2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

Does anyone know if those who have bought SX and awaiting delivery are able to upgrade to the GT with top-up?

Ask your SE. C&C usually allows change of trims (upgrades) on cars with high demand
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Yep. It's locally fitted or factory fitted makes a lot of difference. Knowing cnc, my guess is it's locally fitted and workmanship is not as good

I bet the seats, steering wheel and roof lining at least are factory fitted. I don’t think they would bother changing the rear bumper either. The boot lip can be locally fitted (C&C can fit it on any model for 130$). The side skirts look easy to fit locally.

The SX is all factory fitted while L and EX are locally fitted. Still I find their workmanship really ok. The leather seats in L/ EX are better quality than your usual local workshop, although not as smooth as the SX factory seats.

I was watching the introductory video on YouTube for the Forte GT. 201 HP 1.6T sounds superb.  

Too bad they won't bring this car into Singapore.

I find it quite nice especially the red trims on the gloss black grill. The black boot lip, rear diffuser looks nice on white car.

Car is on display at Leng Kee showroom. Pictures not taken by me hee. Was sent to me from a friend.

Cheers.

Overall not bad, car looks more sporty but i dont really like the black boot lip.

The GT Line additional add on are all cosmetic enhancement which can be done outside for less than $1,000.

The letters GT seem to sell. [laugh]

Where can all those enhancements can be done for less than $1000??? Heck even $1500 I also will pay.

Back it up instead of just farting out BS....as usual...

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 2

Overall not bad, car looks more sporty but i dont really like the black boot lip.

Buy black colour car la. Blend in lol

Yep. It's locally fitted or factory fitted makes a lot of difference. Knowing cnc, my guess is it's locally fitted and workmanship is not as good

It is locally fitted everyone. 

You see the front pax seat sides in the picture above. The seams is wavy navy la... Factory fitted leather will not spot such sloppy workmanship. And it looked like overstuffed chairs. Rear factory fitted seats will be lean and fit snuggly over the surfaces. 

And u see the GT Line emblem on the bootlid, The fonts used is different from the word Cerato, and the length of the emblem occupied almost all available space ard immediate surrounding area of the bootlid. Factory fitted emblems will not make such unsightly mistakes de

The body kit and the rear spoiler can be added easily locally. The steering wheel vertical spoke can be replaced de. Just taobao around and u can see China sellers selling some obiang looking inserts for that vertical spokes.

Factory will not have the so called GT Line for Cerato. Kia Factory only have the real firepower 201hp GT. 

ANyway, the front spoiler and the side skirt are not the exact pieces as found in the real GT. It is highly unlikely Kia would offer 2 completely different sets of body kits of the same car.  

You see the front pax seat sides in the picture above. The seams is wavy navy la... Factory fitted leather will not spot such sloppy workmanship. And it looked like overstuffed chairs. Rear factory fitted seats will be lean and fit snuggly over the surfaces.

And u see the GT Line emblem on the bootlid, The fonts used is different from the word Cerato, and the length of the emblem occupied almost all available space ard immediate surrounding area of the bootlid. Factory fitted emblems will not make such unsightly mistakes de

The body kit and the rear spoiler can be added easily locally. The steering wheel vertical spoke can be replaced de. Just taobao around and u can see China sellers selling some obiang looking inserts for that vertical spokes.

Factory will not have the so called GT Line for Cerato. Kia Factory only have the real firepower 201hp GT.

ANyway, the front spoiler and the side skirt are not the exact pieces as found in the real GT. It is highly unlikely Kia would offer 2 completely different sets of body kits of the same car.

That's why I already said that locally fitted accessories cannot make it. Poor workmanship. They need to really consider the quality of the contractor you hire Edited by RogerNg_185295

Neutral Newbie

Pros of bigger rims - Better handling and stability. Looks nicer too. 

Cons - Slower acceleration, FC may be affected. Harsher ride

There are 17 inch rims that are light weight but these are damn expensive. 

