2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

Not true. Cerato do have Antenna. It is built in at the rear windscreen. It look like those heating element on the windscreen. That's why the reception is bad for SG. But if in Malaysia, the reception is better due to lesser high-rise building.

Actually I thought having the antennae etched on the rear windscreen helped with reception?
↡ Advertisement

Actually I thought having the antennae etched on the rear windscreen helped with reception?

Could it be interference from metal based tinting sheets? I believe the basic Rikecool one given by CnC is not metal based. Unless changed to 3rd party?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Not true. Cerato do have Antenna. It is built in at the rear windscreen. It look like those heating element on the windscreen. That's why the reception is bad for SG. But if in Malaysia, the reception is better due to lesser high-rise building.

This is the page from the user manual.

The Cerato has the "glass antenna" instead of the sharkfin or pole type, which are available as options.

I think the sharkfin or pole type antenna would have guaranteed FM reception in a built-up city like ours.

post-307915-0-56968400-1555768058_thumb.jpg

Edited by limyc
  • Praise 1

It is not a stupid design. It is common for Continental/European cars. As the wipers are hidden under the bonnet, it has less drag thus improving the drag coefficient and reduce wind noise.

Those putting flyers will know and do not pull the wipers on my car. They knew it. Not sure about Kia. I guess more and more Koreans (even Hyundai) so-call copied the design. You can see that they are improving.

Cheers.

No lah

You can get a CD of 0.25 without hiding the wipers.

Just look at the Mercedes CLA or B Class.

Renault Megane has a GT-Line series launched in 2016.

So who copied who in the usage of this GT-Line moniker?

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=815010&DL=2927

Your fake drama is pathetic. GT line is an industry term used for decades since almost as long as the term GT has been used referring to nontrack/mass production engine builds. I think Ford GT40 era oredi got this name.

Kia used the term b4 on Sorento, Sportage, etc too

Edited by yishunite
  • Praise 4
  • Dislike 1

Anyone can advise on how to utilizing the 2k service credits?

Should be fine to service at your preferred WS for minor servicing, can consider to head back to C&C only for major types.

Have you noticed that Toyota and Honda have increased their prices sharply following the recent COE bidding but Kia kept it flat. The SX is still at the same price it was when the COE touched 25,000.

• Praise 1

Anyone knows after we parked our car, if we want to continue listening to the radio, is there any way to turn off the engine while keeping the radio on other than turning off by pressing the engine start / stop button and restart the accessory electricals?

• Praise 1

Anyone knows after we parked our car, if we want to continue listening to the radio, is there any way to turn off the engine while keeping the radio on other than turning off by pressing the engine start / stop button and restart the accessory electricals?

I would like to know this as well....

• Praise 1

Mine is L model so no issue. Just turn the key once to on without starting engine.
  • Praise 1

For mazda is dun step on the brake, just press the start button, not sure for cerato..
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Your fake drama is pathetic. GT line is an industry term used for decades since almost as long as the term GT has been used referring to nontrack/mass production engine builds. I think Ford GT40 era oredi got this name.

Kia used the term b4 on Sorento, Sportage, etc too

Some pussy "disliked" this post and caused forumer Yishunite to think that I disliked this post. Moderator knows who you are on the backend...trying to create conflict amongst forumers.

• Praise 1

Is it very difficult to press the start/stop button once to turn off the engine then press the button once or twice to go into accessories mode?
  • Praise 1

Nice! Thanks for the tip. Have you done the PPS with C&C?

PPS done, was told by SA to use water to clean car no shampoo. Paint protection can last for 1 year.

↡ Advertisement