2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

Can I know if your carpark is sheltered or opened? Not sure if that also contributed to it. Maybe the experts can shed some light on this.

Hdb multi storey sheltered. Office also basement sheltered.
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
(edited)

I'd rather not say the name of the shop but i paid like $800 for the first year and $350 for the 2nd year for the ceramic pps.

My math tells me just spray paint the car after 5 years would be more worth it.

Yes, spray paint whole car after 5 years is more worth it. And waxing suffices. PPS is over rated.

Just remember - no matter how well maintained your car is, it's not gonna command higher value when you trade it in.

And Kia paint work is very thin too. Knock it slightly and lightly against the wall when you open your door gently and the paint chips off.

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I drive a 2017 Kia K3 Pearl White and have it coated with PPS on the first day. After driving it for more than 1 year, I went back for PPS maintenance again. but i soon realised it has gotten yellowish. It is align with other K3 i've seen. I've checked with the PPS workshop and they say it is normal for white cars. So i conclude all white color K3 turn yellow after one year no matter got PPS anot. Needless to say, i was disappointed. The whole point in myself getting PPS is to prevent yellowish. I will never believe this PPS shit again.

I think it is a norm for white paint to turn yellowish. I didnt own white car before. Just heard from ppl around my circle. I bought graphite grey. Want to go for pps as i heard cleaning will be much easier and just a layer to protect paint from chipping off if hit by passing stones

Sorry for my ignorance. Perhaps i was sweet talked by the PPS shop salesman on this "wonderful" PPS thingy. In addition, this is my first white car so i didn't know it will get yellow so quickly. 5 years turn yellow sure. One year turn yellow, wow. Anyway, i'm pointing this out from my perspective. Everyone can have their own opinion on this matter which is why we have a forum for discussion to freely exchange ideas and discuss.

PPS coating is a hydrophobic coating that bonds to your car's original paint. It helps in washing, hard for pollutants to be stuck on it and even if it does, washing would be easier compared to non coated cars. Coating also brings out the car's shine just like waxing.

It is however not a super duper coating that you need not wash the car, not scared of acid, paint will stay as it is for years. It is not a super shield hor. Like others said, PPS is over rated.

Oh, it is natural for white or pearl white paint to turn yellowish after years. That's the characteristics of white paint under normal circumstances. Unless the white car is kept in a warehouse assuming no lights no air/dust in a vacuum. Then, 1 year later it shoudl stay the same.

Cheers.

• Praise 1

I think it is a norm for white paint to turn yellowish. I didnt own white car before. Just heard from ppl around my circle. I bought graphite grey. Want to go for pps as i heard cleaning will be much easier and just a layer to protect paint from chipping off if hit by passing stones

Pps cannot prevent paint from chipping off. You have much to learn here.
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

PPS coating is a hydrophobic coating that bonds to your car's original paint. It helps in washing, hard for pollutants to be stuck on it and even if it does, washing would be easier compared to non coated cars. Coating also brings out the car's shine just like waxing.

What is the correct type of car wash product to use on cars with such coating:

- washes that have wax, commonly called wash & wax

- washes that don't have wax

...... or just plain water -_-

What is the correct type of car wash product to use on cars with such coating:

- washes that have wax, commonly called wash & wax

- washes that don't have wax

...... or just plain water -_-

I would recommend plain water as per what the groomers mentioned for normal wash.

For tough stains and super dirty car, use car soap without wax. As car already coated with hydrophobic layer of glass or ceramic, not advisable to use wash with wax.

Cheers.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Pps cannot prevent paint from chipping off. You have much to learn here.

Yes. Im pretty new. Always buy 2nd hand car so didnt really bother much abt the paint.

is it true that the sx trim has been discontinued?

Seems like it, the spec/feature list I saw only shows L, EX and GT-Line. Plus Alexandra Showroom only has these 3 trims on display.

Hi, anyone of you send your car for pps? Any recommendation

PPS is overrated. I went DIY with two coats of Meguiar M21 sealant and just reapplied a new coat after 3 months (they say 6 months but I like my car pristine). The M21 will give you the shine and paint protection, that costs 45$ per bottle and one bottle will easily do 8 coatings. Paint is still like Day 1. No need to spend hundreds in professional PPS

Seems like it, the spec/feature list I saw only shows L, EX and GT-Line. Plus Alexandra Showroom only has these 3 trims on display.

That would be logical because SX and GT Line are pretty much the same.

Sorry for my ignorance. Perhaps i was sweet talked by the PPS shop salesman on this "wonderful" PPS thingy. In addition, this is my first white car so i didn't know it will get yellow so quickly. 5 years turn yellow sure. One year turn yellow, wow. Anyway, i'm pointing this out from my perspective. Everyone can have their own opinion on this matter which is why we have a forum for discussion to freely exchange ideas and discuss.

Sorry... I didn't mean to sound rude although my post seems like that... I was actually just asking if you had expected the coating to prevent the oxidation of the paint?

I ask cos from the hard sell of these products, I think that was one of the benefits of using the product... and I'm also quite surprised that the white paint turned yellow so quickly... my Dad's Renault Fluence is about 4 years already... it's still as white as when it was new... no such coating... he also parks in the sun about 2-3 times a week... at least 4-5 hours for those days... but he washes his car very often at least once a week... if not more...

Turbocharged

PPS is overrated. I went DIY with two coats of Meguiar M21 sealant and just reapplied a new coat after 3 months (they say 6 months but I like my car pristine). The M21 will give you the shine and paint protection, that costs 45$ per bottle and one bottle will easily do 8 coatings. Paint is still like Day 1. No need to spend hundreds in professional PPS

i have a 2 week old car and on collection day they told there is a coating. I bought a car wash without wax to wash it. Don't know long the coating will last. For the old car i regularly do DIY waxing after washing the car. With the new car, it was a relief not to spend so much time.. Hope the coating lasts.

i have a 2 week old car and on collection day they told there is a coating. I bought a car wash without wax to wash it. Don't know long the coating will last. For the old car i regularly do DIY waxing after washing the car. With the new car, it was a relief not to spend so much time.. Hope the coating lasts.

The coating on new Kia is just wax. The PPS (Zertona) is chargeable

Turbocharged

The coating on new Kia is just wax. The PPS (Zertona) is chargeable

it is not a Kia. The SE didn't mention the paint coating during the sign-up. During the collection I think I heard ceramic and no need to wax. I have to wait until about 20 days time at 1k svc - hope i will get to know what product they gave and who did it. -_-

↡ Advertisement