2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

You are so lucky they give you such a good car cam.

i asked SE, what freebies do i get. he told me standard is 1ch cam. but he will give me 2ch cam. i didnt ask about the brand, and i saw that he wrote thinkware F770 on the booking form. 

yes very

booked during pre launch? 

yup.

↡ Advertisement

Yup. That's why I decided to buy the L model. Aiya, not rich so as long as the car is practical is good enough. I've tested Vios before buying Cerato and feel that since their price were same that time, Cerato is more comfortable and more roomy. ;)

Cerato is more roomy but when it comes to resale value,  reliability, built quality and fuel economy, Toyota Vios wins hands down.

• Dislike 3

Cerato is more roomy but when it comes to resale value, reliability, built quality and fuel economy, Toyota Vios wins hands down.

2 months ago, when I pickup SX Cerato at C&C Pandan. I met a Malay family.

They have driven a 9. 5 years old Cerato.

Due to expansion of their family, they have switched over to a new Mitsubishi Outlander.

What kind of resale value you are talking about...

I went to C & C to trade in my Altis with a new Cerato. They have given me a good figure. On the spot on.

When I touch up my 2 months old SX Cerato, I have discovered the workmanship is much better than my old Altis.

For example, paint work, leather seat, ergonomic dashboard and etc.

On my driving expeeience, the road holding is much better during corning.

Lastly, my family is enjoying the ride. Bigger space. Especially, my children. They told me, 'Daddy, you have pick the right car.'

• Praise 2

Cerato is more roomy but when it comes to resale value, reliability, built quality and fuel economy, Toyota Vios wins hands down.

Rubbish. Difference in those things can save you a few hundred while the difference in price is a few thousand.

Are you BM SE or did you get sacked by C&C so every time need to come here at take shots at Cerato?

• Praise 1

Cerato is more roomy but when it comes to resale value,  reliability, built quality and fuel economy, Toyota Vios wins hands down.

Aiyo,you know ok already la!

Keep for yourself.Anyway,people choice.

You will create unnecessary rebate la! lol..... 

• Praise 1

Aiyoh... really who buys cars to sell on later? Buy car means must drive until the end of COE lar... otherwise lose money until siao...
  • Praise 1

Another clown who still subscribe to the myth that we should buy cars to please used car dealers.....With today's dismal used car scene, how much can they offer u? Scrap plus 1k? Is that considered good resale value ??

And please provide documentary proof that Vios is significantly more reliable than any Hyundai group products. And please show us exactly where and how Vios build quality is better than Cerato?! The current clown look Vios took alot of flak from various reviews ard SE Asia and Taiwan. Most criticized the still low rent looking cabin, and Toyota resistance to include more advanced design cues and equipment even in the top of the line Vios G and V model. Mind you, these unfavorable remarks came from emerging markets where the Vios was primary designed for. So u see lor, even these markets find the new Vios too cheap looking. 

If you cannot provide any of the above, pls STFU. Your old style 1990s sales tactics has long outlived its usefulness, and certainly won't work in here where you got plenty of forummers here who are well read and informed via the internet. And you got plenty of car guys here too. 

• Praise 2

The 201hp Cerato GT is available in North America too, shortly after its intro in South Korea..

I am sure it will come to SG next year. So please hold off your purchase if u can. 130hp vs 201hp.. 150NM vs 260NM of torque... 6sp torque converter AT vs 7 speed dual clutch. U do the math lor.

https://paultan.org/2018/10/31/kia-cerato-gt-with-201-hp-debuts-at-sema-show-2018/

And to the bro who inquire about the thick bezel around the pop up touchscreen, don't worry. Kia designed it that way for american market Cerato too. So u are not being short changed. 

Ahhhhh... 6 speed manual and 201hp! Thats what a real car should be... But why Kia is not offering the same setup for RHD markets?

Kia-Cerato-GT-19-e1540953924993-850x478.

Edited by Cheefarn
  • Praise 1

if this was told 10 years ago.. maybe still can believe  [laugh]

The 201hp Cerato GT is available in North America too, shortly after its intro in South Korea..

