2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

Do you know if the leather seats upgrade is factory or locally fitted ? The L with leather and HU upgrade is super good value for money, I donât think of any car on the current market that can compete with it at 70k

How to know if it's factory or locally fitted? I actually got the same deal as well.

Do you know if the leather seats upgrade is factory or locally fitted ? The L with leather and HU upgrade is super good value for money, I donât think of any car on the current market that can compete with it at 70k

How to know if it's factory or locally fitted? I actually got the same deal as well.
↡ Advertisement

Any se to recommend in alexandra? Aesthetically wise, cerato looks better man.

Just got served by a dude whom was not interested at all. He was playing with his phone through out and when I asked him for more details, all he replied it's in the price list. Minimum loan 50k/6years @ 2.38%, blahblah.

No negotiations at all, I guess they r really living up to their standards.

Edited by walkofwinners
  • Praise 1

Just got served by a dude whom was not interested at all. He was playing with his phone through out and when I asked him for more details, all he replied it's in the price list. Minimum loan 50k/6years @ 2.38%, blahblah.

Why not find another sales person? Anyway are you really buying?

Are you certain that you need to take minimum $50k? I was under the impression that we can borrow $40k or less.

https://www.iihs.org/iihs/news/desktopnews/challenge-accepted-57-models-clinch-2019-iihs-safety-awards

Just walk away and ask another SE. Simple as that.

Yes, agree lah. Not actually comparing, just saying it exceeded my expectations. I was wondering if it actually would be better off with a regular 6 speed gearbox than current CVT. The lagging response from the CVT is also a minus point. But I guess they get more miles on a CVT tat's y they put them on.

My apologies guys. Notice I was wrong. It is a 6 speed automatic n not CVT or IVT. Thanks to the person who enlighten me.

Hi all,

Just want to share on my experience. I had previously drove various Asian and Conti cars.

My SE had advised me to change out the KUMHO tyres for a more comfortable and less noisy ride. I thought he was just more sensitive with noise and I brushed it off.

But indeed, the sound insulation of the car was totally horrible. It was extremely noisy (a combo of both road and wind noise) and I went to immediately changed out to a more comfort series tyres to reduce the noise. It helps a bit but still ridiculously noisy.

Side track a bit from the noisy issue....The sound system totally FLAT and cannot make it no matter how u adjust the HU settings! It's worse than the other Asian makes and the speakers could be the culprit!

The lousy sound system and the lousy noise insulation was a double whammy and made the rides totally totally uncomfortable and unenjoyable.

But don't be mistaken that I'm condemning this car. No, I'm not. In fact, I'm advocating that it's a good buy (at this price), the features great, exterior and interior styling absolutely nice, and the drive (engine wise) is smooth. But perhaps KIA has chosen to provide cheapo speakers and not do any sound insulation to bring down production costs.

My concluding comments is:

THIS CAR IS A DECENT BUY, BUT YOU MIGHT WANT TO CONSIDER UPGRADING THE AUDIO SYSTEM AND DO SOME GOOD SOUNDPROOFING!

I said good soundproofing because there are many ineffective soundproofing materials out there. Spend a little more to get good quality ones and at least 2 layers.

I've sent in my car for the audio system upgrade and soundproofing works. Collecting my car tmr evening!

**Hope I am not offending anyone. Just want to share my experience to potential buyers the shortfalls and how they can overcome it. Cheers!

• Praise 2

Thanks guys hopefully they can still give the discounts without fulfilling the loan/trade in/insurance conditions.

Getting discount without loan may be difficult but you can try to get discount without trade in. I PMed you my SE contact. He should be able to help u.

Plan to book cerato, will see if that $86k can be without trade in. If selling existing car outside $8k more. Their insur. quote was $1.1k more than fwd quote, of course and their loan. So that cerato sx is like $96k for me, thats why some recommended Civic.

Did you booked any Kia already? Cerato will have a quite chio GT version and turbo next year..

Is the turbo GT version confirm coming to sg? I've asked one SE in one of the road show and she told me it won't be coming.

The turbo version will be attractive if KIA is able to price it right.

Thanks guys hopefully they can still give the discounts without fulfilling the loan/trade in/insurance conditions.

In Alexandra they won’t usually negotiate on the loan, mini 50k 6 years, but they do give an additional 2k discount to offset the early exit fee, so that you can cancel the loan straight away. Some forumers sais in Ubi they were able to get the 5k discount without even taking the loan

Hi all,

Just want to share on my experience. I had previously drove various Asian and Conti cars.

My SE had advised me to change out the KUMHO tyres for a more comfortable and less noisy ride. I thought he was just more sensitive with noise and I brushed it off.

But indeed, the sound insulation of the car was totally horrible. It was extremely noisy (a combo of both road and wind noise) and I went to immediately changed out to a more comfort series tyres to reduce the noise. It helps a bit but still ridiculously noisy.

Side track a bit from the noisy issue....The sound system totally FLAT and cannot make it no matter how u adjust the HU settings! It's worse than the other Asian makes and the speakers could be the culprit!

The lousy sound system and the lousy noise insulation was a double whammy and made the rides totally totally uncomfortable and unenjoyable.

But don't be mistaken that I'm condemning this car. No, I'm not. In fact, I'm advocating that it's a good buy (at this price), the features great, exterior and interior styling absolutely nice, and the drive (engine wise) is smooth. But perhaps KIA has chosen to provide cheapo speakers and not do any sound insulation to bring down production costs.

My concluding comments is:

THIS CAR IS A DECENT BUY, BUT YOU MIGHT WANT TO CONSIDER UPGRADING THE AUDIO SYSTEM AND DO SOME GOOD SOUNDPROOFING!

I said good soundproofing because there are many ineffective soundproofing materials out there. Spend a little more to get good quality ones and at least 2 layers.

I've sent in my car for the audio system upgrade and soundproofing works. Collecting my car tmr evening!

**Hope I am not offending anyone. Just want to share my experience to potential buyers the shortfalls and how they can overcome it. Cheers!

Congrats ! Which speakers are you fitting ? Amp ? Sub ? Changing the HU ? I’ve ordered Focal speakers, will install them straight away when I get the car, but undecided on the rest

I suppose they have too many wet market auntie buyer who wants to haggle on prices and a tad ignorant on what they want to buy too often and becomes jaded.

Probably coming into the showroom, - " I want a Red colour Cerato  ... Surprised me"

I know when there is a promo, or new launch, many would flock and want to buy, thats when the sales really dont have enough time to sign on the dotted line. Those period, they pretty on the ball. 

• Praise 1

Is the turbo GT version confirm coming to sg? I've asked one SE in one of the road show and she told me it won't be coming.

The turbo version will be attractive if KIA is able to price it right.

Frankly, how to price it right? It will surely be close to $100k at today’s price in which it would be in the price range of some Jap n even lower end Conti cars though some of them may not be turbo. But will buyers bite a Korean albeit turbo car at this price level? These are questions which C&C Mgmt will have to ponder n not forgetting they will have to commit a certain number of cars to the Principal.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5