2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

Website is Kiabeyond, they have a cerato L display unit going for 68k.

Decided not to go for the display unit after chatting with the SE. The cost is not exactly that much cheaper since its 73999 with 6 bid non guaranteed even though the car is already ex stock. Even if interior scratched, gotta suck it up as they wont touch up, max they will do it's a polish. It makes no sense that even with a display unit, ready stock and the lead time for delivery is up to March. The car will be on display for another 3 months and by then the car interior will probably be wrecked.

Best deal I got was 40k loan for 6 years and have to take their in house insurance for 2 years. Everything adds up quite substantial with the interest as well. The reason I didnt get the car was the lack of electronic stability, hill start assist and only 2 airbags up to ex model. Almost all cars out there now are minimum 6 airbags and the features are given by default. However if you can see beyond all this and just look at price, it's a nice car with a beautiful interior. Drive is definitely an improvement over K3 as well. Dont just look at your monthly repayments cause of the longer loan but also the overall cost at the end of the day. Not here to shoot down the car as its wonderful designed and crafted for the pricing, but look deep into the T&C as well which adds up to quite a sum.

However, I just wanna say that the SE recommended by a chap here was really good and friendly. If you are sincere, go look for him and he will give you the best deals he can. Somethings are just beyond his control and he did his best but I cant look beyond the lack of safety features.

Which means you should get the new Avante... it has all of the above without all the financial restrictions...
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Good to know that you are changing out the stock speakers!

I am simply changing out the stock speakers for HERTZ entry level speakers K165 component and X165 coaxial as I mostly listen to radio only on this car. I spend more time on my other car. Even doing this at just a low few hundreds make a BIG difference, though not phenomenal.

But key is doing soundproofing too, else any investment in audio system will be significantly negated by the noisy car. That's why I actually spent more on soundproofing (soundproofing whole car less roof) than on the audio system at this point. Upgrading ICE will depends on future plans in using this car.

But just to share my ICE upgrade on my family conti car. Went with the following configuration with considerations to my budget! Again a substantial part of cost went into the soundproofing.

1) Rainbow SLC6.2 Component Speakers (Front and Rear)

2) Esatto Comado CO-D6 DSP (with built in Amp)

3) Esatto Underseat Active Subwoofer AS69

4) 3 layers Soundguard soundproofing (all 4 doors)

5) Door seals (all 4 doors + Boot door)

6) Initial Tuning + Follow up tuning (~1 month later after speakers run in period) **FOC.

Had it installed only yesterday, tested it and giving it a THUMBS UP. Very happy with it.

If budget allows, will go for 3-way speakers and soundproofing the firewall and wheel arc. Soundproofing Floorpan is not necessarily for this car as it is already well insulated.

Agreed. I personally would not go for it beyond 90K. There will be many other options at that price level.

Hi Bro,

Do you mind to share where did you done the upgrade? and what is the damage? Thanks. 

• Praise 1

Hi Bro,

Do you mind to share where did you done the upgrade? and what is the damage? Thanks.

I did up quite a few things (replace speakers, soundproofing, install rear camera, change headlights and fog lights to white LED, installation of boot lid and rear spoiler, replace car horn) and nego as a package price so I can't be sure what's the cost breakdown. Perhaps better for me to provide a cost range and what to look out for?

For the speakers, I replace them with HERTZ entry level speakers K165 component (front) and X165 coaxial (rear), but there are many brands of speakers to choose from, so better to listen for yourself which suits you best. $300 to $800 incl of installation, depending on brand and model. Entry level speakers are good for radios and mp3 music.

Also did soundproofing, took the whole car Soundguard Gold package (double layer) at $2.4K, platinum range is $2.2K. Both price quoted before discount. Cost will vary depending on range of soundproofing brand and matl, areas to soundproof and whether single or double layer. Can be as low as $800 to as high as $2.8K for whole car.

I played safe and did it at AutoImage Enterprise which many bros in MCF patronised. Prices are competitive and services are good IMO and according to MCF reviews.

