2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

The 201hp Cerato GT is available in North America too, shortly after its intro in South Korea..

I am sure it will come to SG next year. So please hold off your purchase if u can. 130hp vs 201hp.. 150NM vs 260NM of torque... 6sp torque converter AT vs 7 speed dual clutch. U do the math lor.

https://paultan.org/2018/10/31/kia-cerato-gt-with-201-hp-debuts-at-sema-show-2018/

And to the bro who inquire about the thick bezel around the pop up touchscreen, don't worry. Kia designed it that way for american market Cerato too. So u are not being short changed.

Ahhhhh... 6 speed manual and 201hp! Thats what a real car should be... But why Kia is not offering the same setup for RHD markets?

Kia-Cerato-GT-19-e1540953924993-850x478.

This will be interesting when it's launched here in SG.. even the i30 fastback seems to be not very popular with its $105+-k price tag.. I think KIA will be taking a lesson from it.

And don't be misled by the paper spec, for some cars, the performance is a total letdown from its figures on paper. While some r the other way round. Best to do a test drive to find out yourself..

↡ Advertisement

$550 Servicing of cos must be full day wait so at least make them feel money well spent.Do my car for whole day,you know?

If one hour give them back,they will feel kenna carrot head.lol........

When u see the actual consumables that are being replaced for the 60000km svcs, you really wonder if the parts are made of gold? LOL

The rest of the ticks in the checklist are just eye power! That's easy money....

Modern cars are designed such that any regular svcs, regardless of its mileage, shouldn't take more than 2 hrs on average. Consumable parts locations are often located in easy to reach areas. 

This will be interesting when it's launched here in SG.. even the i30 fastback seems to be not very popular with its $105+-k price tag.. I think KIA will be taking a lesson from it.

And don't be misled by the paper spec, for some cars, the performance is a total letdown from its figures on paper. While some r the other way round. Best to do a test drive to find out yourself..

Thats becos Komoco disappointed buyers once again

The i30 fastback by right should came with the same 201hp 1.6T as u see here, but in the end, only the base 1.4T came... And there is no need to have 3 i30 with the same drivetrain on sale side by side in SG... 

And you pay over $6k extra over the i30 wagon just to get 17in factory wheels, sunroof, LED headlights and the full sensing suite? These items shd be standard in the other 2 i30s...

The fastback styling also doesn't look very appealing and the price premium certainly didnt give buyers a distinct advantage over the other 2 i30s in SG

I looking to purchase this car, anyone can pm their SE contact? Thanks in advance :D

Alexandra. Had good experience with KC, got from him in the end. Edited by bronzy

When u see the actual consumables that are being replaced for the 60000km svcs, you really wonder if the parts are made of gold? LOL

The rest of the ticks in the checklist are just eye power! That's easy money....

Modern cars are designed such that any regular svcs, regardless of its mileage, shouldn't take more than 2 hrs on average. Consumable parts locations are often located in easy to reach areas.

Do you know the word quering..... There are so many cars waiting for servicing.

No, I have always been researching on the cars that I am interested at, be it 10 yrs ago or not.

Anyway to that BM salesman, with your smoking expertise, there are still more than enuf aunties and uncles in SG who buy cars based on the badge only. They should be able to give u enuf biz for now.

You know, those people who have so much faith in the AD that they actually return to AD for tires change? And that they will never consider any outside workshops no matter how great the workmanship and prices are...Those who think spending $550 on 60000km svcs and a full day wait are actually very reasonable...

Go provide your svcs to them ba

I am one of them. I loved my car.

I see most forumers are planning to keep their cars 10 yrs (or more), but we may have to upgrade in next 4-5 yrs.

The advertised prices on sgcarmart for used cerato are assuming a quasi linear depreciation, which would mean the car holds its value exceptionally well. How far do you think are real world prices from the ads ? What value do you expect for this car in 4 years for instance?

just collected my ride yesterday, drove around the neighbourhood to get use to the car

drove to work today too, must say i enjoy the car very much. never regret booking this car instead of the elantra. feel so much happier looking into the interior of the cerato instead. 

• Praise 3

I see most forumers are planning to keep their cars 10 yrs (or more), but we may have to upgrade in next 4-5 yrs.

The advertised prices on sgcarmart for used cerato are assuming a quasi linear depreciation, which would mean the car holds its value exceptionally well. How far do you think are real world prices from the ads ? What value do you expect for this car in 4 years for instance?

Quasi-linear depreciation? Nah... doesn't work this way... simply get your market value from One Motoring and you'll see significant drop in your value... ask your AD how much you'll get when you trade-in for a new model, and you'll see the huge drop...an example, Renault Fluence at $107,000, after about 3 years, Wearnes quoted less than $60,000... you lose almost 50% of the initial price... where got linear?

just collected my ride yesterday, drove around the neighbourhood to get use to the car

drove to work today too, must say i enjoy the car very much. never regret booking this car instead of the elantra. feel so much happier looking into the interior of the cerato instead.

Congrats! Enjoy yr ride. Will be getting mine in about half hrs time. :D
  • Praise 2

Quasi-linear depreciation? Nah... doesn't work this way... simply get your market value from One Motoring and you'll see significant drop in your value... ask your AD how much you'll get when you trade-in for a new model, and you'll see the huge drop...an example, Renault Fluence at $107,000, after about 3 years, Wearnes quoted less than $60,000... you lose almost 50% of the initial price... where got linear?

Used car dealers always quote low. What about if you sell your car directly to a buyer ? That’s where the longer warranty is useful, as people prefer to buy under warranty.

Congrats!!!

Just use a dense clean cloth to wipe the seat and dashboard.

Check the tyre pressure weekly.

If you can, send your to do a glass coating. The advantage is very easy to clean your car. Wet the car and wipe down.

• Praise 1

Just use a dense clean cloth to wipe the seat and dashboard.

Check the tyre pressure weekly.

If you can, send your to do a glass coating. The advantage is very easy to clean your car. Wet the car and wipe down.

Any shop recommendations for coating ? How much ?

Glad that you enjoy your new ride.  [thumbsup]

Any shop recommendations for coating ? How much ?

Blacknano

$450

Finally got my EX, feeling great and enjoy driving it! :a-happy:

Swee...
↡ Advertisement