I feel 16 and 17 inch rims are perfect sizes for 1.6 litre car like K3. 15 inch rims too small.

K3 using 225/45/17 tyres. Taking reference from MCF marketplace, the prices range from $110 to $170.

If I am not wrong, the dimensions of SX 17 inch rims is 17x7 offset 50. Definitely can clear the brakes. If you are changing to aftermarket 17" rims, you will need to take note of the rim width and offset. Try to stay as close to the original offset as possible

thanks. Instead of 17 inch rims, i actually looking at 16 inch rim, it would not affect much compared to 15 inch rim like braking, petrol, tyre prices right?

As i'm concern about the offset you mention,

Do you have any reliable shop to intro for rim changes?

• Praise 1

I find it quite nice especially the red trims on the gloss black grill. The black boot lip, rear diffuser looks nice on white car.

Car is on display at Leng Kee showroom. Pictures not taken by me hee. Was sent to me from a friend.

Cheers.

Wasted when C&C chose to bring in this rather than the turbocharged Cerato GT.

Wasted when C&C chose to bring in this rather than the turbocharged Cerato GT.

I think C&C didn't 'bring these in', it was probably brought in as 'SX' and zhng-ed locally. Maybe can verify by the OMV.

As mentioned by others and I also agree to certain extend, the so-call GT Line kits should be locally fitted. Not sure about the interior black roof lining. That could be a tough job. The carbon fibre panels are all plastic parts which snaps on easily.

Just like the Classic and Sports trim they introduced in the Attrage and Lancer. Even the LED tail lamp and OZ rims (in the previous Lancer model) were locally fitted for the Sports trim. There were owners who bought the Attrage Sports trim but got it delivered without the side skirts and boot lip. They have to wait till C&C gets the stock, and were called back to install them.

I guess this is how C&C works. Maximise profits.

Edited by Wormee
  • Praise 2

I think C&C didn't 'bring these in', it was probably brought in as 'SX' and zhng-ed locally. Maybe can verify by the OMV.

As mentioned by others and I also agree to certain extend, the so-call GT Line kits should be locally fitted. Not sure about the interior black roof lining. That could be a tough job. The carbon fibre panels are all plastic parts which snaps on easily.

Just like the Classic and Sports trim they introduced in the Attrage and Lancer. Even the LED tail lamp and OZ rims (in the previous Lancer model) were locally fitted for the Sports trim. There were owners who bought the Attrage Sports trim but got it delivered without the side skirts and boot lip. They have to wait till C&C gets the stock, and were called back to install them.

The only exception is Sorento GT Line. That one is the real deal from the factory. This is why u got really nice factory leather and factory fitted 19in wheels n tires. We can confirm its from the factory becos, it is 19in, Sorento SX is 18, and the yellow marking on the tire sidewall lines up perfectly to the valve stem.

Few if any local tire shops will bother such details, some may not even know what that yellow dot on the tire sidewall is for. 

Just like how they decided to sell strip down versions of cerato with only 2 airbags. Really cant understand why they rather compromise on safety for profit.

People buy simply looking at the price and aesthetics without diving deep into the safety aspect. Not saying that cerato is a bad car but as a driver, safety of my family or passengers just as important.

Edited by makeanewcall
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

If you look at the previous Kia K3 SX model, one of the key  issues many owners faced is the big gaps in between the side skirts and the body, leading to water penetrating into the gaps.

If you look at the previous Kia K3 SX model, one of the key issues many owners faced is the big gaps in between the side skirts and the body, leading to water penetrating into the gaps.

That's why I say the contractor they hire to fix these accessories needs to be reviewed.

Dun always look for the cheapest installer. It will tarnish cnc reputation

wow the price drop SX is so much, anyone knows if possible to cancel or change model and rebook? even if incur 3% credit card fee also worth haha

↡ Advertisement