I am sure it will come to SG next year. So please hold off your purchase if u can. 130hp vs 201hp.. 150NM vs 260NM of torque... 6sp torque converter AT vs 7 speed dual clutch. U do the math lor.

https://paultan.org/2018/10/31/kia-cerato-gt-with-201-hp-debuts-at-sema-show-2018/

And to the bro who inquire about the thick bezel around the pop up touchscreen, don't worry. Kia designed it that way for american market Cerato too. So u are not being short changed.

Ahhhhh... 6 speed manual and 201hp! Thats what a real car should be... But why Kia is not offering the same setup for RHD markets?

Kia-Cerato-GT-19-e1540953924993-850x478.

What’s the price difference in US ? It looks like a huge step up but if the price is well above 100k when reaching SG there will still be a lot of demand for the “standard” engine

What’s the price difference in US ? It looks like a huge step up but if the price is well above 100k when reaching SG there will still be a lot of demand for the “standard” engine

Well can you recommend a brand new car of any makes in SG that offers 201hp and 260NM of torque and a 7sp DCT straight off the showroom floor for $100-120k? 

As usual, do not fall for the early bird promo nonsense. The prices will come down 3-4 mths after its introduction. 

Well can you recommend a brand new car of any makes in SG that offers 201hp and 260NM of torque and a 7sp DCT straight off the showroom floor for $100-120k?

As usual, do not fall for the early bird promo nonsense. The prices will come down 3-4 mths after its introduction.

That’s the point. A civic 1.5T has lower specs but sells 110k. The Cerato GT will most likely be in that region.

But 110k-120k is a different market segment than 75k. The Cerato 1.6 is excellent value for money, so even with a GT coming I guess there will still be a strong demand for the “standard” engine

That’s the point. A civic 1.5T has lower specs but sells 110k. The Cerato GT will most likely be in that region.

But 110k-120k is a different market segment than 75k. The Cerato 1.6 is excellent value for money, so even with a GT coming I guess there will still be a strong demand for the “standard” engine

The Civic 1.5T power is zapped by the lazy CVT... you either have to buy a 1.5T 6sp manual Civic hatch from UK via PI to maintain its powess or look for other brands. 

And that L15B7 turbo 1.5 still have suspected random overheating issues that Honda can't seems to overcome as of this writing. 

And Honda cars are often quite noisy inside due to the lack of sound insulation. Certainly nowhere near Hyundai products these days. 

Anyway for the price, who knows where it will be? If C n C is serious in making the Cerato a worthy competitor against the German and French makes in sg, then they will have to price the Cerato GT at the price that can move in large numbers. And certainly needs to be cheaper than Civic 1.5.

This is the so called premium economy car segment. Pricing still matters in addition to consideration on power, design and overall drivability. 

As it stands today, you can't buy any 200hp car from any showroom for $100-110k... 

• Praise 1

It has to be priced below the Civic 1.5T for them to move the units. If not the majority will just go for the Civic irregardless of the trim level.

The Civic 1.5T power is zapped by the lazy CVT... you either have to buy a 1.5T 6sp manual Civic hatch from UK via PI to maintain its powess or look for other brands.

And that L15B7 turbo 1.5 still have suspected random overheating issues that Honda can't seems to overcome as of this writing.

And Honda cars are often quite noisy inside due to the lack of sound insulation. Certainly nowhere near Hyundai products these days.

Anyway for the price, who knows where it will be? If C n C is serious in making the Cerato a worthy competitor against the German and French makes in sg, then they will have to price the Cerato GT at the price that can move in large numbers. And certainly needs to be cheaper than Civic 1.5.

This is the so called premium economy car segment. Pricing still matters in addition to consideration on power, design and overall drivability.

As it stands today, you can't buy any 200hp car from any showroom for $100-110k...

Well say. I'm looking forward to this model and see how they price it during motor show in jan next year

if this was told 10 years ago.. maybe still can believe  [laugh]

10 years ago people buy car base on mouth say.

Now base on knowledge of car.

I won't hold my breath for this... the market for such cars in Singapore is small... very small... and so given the authorized dealers preoccupation with profit and the fact economy cars have very thin margins, I doubt the more highly powered versions will come in...
↡ Advertisement