2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

3 hours ago, Airy said:

Anyone realize that when idling with Gear in D , air con on, the engine mounting seems not doing its work. Car mileage is 7500km. Thanks

Please be more specific....

My SX Cerato 30K mileage. Everything is working fine. Except Android Auto is not stable.  Sometimes, it will cut off the connection.

↡ Advertisement

7 hours ago, Twich said:

Please be more specific....

My SX Cerato 30K mileage. Everything is working fine. Except Android Auto is not stable.  Sometimes, it will cut off the connection.

I hear a constant sound and sound stops when engage to N. The sound is like a humming sound....

15 hours ago, Airy said:

I hear a constant sound and sound stops when engage to N. The sound is like a humming sound....

Why you have to engage N? Don't do that at traffic junction. Just leave at D.

49 minutes ago, Twich said:

50 minutes ago, Twich said:

For testing purposes. Sound disappear when select to N. Sound appears when in D 

58 minutes ago, Twich said:

7 minutes ago, Airy said:

For testing purposes. Sound disappear when select to N. Sound appears when in D 

I should say it’s vibration sound... it’s loud to my ears..

2 hours ago, Airy said:

Go and feedback to AD workshop immediately.

On 12/13/2019 at 8:09 AM, Neutrino said:

Anybody changed the battery on a KIA Cerato Smart Key.

I've looked at the manual but still can't work out how to do it.

Just for info I found the details on a youtube video.

Easy.

On 10/19/2019 at 12:15 AM, Galliano said:

Looks like I’m not the only one who sold off my 2015 C180 for the new Cerato EX. Hated the poor aircon on the Merc. 

Just completed my 1k run-in on my Cerato EX.

Kinda loving the ride. Few comments on the Cerato compared to my previous 2015 Merc C180. In summary, the Cerato is really bang for buck, definitely does not feel like a cheap car compared to a Conti brand that costs more than 2x. 

Pros (surprisingly):

1. Quiet. Its not Conti standard, but honestly I was pleasantly surprised at the sound insulation. It can be improved surely, but its not too bad. The door is rather "solid" to say.

2. Aircon. Its much much better in this car. I'm always on fan speed 1. 

3. There are some soft leather finishes .. not everything is plasticky. And interior design is nice

4. The interior space is huge. I originally had the idea that the Cerato is a compact sedan .. but its got much better leg/head room than the C180. Especially noticeable in the back seats.

5. The SMART truck works without fail. You dun look like an idiot swinging your legs (Conti ver) whilst trying to get the boot open. 

6. Initial pick up is bit slow, but after which the car has no issues keeping up on speed and ride comfort. Kudos to the rather good steering. 

7. Trunk is huge. And heck .. it comes standard with a spare tire and repair kit! 

Cons: 

1. No automatic tire pressure. Thats a huge "luxury" that I've come to grow accustomed to. I'm resisting the urge to put an external TPMS meter on the dash. 

2. No automatic rain wipers. 

3. Fuel consumption is similar to the C180. I drive on the highways to/from work, thus I'm clocking easily average 14-15km/l on both the Merc & Cerato. I had originally thought the Cerato would be better fuel efficient.

6 hours ago, Galliano said:

Just completed my 1k run-in on my Cerato EX.

Kinda loving the ride. Few comments on the Cerato compared to my previous 2015 Merc C180. In summary, the Cerato is really bang for buck, definitely does not feel like a cheap car compared to a Conti brand that costs more than 2x. 

Pros (surprisingly):

1. Quiet. Its not Conti standard, but honestly I was pleasantly surprised at the sound insulation. It can be improved surely, but its not too bad. The door is rather "solid" to say.

2. Aircon. Its much much better in this car. I'm always on fan speed 1. 

3. There are some soft leather finishes .. not everything is plasticky. And interior design is nice

4. The interior space is huge. I originally had the idea that the Cerato is a compact sedan .. but its got much better leg/head room than the C180. Especially noticeable in the back seats.

5. The SMART truck works without fail. You dun look like an idiot swinging your legs (Conti ver) whilst trying to get the boot open. 

6. Initial pick up is bit slow, but after which the car has no issues keeping up on speed and ride comfort. Kudos to the rather good steering. 

7. Trunk is huge. And heck .. it comes standard with a spare tire and repair kit! 

Cons: 

1. No automatic tire pressure. Thats a huge "luxury" that I've come to grow accustomed to. I'm resisting the urge to put an external TPMS meter on the dash. 

2. No automatic rain wipers. 

3. Fuel consumption is similar to the C180. I drive on the highways to/from work, thus I'm clocking easily average 14-15km/l on both the Merc & Cerato. I had originally thought the Cerato would be better fuel efficient.

We got the weakest and most basic engine option among all the possible the engines options available for Cerato/Forte. 

You can get better fuel economy with the 2L or the 201hp 1.6T option available in most other countries. 

1 hour ago, Cheefarn said:

We got the weakest and most basic engine option among all the possible the engines options available for Cerato/Forte. 

You can get better fuel economy with the 2L or the 201hp 1.6T option available in most other countries. 

I have tried Esso Mobil 98, the pick-up is not that bad.

One thing about SX Cerato, the gear box is much smoother than last car Altis. I wouldn't feel it at all while I am driving.

On 12/17/2019 at 8:33 AM, Cheefarn said:

I disagree that you get better economy with the 2 L NA engine... I use it in the Sonata I drive and it's consumption isn't stellar... reasonable I would say... certainly not good... in fact I can't get better than 11.0 km/L on my normal driving routes unless I drive highway... getting 13-15 km/l possible only if locked onto cruise control at 90 km/L uninterrupted for maybe 20 km... otherwise not quite possible...

On 12/17/2019 at 9:39 AM, Twich said:

I have tried Esso Mobil 98, the pick-up is not that bad.

One thing about SX Cerato, the gear box is much smoother than last car Altis. I wouldn't feel it at all while I am driving.

I would suggest that that's because the Altis is old while your Cerato is new... otherwise I don't think there much difference between the two gearboxes... plus the Altis gearbox is like designed a decade ago?

2 hours ago, teomingern said:

I would suggest that that's because the Altis is old while your Cerato is new... otherwise I don't think there much difference between the two gearboxes... plus the Altis gearbox is like designed a decade ago?

True.  Telling us a new car gearbox is smoother than an old car is questioning  our intelligence.  Not very appropriate. 

On 12/7/2019 at 1:31 PM, Airy said:

it could be something is lose or misaligned, causing the rubbing sound.. go to the AD and get them to adjust to eliminate the sound..

3 hours ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

True.  Telling us a new car gearbox is smoother than an old car is questioning  our intelligence.  Not very appropriate. 

Sir, I am comparing day 1 of last car and day 1 of my new car.  I have a feel of day 1 of last car and a a feel day 1 of my new car. By the way, I bought new cars and service by AD.

This is not intelligence. This is called experience.

Edited by Twich
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1