2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

Wow looks like C&C has already secured COEs for all its back-logged buyers.

That's good news! But also mean that demand for the next few COE biddings might be soft.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

The One Motoring April data for new car prices has an entry for the GT Line under “Cerato 1.6 Sunroof”, selling price 94,999. OMV is 500 $ higher than SX.

• Praise 1

Wow looks like C&C has already secured COEs for all its back-logged buyers.

That's good news! But also mean that demand for the next few COE biddings might be soft.

I heard no shipment for KIA until July 2019. CnC KIA has been securing COE for $2k guaranteed COE top up only.
  • Praise 1

anyone know what is the in-house loan interest rate for Kia (C&C)?

doing my sums to check is it even worth getting a loan to get a 5k rebate?

so if I do not have a car to trade in, the price is actually 5k more?

No car to trade-in, usually no problem... they'll still give you the trade-in rebate... but usually it will also mean you must take a loan... whether it's worth the rebate for taking in-house loan or not really depends on how much you loan and for how long... interest rate notwithstanding...

Actually if you can afford to pay off all in cash, it usually best to take minimum loan for minimum period, like $20,000 for 1 year... the interest will be minimal in this case...

I heard no shipment for KIA until July 2019. CnC KIA has been securing COE for $2k guaranteed COE top up only.

Sad.... my SE just told me no concrete update on my delivery.
  • Praise 1

No car to trade-in, usually no problem... they'll still give you the trade-in rebate... but usually it will also mean you must take a loan... whether it's worth the rebate for taking in-house loan or not really depends on how much you loan and for how long... interest rate notwithstanding...

Actually if you can afford to pay off all in cash, it usually best to take minimum loan for minimum period, like $20,000 for 1 year... the interest will be minimal in this case...

Not easy to negotiate. I did not want the loan but still had to take 50k on 6 years. There is not much cost because they give 2k interest rebate to offset the cancellation fee, and you can cancel straight away (so you only pay 1 month interest). But it’s just the hassle of preparing the form and sending it by registered letter, then going to give a cheque at the branch.

Still the car is worth these “details” and the very long wait. Two months with my SX and still very happy with it.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Not easy to negotiate. I did not want the loan but still had to take 50k on 6 years. There is not much cost because they give 2k interest rebate to offset the cancellation fee, and you can cancel straight away (so you only pay 1 month interest). But itâs just the hassle of preparing the form and sending it by registered letter, then going to give a cheque at the branch.

Still the car is worth these âdetailsâ and the very long wait. Two months with my SX and still very happy with it.

My SE told me that I can only cancel in 6 months’ time otherwise C&C will call back the interest rebate. But I see so many of you mentioned that immediate cancellation is ok, so tempting to cancel my loan now...
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

My SE told me that I can only cancel in 6 monthsâ time otherwise C&C will call back the interest rebate. But I see so many of you mentioned that immediate cancellation is ok, so tempting to cancel my loan now... ð¤

Errr call the bank? Your contract is with the bank right? Why care what the SE says.

Neutral Newbie

Errr call the bank? Your contract is with the bank right? Why care what the SE says.

SE said interest rebate will be called back by C&C and not the bank as the rebate is given by C&C, not the bank. I’m guessing the bank would not give C&C the loan commission if customer cancel loan in a month, hence the call back of interest rebate. But if anyone did cancel loan in a month without any interest rebate callback from C&C, please let me know. Thanks!
  • Praise 1

Guys, do you know if I can sell my bidded COE away?

Not possible. It has to be register with a new car under your name within 6 mths, else the 10k deposit which u placed with cnc (which is now in LTA’s hand since u already gotten the coe) will be forfeited.

u can only suck thumb wait for cnc to deliver the car. And they will deliver before the 6 mths, else they have to pay u 10k, or fork out 10k by themselves and bid another coe for u. They wouldn’t let this scenario happen. So it’s confirm u will get your car... within 6 mths upon securing coe (which unfortunately is too long for u).

• Praise 1

Not possible. It has to be register with a new car under your name within 6 mths, else the 10k deposit which u placed with cnc (which is now in LTAâs hand since u already gotten the coe) will be forfeited.

u can only suck thumb wait for cnc to deliver the car. And they will deliver before the 6 mths, else they have to pay u 10k, or fork out 10k by themselves and bid another coe for u. They wouldnât let this scenario happen. So itâs confirm u will get your car... within 6 mths upon securing coe (which unfortunately is too long for u).

If that’s the case, will they give us an free upgrade to GT-line? Any expert here can give advise?
  • Praise 1

SE said interest rebate will be called back by C&C and not the bank as the rebate is given by C&C, not the bank. Iâm guessing the bank would not give C&C the loan commission if customer cancel loan in a month, hence the call back of interest rebate. But if anyone did cancel loan in a month without any interest rebate callback from C&C, please let me know. Thanks!

There no claw back clause in the sales agreement, only a cancellation fee with the bank.
  • Praise 1

You bought the during C&C Warehouse Online sale?

I booked the Gravity Blue, SX end March. Secured COE first week of April. Till today still no update on the delivery.

My ETA was stated end April, May, Jun, Jul'19........

Nope i just walk in and buy. Got more trade in price since my current car is kia . That day he ck only got 1 blue and 1 black but many bronze color. But i know they are clearing 2018 stock so also more discount.

• Praise 1

Nope i just walk in and buy. Got more trade in price since my current car is kia . That day he ck only got 1 blue and 1 black but many bronze color. But i know they are clearing 2018 stock so also more discount.

KIA has no stock. So the 2018 stock is just a gimmick.
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Surprised to learn that those who purchased the Year of Manufacture (YOM)  2018 stocks during the Warehouse sale were informed that their cars have not arrived in Singapore.  Had the impression that YOM 2018 stocks are already in Singapore, waiting to be cleared, hence the term ‘warehouse sale’.

Edited by Vinceng

KIA has no stock. So the 2018 stock is just a gimmick.

Oh really wth. But nvm he guaranty i will get car. but don know how long. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1