Next, I'm considering installing the Esatto DSP + Amp and subwoofer. Had these installed in my other car and it brings the audio system to another level, good enough to enjoy cinematic and live concert experience in the car!

Edited by GS418
  • Praise 1

Hi Bro,

You can check out these links for the speakers price references.

Hertz K165 - https://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?app=sgcarstore&req=listprod&si=K165&cat2=&car_Make=&car_Model=&model=

Hertz X165 - https://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?app=sgcarstore&req=listprod&si=X165&cat2=&car_Make=&car_Model=&model=

And you will understand why I say AutoImage prices are competitive. Anyway, more important than price are skills and service. So do check out the various vendors and evaluate them!

Website is Kiabeyond, they have a cerato L display unit going for 68k.

Decided not to go for the display unit after chatting with the SE. The cost is not exactly that much cheaper since its 73999 with 6 bid non guaranteed even though the car is already ex stock. Even if interior scratched, gotta suck it up as they wont touch up, max they will do it's a polish. It makes no sense that even with a display unit, ready stock and the lead time for delivery is up to March. The car will be on display for another 3 months and by then the car interior will probably be wrecked.

Best deal I got was 40k loan for 6 years and have to take their in house insurance for 2 years. Everything adds up quite substantial with the interest as well. The reason I didnt get the car was the lack of electronic stability, hill start assist and only 2 airbags up to ex model. Almost all cars out there now are minimum 6 airbags and the features are given by default. However if you can see beyond all this and just look at price, it's a nice car with a beautiful interior. Drive is definitely an improvement over K3 as well. Dont just look at your monthly repayments cause of the longer loan but also the overall cost at the end of the day. Not here to shoot down the car as its wonderful designed and crafted for the pricing, but look deep into the T&C as well which adds up to quite a sum.

However, I just wanna say that the SE recommended by a chap here was really good and friendly. If you are sincere, go look for him and he will give you the best deals he can. Somethings are just beyond his control and he did his best but I cant look beyond the lack of safety features.

Hi, I’m looking at Kia seriously as one of my choice.

Mind a recommendation of a the SE. First time buyer here. Thanks!

Just walk away and ask another SE. Simple as that.

wished it was that simple. i've went there and met 3 different SEs and all 3 gave me the 'you want to buy then buy' attitude.

end up i booked the car at a roadshow from a SE from Ubi who gave me much better service 

wished it was that simple. i've went there and met 3 different SEs and all 3 gave me the 'you want to buy then buy' attitude.

end up i booked the car at a roadshow from a SE from Ubi who gave me much better service 

That's disturbing to note.

Even if they encounter many who just browse, they should not forget that collectively they are the brand ambassadors and they have many competitors.

If the car sells by itself, then what value can they give to walk-in visitors/customers except to accompany the visitors?

That's disturbing to note.

Even if they encounter many who just browse, they should not forget that collectively they are the brand ambassadors and they have many competitors.

If the car sells by itself, then what value can they give to walk-in visitors/customers except to accompany the visitors?

apparently it seems they think it does sell by itself.

i think they no lack of sales due to their location and have a lot of walk-ins. 

the SE at ubi seems to be more 'hungry' as it can still be quiet there even during the weekends. but of course it can work either way because the more 'hungry' they are there also might be chances of over promise from the SE. end of the day it is still really up to the consumer's expectation and choice. for me i will go for SE who is sincere with the right attitude 

apparently it seems they think it does sell by itself.

i think they no lack of sales due to their location and have a lot of walk-ins. 

the SE at ubi seems to be more 'hungry' as it can still be quiet there even during the weekends. but of course it can work either way because the more 'hungry' they are there also might be chances of over promise from the SE. end of the day it is still really up to the consumer's expectation and choice. for me i will go for SE who is sincere with the right attitude 

Yup. The SE at Ubi were much friendlier and were able to go the extra mile for u. 

I was served by Felicia when I got my Carens from her. One of the very last unit of Carens... Carens has gone EOL. Excellent svcs from her and she was able to accommodate my accessories requirements to the best she could.   

