2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

Yes. Also my concern.

But I think can easily use $388 value instead of $1800 value.

Hmmm.... I find it amazing that no one seems to know that 6 airbags can only be had in the SX trim level only.

EX and Grab car L model still uses 2!... Come on, dual front in 2018?

Only in SG where safety features are often deleted to keep the OMV low and the dealers profit high. We have the most expensive cars to own in the world yet our spec sheets can sometimes be worse than what u find in 3rd world countries.

And becos of the 6 airbags, ESC and LED headlights and full dual zone climate control and front vented seats, going for the SX is a no brainier. These items are essential and cannot be retrofitted by owner after delivery

Everytime compare, bring anger & tears. Same price, can buy 4 Kia in USA.

Live longer not to think about it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Changing brake pad every 1-2 years is really v early. How much mileage you clock during that time to have to change brake pads so quickly?

My previous car had 70,000km on it and SA said still donât need to change.. maybe itâs because my routes 80% highway.

Doing sales previously and almost hit 260k km when scrapping the car. Lol. Just to edit my post, the package is 388. I also think is worth. :)

Hmmm.... I find it amazing that no one seems to know that 6 airbags can only be had in the SX trim level only.

EX and Grab car L model still uses 2!... Come on, dual front in 2018?

Only in SG where safety features are often deleted to keep the OMV low and the dealers profit high. We have the most expensive cars to own in the world yet our spec sheets can sometimes be worse than what u find in 3rd world countries.

And becos of the 6 airbags, ESC and LED headlights and full dual zone climate control and front vented seats, going for the SX is a no brainier. These items are essential and cannot be retrofitted by owner after delivery

Yup. Because of the way they tailor make the 3 trims, it makes the SX a sensible and right option to go for, doesn't mean it's worth it though for some people. 

Basket Toyota brake pads very weak. Happen to have a record on my desk. Front brake pad changed at 46kkm.

I clocked 70,000km in 2.5 yrs in my Audi from day 1, SA still say alot left, can last till 90-100K  [laugh]

I think it depends on driving habits and routes taken (city vs highway)

I have been looking at the body of the new Cerato in the brochure. Is it great looking. Will its appeal be lasting.

Does the interior of this model win by alot over the previous model? If not I would prefer a car with an updated engine.

The new Cerato is treating the car like art by placing the rear signal on the bumper.

I have been looking at the body of the new Cerato in the brochure. Is it great looking. Will its appeal be lasting.

Does the interior of this model win by alot over the previous model? If not I would prefer a car with an updated engine.

The new Cerato is treating the car like art by placing the rear signal on the bumper.

The inside is pretty good, one of the best in the segment I feel. Coming from a guy who buy new car with one of the main priority is interior layout, design, materials and creature comforts.. after all interior is where we spend most of the time one.

I find the steering wheel oddly designed though. Then again, one man's meat is another poison.

The inside is pretty good, one of the best in the segment I feel. Coming from a guy who buy new car with one of the main priority is interior layout, design, materials and creature comforts.. after all interior is where we spend most of the time one.

I find the steering wheel oddly designed though. Then again, one man's meat is another poison.

What's odd about the steering wheel. I did not use any of the switches during the test drive. Only felt it was skinny.

But then I am driving one with a add on steering cover.

What's odd about the steering wheel. I did not use any of the switches during the test drive. Only felt it was skinny.

But then I am driving one with a add on steering cover.

The oversized U-shaped plastic finished in light grey/silver.. not v nice in my opinion. But maybe I'm just nitpicking  [:p]

The oversized U-shaped plastic finished in light grey/silver.. not v nice in my opinion. But maybe I'm just nitpicking [:p]

Oh yah v good observation. I looked at the brochure again. I will be frank, if someone say it looks like a urinal I would nod! haha
  • Praise 1

I think signal lights also on front bumper.

New model car looks exciting,

6 months later, just another car on the road..

Anyone tried sin ming CnC svc centre yet?

Better and same as Alexandra?

Or better to go back to Alexandra...

Kah Motor svc centre at Thomson is small, not as well equip as Alexandra, thus major svc better to return to KM HQ.

My previous SE of my current K3 advice me to go to Alexandra svc centre...

Can anyone share what is the features new cerato has but Elantra 2018 don't have? Cos still in the midst of making decision between these 2

Not possible to say yet as the new one may have lots of things "missing" from the American launch, just like Cerato Sg version has things missing from Aus/US models.

Can anyone share what is the features new cerato has but Elantra 2018 don't have? Cos still in the midst of making decision between these 2

More stylo

More soft touch plastics

Newer slower engine

New safety standards - two airbags is enough

:)

• Praise 2

I think signal lights also on front bumper.

New model car looks exciting,

6 months later, just another car on the road..

will be still new to some. My colleague went down to book EX.... delivery Jan 2019..

1 things that I wish for is that sports rim on 17-inch..

would have been nicer if it is single tone sports rim...

post-108241-0-04611400-1535518981_thumb.jpg

US version (I suppose)

post-108241-0-72202900-1535518980.jpg

SG version

Edited by Hybridcar
  • Praise 1

Didn't go so far.

Wife fail Altis gear-shift design.

My Honda stream is straight up & down.

She ok elantra gear shift but fail interior material. She says disappointing.

She like k3 SX instead of L.

My point? Can list down all the technical or features differences, a woman sees things differently.

Shiok or no shiok.

Same apply to teenagers opinion on car.

Since all use car & wife needs to drive sometimes. No choice.

If it is going to be a family decision, best you decide what you want and bring them there. Try not to let them see too many other brand of cars.

That's why I said when k Kia put all 3 cars together at level 2 in Alexandra before launch, "L" looks empty without cool features.

Who want to choose "L" if arrange like that...

↡ Advertisement