2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

KMC done a great job by applying tuff kote and sound clad.

if stock from factory it may have same road noise as cerato.

Ya!

I also have the same feeling during testing elantra and k3 last time.

Feel that elantra is more quiet.This shows the sound clad and tuff kote did works to certain percentage in cutting the road noise.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

For those that have tested both Hyundai and Cerato, how do you feel about the road noise?

Tested both the Avante Elite and Cerato SX, felt that the Cerato had more road noise. To be objective, I was flooring the Cerato SX harder (as there was clear traffic). I could also feel a slight vibration on the steering wheel when idle, despite the SX clocking only 7k mileage.

Know there were some earlier comments about additional soundproofing and changing the stock tyres for the SX. But seems that the Avante had a better stock driving experience.

Appreciate your comments!

I did share previously in earlier posts.

2018 Cerato certainly has lesser sound insulation (more road noise and wind noise) than its predecessors and other Asian makes.

I have opened up the floor pan (during my sound proofing, and was dismayed at the almost non-existent sound insulation materials used. The noise supposedly resonated through the big doors panels and became louder (Cerato has big door panels and small windows).

Of course, the stock tyres provided are noisy too!

Just spend a few K to make our Cerato a more enjoyable ride. Small investment compared to buying price and have a more enjoyable ride. Definitely more worth it than Avante, cost wise and also more comfortable than stock avante.

1) Change the stock tyres! (Can even trade in with some tyre dealers within the first week)

2) Do soundproofing (My recommendation is go for

Soundguard or Dynamat. There are many choices on the market, some cost very little.....But in general, u get what u pay....)

3) Complete the improvement with an upgrade to the stock audio system. If you do not wish to replace the stock HU, you are probably only looking at Esatto DSP or Rainbow DSP - both match well with stock HUs. Without a doubt, replace the speakers too. Any entry level aftermarket speakers will fare better.

Hope this helps!

Edited by GS418
  • Praise 1

Ya!

I also have the same feeling during testing elantra and k3 last time.

Feel that elantra is more quiet.This shows the sound clad and tuff kote did works to certain percentage in cutting the road noise.

Rem to go back Tuff Coat for 'maintenance' annually, it cost lesser than initial coating. The stuff would have mostly worn off after 12mths. **Not my opinion. It's advice from Tuff Coat and fellow users.

Considering the soundproofing performance is less than soundproofing liners/foams and that the cost is higher over the 10yrs life cycle, it made more sense to go for soundproofing liners/foams? Disadvantage of Soundproofing liners/foams is higher initial cost outlay esp when using quality ones. This is my humble opinion! :-)

Yea, no update from my SE. Iâve to call to check wat happen to my new car, then I release it will be delayed till January.

Agreement stated collection end December. ð¡

Can't remember...Any recourse for us if AD late delivery?

Rem to go back Tuff Coat for 'maintenance' annually, it cost lesser than initial coating. The stuff would have mostly worn off after 12mths. **Not my opinion. It's advice from Tuff Coat and fellow users.

Considering the soundproofing performance is less than soundproofing liners/foams and that the cost is higher over the 10yrs life cycle, it made more sense to go for soundproofing liners/foams? Disadvantage of Soundproofing liners/foams is higher initial cost outlay esp when using quality ones. This is my humble opinion! :-)

Can't remember...Any recourse for us if AD late delivery?

Agree.

Every year need to spend $95 for re-inpection of tuff kote/sound clad works out $855 for the rest of 9yrs since avante is given free for the first year.

If me, I think I will use the $855 to spend on sound proofing sheet/foam.

by the way L and EX trims dont have electronic stability and the SE told me that if you try to corner at high speeds around >70kmh, be careful . 

"According to the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety in 2004 and 2006 respectively, one-third of fatal accidents could be prevented by the use of the technology.[4][5]ESC has been mandatory in new cars in the U.S and the European Union since 2012 and 2014, respectively."

not too sure if that is true but that was enough to turn me away from the car when they compromise on basic safety just to sell the b&b car at a cheap lobang price. 

Edited by walkofwinners
  • Praise 2

Wow cheaper than a 16â cerato rims from some seller saw on the Carousell... whr do u find this lobang? Do u trade in ur existing rim for this price?

It was by luck.

I was patching tire at my regular workshop. The boss knows me for a long time. Friend friend kind.

So this cerato came in and wanted to trade in for new rims. The boss low ball him and I counter offer. Something like that.

This is only possible as the boss and me on friendly terms.

by the way L and EX trims dont have electronic stability and the SE told me that if you try to corner at high speeds around >70kmh, be careful .

"According to the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety in 2004 and 2006 respectively, one-third of fatal accidents could be prevented by the use of the technology.[4][5]ESC has been mandatory in new cars in the U.S and the European Union since 2012 and 2014, respectively."

not too sure if that is true but that was enough to turn me away from the car when they compromise on basic safety just to sell the b&b car at a cheap lobang price.

Then u looking at avante now?

"According to the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety in 2004 and 2006 respectively, one-third of fatal accidents could be prevented by the use of the technology.[4][5]ESC has been mandatory in new cars in the U.S and the European Union since 2012 and 2014, respectively."

Agreed, thought Cerato is a great car, spoiled by the fact the L and EX have no ESC.  [smallcry]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2