Felicia said Sportage will be back to take up the void left by Carens.  

And she also claim C n C will bring in the 201hp Cerato GT/ 7DCT by middle of 2019! Do you want to believe? Her prediction for the Sportage return was spot on. 

Yup. The SE at Ubi were much friendlier and were able to go the extra mile for u.

I was served by Felicia when I got my Carens from her. One of the very last unit of Carens... Carens has gone EOL. Excellent svcs from her and she was able to accommodate my accessories requirements to the best she could.

Felicia said Sportage will be back to take up the void left by Carens.

And she also claim C n C will bring in the 201hp Cerato GT/ 7DCT by middle of 2019! Do you want to believe? Her prediction for the Sportage return was spot on.

At least you repeated 3 times and got the deal at ubi. Some people 2nd time still like that, turn to other brand ...lol

Neutral Newbie

I did up quite a few things (replace speakers, soundproofing, install rear camera, change headlights and fog lights to white LED, installation of boot lid and rear spoiler, replace car horn) and nego as a package price so I can't be sure what's the cost breakdown. Perhaps better for me to provide a cost range and what to look out for?

For the speakers, I replace them with HERTZ entry level speakers K165 component (front) and X165 coaxial (rear), but there are many brands of speakers to choose from, so better to listen for yourself which suits you best. $300 to $800 incl of installation, depending on brand and model. Entry level speakers are good for radios and mp3 music.

Also did soundproofing, took the whole car Soundguard Gold package (double layer) at $2.4K, platinum range is $2.2K. Both price quoted before discount. Cost will vary depending on range of soundproofing brand and matl, areas to soundproof and whether single or double layer. Can be as low as $800 to as high as $2.8K for whole car.

I played safe and did it at AutoImage Enterprise which many bros in MCF patronised. Prices are competitive and services are good IMO and according to MCF reviews.

Next, I'm considering installing the Esatto DSP + Amp and subwoofer. Had these installed in my other car and it brings the audio system to another level, good enough to enjoy cinematic and live concert experience in the car!

Hi Bro, thank you for the detail explanation. Appreciated. 

At least you repeated 3 times and got the deal at ubi. Some people 2nd time still like that, turn to other brand ...lol

Seems like it's a workplace culture issue to me. And probably C&C closing two eyes because orders are still keep coming in.

Hi Bro, thank you for the detail explanation. Appreciated.

Most welcomed bro. Touch up a little and this car will be a good ride. I particularly like the 'thud' sound when I close the doors now rather than the 'bang'.

I am quite surprised that the SEs from Leng Kee are so bad. I guess I was just fortunate to get a good SE

I bought the L model for 69,999 after 2K rebate this month.

Things included:

- 6 month road tax

- Rikecool solar film

Blackvue Camera

- Motrex head unit

Leather seat

- Car mat

- $2000 service credit

SE was very sincere guy from Leng Kee showroom.For those planning to go Leng Kee PM me if you want the SE info so that you don't face similar problems like others.

My LK SE from what i see is quitenew. Because he is new, he is willing to go the extra miles. So far all freebies he promise all fulfilled. Pm me if needed

I am quite surprised that the SEs from Leng Kee are so bad. I guess I was just fortunate to get a good SE

I bought the L model for 69,999 after 2K rebate this month.

Things included:

- 6 month road tax

- Rikecool solar film

Blackvue Camera

- Motrex head unit

Leather seat

- Car mat

- $2000 service credit

SE was very sincere guy from Leng Kee showroom.For those planning to go Leng Kee PM me if you want the SE info so that you don't face similar problems like others.

During pre-launch In Aug, COE was $32,000 and L came with all the above except Blackvue Camera & Motrex HU. It was given F50 thinkware single channel.

L was $71,999 then.

With current COE at $25,000, I feel CnC should gives more. Like multi-function steering wheel, 16" or 17" wheels.

Edited by Kenopt2

There's no charity here... you will be surprised... sometimes budget cars give more profit than those so called premium marques.. you sell a lot more of them too.