2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

I've bought SX in mid september, suppose to collect my new car in end december and was told there's shipment issues till January. Anyone facing same issues?

↡ Advertisement

I've bought SX in mid september, suppose to collect my new car in end december and was told there's shipment issues till January. Anyone facing same issues?

Did u manage to secure COE?
  • Praise 1

Those who has got your car, check MyCnC app -> My sevice. They are giving free PPS and wheel coating.

Yes, I have. Wonder how they do it? Wash then apply? Or need to polish first?

Called cust svc, they say must put car there for whole day.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Yeah, me too. Bought end Sept, coe secured mid Oct. Estimated collection Dec/Jan. Last check with SE, now delayed to end Feb or March. Sianz
  • Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Yeah, me too. Bought end Sept, coe secured mid Oct. Estimated collection Dec/Jan. Last check with SE, now delayed to end Feb or March. Sianz

Edited by Jody
  • Praise 2

Yeah, me too. Bought end Sept, coe secured mid Oct. Estimated collection Dec/Jan. Last check with SE, now delayed to end Feb or March. Sianz ð. What color u bought? Mine gravity blue

Yeah, same Color same SX model. COE secured. Delayed till end January. Haiz.
  • Praise 1

Yeah, same Color same SX model. COE secured. Delayed till end January. Haiz.

did u guys go for gtd coe or 6non-gtd coe bid?

i heard the gravity blue color cerato got some problem in factory causing delay...

if order nw, delivery is july19.... [dead]

• Praise 2

Yup. The SE at Ubi were much friendlier and were able to go the extra mile for u.

I was served by Felicia when I got my Carens from her. One of the very last unit of Carens... Carens has gone EOL. Excellent svcs from her and she was able to accommodate my accessories requirements to the best she could.

Felicia said Sportage will be back to take up the void left by Carens.

And she also claim C n C will bring in the 201hp Cerato GT/ 7DCT by middle of 2019! Do you want to believe? Her prediction for the Sportage return was spot on.

Sportage is SUV right? Carens is Mid MPV so can’t really say it replaces?

• Praise 2

Sportage is SUV right? Carens is Mid MPV so canât really say it replaces?

Well if you haven't noticed, conventional mpv are deemed uncool worldwide. Sedans are even more uncool. Hence u see Ford and GM dropping many of their sedans from their lineup even though their cars are really well made and designed.

SUVs is the rage now worldwide.... At least until the next fuel crisis...

• Praise 1

i heard the gravity blue color cerato got some problem in factory causing delay...

Mine GTD COE. Confirmed COE end September. $28k
  • Praise 1

Well if you haven't noticed, conventional mpv are deemed uncool worldwide. Sedans are even more uncool. Hence u see Ford and GM dropping many of their sedans from their lineup even though their cars are really well made and designed.

SUVs is the rage now worldwide.... At least until the next fuel crisis...

Yes agree SUVs are the rage now but Sportage is not a 7 seater.

Sorento is full size so there is a gap for a mid sized 7 seater which Carens filled till its demise.

Even CRV came up with a 7 seater which sort of fills the mid range with Odyssey being full sized. Kia shld do the same in my opinion. Apologies for the OT.

• Praise 3

Yes agree SUVs are the rage now but Sportage is not a 7 seater.

Sorento is full size so there is a gap for a mid sized 7 seater which Carens filled till its demise.

Even CRV came up with a 7 seater which sort of fills the mid range with Odyssey being full sized. Kia shld do the same in my opinion. Apologies for the OT.

Well none of the world auto manufacturers would design cars to suit our nonsense market.

Sorento maybe alot bigger..but and o issues elsewhere in this world since who doesn't like bigger cars right?

• Praise 1

Order on Dec for Sx..... delivery about March..... gcoe... 1 time got it. Edited by RickWong
  • Praise 1

Well none of the world auto manufacturers would design cars to suit our nonsense market.

Sorento maybe alot bigger..but and o issues elsewhere in this world since who doesn't like bigger cars right? ð

Fyi Kia didnt have a replacement roadmap for the Carens. Looks like its really dead.

Fyi Kia do have a full American sized mpv called Sedona/ carnival. Pls go to any kia dealership in Bolehland to see it

The current Carnival is a really beautiful car... very big and spacious with lots of gadgets and toys... should sell well in Singapore to compete with the Odyssey and Alphard etc...
  • Praise 1

Order on Dec for Sx..... delivery about March..... gcoe... 1 time got it.

Yea, no update from my SE. I’ve to call to check wat happen to my new car, then I release it will be delayed till January.

Agreement stated collection end December.

• Praise 1

For those that have tested both Hyundai and Cerato, how do you feel about the road noise?

Tested both the Avante Elite and Cerato SX, felt that the Cerato had more road noise. To be objective, I was flooring the Cerato SX harder (as there was clear traffic). I could also feel a slight vibration on the steering wheel when idle, despite the SX clocking only 7k mileage.

Know there were some earlier comments about additional soundproofing and changing the stock tyres for the SX. But seems that the Avante had a better stock driving experience.

Appreciate your comments!

• Praise 1

For those that have tested both Hyundai and Cerato, how do you feel about the road noise?

Tested both the Avante Elite and Cerato SX, felt that the Cerato had more road noise. To be objective, I was flooring the Cerato SX harder (as there was clear traffic). I could also feel a slight vibration on the steering wheel when idle, despite the SX clocking only 7k mileage.

Know there were some earlier comments about additional soundproofing and changing the stock tyres for the SX. But seems that the Avante had a better stock driving experience.

Appreciate your comments!

KMC done a great job by applying tuff kote and sound clad.

if stock from factory it may have same road noise as cerato.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2