side of $200k all because just got his CPF $....

Purchase on impulse rather then with financial prudence..

there were some scary comments on sunroof some posts back....that really put the brake on me for SX.

this afternoon, it was raining really heavily on the eastern side. as i drove through the rain, i realised that a sunroof is something like a windscreen. we have no worries at all that water will leak through the windscreens.

how come we don't have the same confidence in sunroofs.

My Veloster had a sunroof and i park in unsheltered carpark most of the time. In the 5 years that i owned it, I never had a problem be it leaking or mechanism. Before that i had the "original" Kia Koup for 2 years, also no problem.

For Veloster the sunroof was quite big so although i didn't use it much but it was a bit of a wow factor for people sitting my car for the first time. 

• Praise 4

hi, newbie here, i think the tropic might be discussed before, but may i ask again [:p]

im looking for a new car recently due to low coe and only choose among cerato and elantra due budget constraint and space 

but im cant decided which should i go for, and i have few question that even the SE cant give me answer.

1. Engine - cerato SE told me is same as elantra engine, elantra SE told me cerato still use old k3 engine, and elantra engine is newer version to have better FC. emm..which one is true

2. Space - some said same , but some said new cerato have better leg room, wider 

3. rear suspension system - elantra SE said is dual torsion beam , so rear passenger is more comfortable than cerato

personally, i like interior of cerato especially the infotaiment lcd , elantra abit old design compare to cerato. but price wise, cerato EX = elantra Elite , it may be due to elantra 2019 is coming soon.

im actually quite concern on space and FC because my current car is swift which can get about 13.5km/l if i drive in "uncle way", i wish to upgrade to get a bigger car yet can get better FC .

hi, newbie here, i think the tropic might be discussed before, but may i ask again [:p]

im looking for a new car recently due to low coe and only choose among cerato and elantra due budget constraint and space 

but im cant decided which should i go for, and i have few question that even the SE cant give me answer.

1. Engine - cerato SE told me is same as elantra engine, elantra SE told me cerato still use old k3 engine, and elantra engine is newer version to have better FC. emm..which one is true

2. Space - some said same , but some said new cerato have better leg room, wider 

3. rear suspension system - elantra SE said is dual torsion beam , so rear passenger is more comfortable than cerato

personally, i like interior of cerato especially the infotaiment lcd , elantra abit old design compare to cerato. but price wise, cerato EX = elantra Elite , it may be due to elantra 2019 is coming soon.

im actually quite concern on space and FC because my current car is swift which can get about 13.5km/l if i drive in "uncle way", i wish to upgrade to get a bigger car yet can get better FC .

Elantra is advertising their current model will come with Smart Stream tech for their engine, which Cerato does not have.

Honestly, if you want a bigger car with better FC, should look at turbo cars. Maybe Seat Arona.

Engine almost same. Suspension same. Cerato longer a bit.

I go for the look of cerato

Good fc prob only attrage bah.

Korean drinks though. Though 11 to 12km/ltr is the norm. Acheivable one.

No wor.....attrage must get used to it then can get good fc,

If drive like normal 1.6 also 400 plus 1 tank

Elantra is advertising their current model will come with Smart Stream tech for their engine, which Cerato does not have.

Honestly, if you want a bigger car with better FC, should look at turbo cars. Maybe Seat Arona.

Thanks for the recommendation , but Arona is another 10k up, cant really afford it.

yaloh, the look , especially interior, definitely winner

em, if 12km/l is norm, then maybe not that bad. if control right foot, maybe can achieve 14km/L?

Specs wise, ex is actually pretty close to elite, cruise control, drive mode selector, 16 inch rims. Only thing no electric seat (elite no memory seat, SX got ) and climate control air con.

SX comes with all the Linglongs ....sunroof, wireless charger blah blah blah

Both cars are quite similar, to an extent even if you chose either, you will be happy with it.

So it boils down to 1 thing that separates both for me, the exterior & interior design language used by both Hyundai and KIA. In this case, the newer Cerato edges ahead for me.

↡ Advertisement