2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

One thing for sure, COE is going up. That’s not difficult to predict, it’s a 10 year cycle ! The only question is how high it will go this time.

10 years ago there is no Private Hire companies. So prediction is pretty much screwed. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

The SX OMV is 3k higher than the previous model, and so ARF is 3k higher as well.

And was there a VES rebate at the time ?

Agree, VES rebate was still around that time. I think gov stop VES rebate in somewhere ard 2nd quarter of 2018.
  • Praise 1

10 years ago there is no Private Hire companies. So prediction is pretty much screwed. [laugh]

Uber buying thousands of cars was a spike, the other companies do not take the same approach. There is an effect of people buying cars to do PHV, not sure if that is somehow compensated by people using PHV instead of buying their own car.

IMO, the three main factors that will impact the cycle are:

1. Population increase over the last 10 yr - overall pushing COE demand up

2. Average income increase over the last 10 yr: overall up, more push on Cat B

3. More cars in Cat B nowadays: demand transfer from Cat A to Cat B

Cerato GT Line Steel Grey. Booked end of March, so they didn't have enough time to bid on the first round for April. They bid on the second round and got it.

Do you know the GT line OMV ?
  • Praise 1

Uber buying thousands of cars was a spike, the other companies do not take the same approach. There is an effect of people buying cars to do PHV, not sure if that is somehow compensated by people using PHV instead of buying their own car.

IMO, the three main factors that will impact the cycle are:

1. Population increase over the last 10 yr - overall pushing COE demand up

2. Average income increase over the last 10 yr: overall up, more push on Cat B

3. More cars in Cat B nowadays: demand transfer from Cat A to Cat B

Do you know the GT line OMV ?

Nope, I don't.

Anyone knows after we parked our car, if we want to continue listening to the radio, is there any way to turn off the engine while keeping the radio on other than turning off by pressing the engine start / stop button and restart the accessory electricals?

Alright guys. I've found out how to do it.

Basically after we stopped the car, press the engine start / stop button first before putting the gear into P.

This way the engine can be turned off while we continue listening to the radio without interruption at the same time.

Sharing is caring since quite a few members are interested to know too..

Enjoy your new ride guys!

Hello,

My radio on the SX has NO reception at times.

Especially bad along Keppel thru ECP to Changi.

Brought this up on the first service appt; CnC reset the head unit but problem persists.

Note that local model Cerato DO NOT have antennas!

Anyone had this problem?

Yes me! Firstly volume up and down on its own. Went down to upgrade firmware. After that is radio reception very bad. .a lot of disruptive sound. Went down again but problem persists. Wasted A LOT of time to go down service centre.

Turbocharged

Yes me! Firstly volume up and down on its own. Went down to upgrade firmware. After that is radio reception very bad. .a lot of disruptive sound. Went down again but problem persists. Wasted A LOT of time to go down service centre.

Radio reception is a common issue on the Kia Cerato as the antenna is mounted on the rear glass and reception is not optimised.

My SA just contacted me today to inform that the ETA for my car is much earlier than expected. Tentative date now is end of May, instead of end June/July. Can't wait!

That’s so good.. i ordered early march and no shipment for my car yet. Quite frustrating.
  • Praise 1

Hi all, is the radio reception really that bad for kia cerato, especially in the underground expressway?

I've no issue passing by cte tunnels and mce tunnel. But I must admit 70% of the time i only listen to music via bluetooth or usb.
  • Praise 1

Thatâs so good.. i ordered early march and no shipment for my car yet. Quite frustrating.

What model is yours?
  • Praise 1

Radio reception is a common issue on the Kia Cerato as the antenna is mounted on the rear glass and reception is not optimised.

Any solution or advise?
  • Praise 1

Hi all, is the radio reception really that bad for kia cerato, especially in the underground expressway?

I have been driving this car since Dec 2018 and always tune into Kiss92. I don't have any reception issue.  Can even receive at B2 carpark but weak, B1 still not bad. Maybe I am lucky.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Thatâs so good.. i ordered early march and no shipment for my car yet. Quite frustrating.

I ordered in Jan. SE told me I will only get my car by end May.
  • Praise 1

That’s very bad.. did u complain? I think if it’s me I would.
  • Praise 1

That’s very long! What was the delivery date they told u when u sign? Which model and colour did u choose?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1