2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

5 hours ago, teomingern said:

I would suggest that that's because the Altis is old while your Cerato is new... otherwise I don't think there much difference between the two gearboxes... plus the Altis gearbox is like designed a decade ago?

Sir, I am comparing day 1 of last car and day 1 of my new car.  I have a feel of day 1 of last car and a a feel day 1 of my new car. By the way, I bought new cars and service by AD.

This is not intelligence. This is called experience.

Edited by Twich
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

On 12/20/2019 at 4:51 PM, Twich said:

Sir, I am comparing day 1 of last car and day 1 of my new car.  I have a feel of day 1 of last car and a a feel day 1 of my new car. By the way, I bought new cars and service by AD.

I'm not sure if you can remember how the car felt some 10 years back... ha ha... I certainly can't remember or would my memory be reliable... we tend to remember the past through rose-tinted glasses especially the good things...

3 hours ago, teomingern said:

I'm not sure if you can remember how the car felt some 10 years back... ha ha... I certainly can't remember or would my memory be reliable... we tend to remember the past through rose-tinted glasses especially the good things...

I never drive my cars until 10 years.

Hi Hi,

Anyone realize the vibrations (with some sounds) for the car is noticeable especially when you re in D gear and with the brake pressed while waiting for the traffic light to turn Green?

On 12/20/2019 at 4:51 PM, Twich said:

This is so called biased experience 

2 hours ago, Airy said:

Hi Hi,

Anyone realize the vibrations (with some sounds) for the car is noticeable especially when you re in D gear and with the brake pressed while waiting for the traffic light to turn Green?

It did not  happen to my SX Cerato.

Quickly report to AD workshop.

Edited by Twich

1 hour ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

This is so called biased experience 

I never drive any car for mor than 5 years.

And I always service my car by AD.

Edited by Twich

Anyone Cerato has a sound coming from steering wheel? Esp can be heard when audio is off and at parking speeds. Sounds like a whirring sound when turning. 

Hello folks, I’m driving the new Cerato for close to half a year. Thinking of lowering the car by changing suspension spring (not installing coilover). Any recommendation or review on lowering spring for new Cerato? Tks!

10 hours ago, Seanong said:

Hello folks, I’m driving the new Cerato for close to half a year. Thinking of lowering the car by changing suspension spring (not installing coilover). Any recommendation or review on lowering spring for new Cerato? Tks!

Why would you want to do that?

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, Seanong said:

If you lower the springs but don't change your shock absorbers, you're always going to scrap and knock the undercarriage every time you pass over a larger speed hump... you can also damage the steering as well as wear out the bearings and bushings on your suspension system much faster...

2 hours ago, teomingern said:

If you lower the springs but don't change your shock absorbers, you're always going to scrap and knock the undercarriage every time you pass over a larger speed hump... you can also damage the steering as well as wear out the bearings and bushings on your suspension system much faster...

He will wear out the stock shocks also. And indirectly engine mounts too since more bumps are reverb into the body 

Coil overs will ensure a very rough and punishing ride. It will never be as comfy as stock. You are driving a modest powered car with not much power, pls consider carefully as your priority shouldn't be on coil overs as you are already struggling to get up to speed everytime u drive. 

A punishing ride with a weak engine combo just feels weird. Your stock suspension setup is already pretty well designed. Its not as if you are driving the G9- G10 Altis of ACV30 -50 Camry where you risk dragging the door handles on the pavement during hard corning.

Lowered ride will NOT tighten up your handling if the rest of the suspension parts remained the same.. 

Planning to sell cerato Sx trim after the cny

Collected in mid July 2019, mileage 7800km, comes with existing service package with c&c and a balance of ard $1000 service credit with c&c. 

Looking at 80k

52 minutes ago, JonathanZhong said:

Collected in mid July 2019, mileage 7800km, comes with existing service package with c&c and a balance of ard $1000 service credit with c&c. 

Looking at 80k

'Upgrade' to new G12 Altis eh? :D And I stress the 2 brackets for the word upgrade :D

1 hour ago, JonathanZhong said:

Looking at 80k

That’s a massive depreciation for just close to 1 year of usage. Why not use it for a while more, it is a new car and not those crappy second hand ones .

On 1/7/2020 at 4:02 PM, No_worries said:

That’s a massive depreciation for just close to 1 year of usage. Why not use it for a while more, it is a new car and not those crappy second hand ones .

Might a case of very bad accident and need extensive repairs so owner doesn't want the car anymore... so sell it off after the repairs...

52 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Might a case of very bad accident and need extensive repairs so owner doesn't want the car anymore... so sell it off after the repairs...

fyi, accident free car. 

↡ Advertisement