2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

I book my Blue Horizon SX Aug 2018.

And I got my Cerato mid of Oct 2018.

I paid 86,999 non-guarantee COE. Once COE secured, my SE informed me swiftly when I will pickup my Cerato.

I'm switching from SPC 98 back to 95 cos no different I think. And I find my Cerato pickup ok. Plus, this car road holding and corning very much better than my old 2008 Forte.

In addition, my Cerato has service in Panada and Leng Kee. The service at LK not that bad.

The people at LK never scratch your car?
↡ Advertisement

Guys, base on your experience can I check I gotten the COE (April) for my new car (Kia cerato sx) likely when can I get the car?

U will get it latest by October since cat a coe is valid for 6 months.

I book my Blue Horizon SX Aug 2018.

And I got my Cerato mid of Oct 2018.

I paid 86,999 non-guarantee COE. Once COE secured, my SE informed me swiftly when I will pickup my Cerato.

I'm switching from SPC 98 back to 95 cos no different I think. And I find my Cerato pickup ok. Plus, this car road holding and corning very much better than my old 2008 Forte.

In addition, my Cerato has service in Panada and Leng Kee. The service at LK not that bad.

Same same, I’ve compared between Caltex 98 and 95 on my SX, not much difference in performance. Just use 95 and save money
  • Praise 2

Please check with your SE.

Oh ok, on paper they stated latest by June, what can I do if they exceed the timeline they stated? Can I forgo the deal and get back my deposit?

U will get it latest by October since cat a coe is valid for 6 months.

Oh ok, on paper they stated latest by June, what can I do if they exceed the timeline they stated? Can I forgo the deal and get back my deposit?

I also secured my code In early April. On paper also wrote latest by June. Checked with SE and he told me that he was unable to guarantee for June collection. Shipment by the Koreans and not within his control. Just have to wait I guess. I don’t think you can get back your deposit if you forgo the deal. There must be some T&C protecting them. I think unless we are unable to collect the car by October then perhaps deposit can be refunded? But then, the bidder COE how I’m also not sure. But I think by October sure can get car.

Edited by Tscar44
  • Praise 1

Guys, base on your experience can I check I gotten the COE (April) for my new car (Kia cerato sx) likely when can I get the car?

It would be quite a trouble for them if your right to COE lapse. I had the same question and my SE told me they will always allocate you a car in that case - you’ll jump the queue if needed.

For the June timeline, when did you book ? They are usually conservative in their estimates and give an estimated delivery 4 months later. Your SE cannot guarantee but if they miss it you can negotiate. Get more accessories, more service credits, etc...I’ve heard a few SX orders were badly delayed and they’ve been upgraded to GT line free of charge - there is one on this forum.

• Praise 1

I book the sx in March 2019 gotten COE in apri

Me too.. did your SE advise you the waiting time might be longer than estimated? What color did you book for your sx?

Me too.. did your SE advise you the waiting time might be longer than estimated? What color did you book for your sx?

He told me est apr,may,jun, I told black. How about u? What are the freebie u gotten? I think mine not attractive. Did you do a trade-in in order to enjoy the $10k discount?

He told me est apr,may,jun, I told black. How about u? What are the freebie u gotten? I think mine not attractive. Did you do a trade-in in order to enjoy the $10k discount?

After I book my sx, the new GT line came out 1week later and was price at $87,999 I ask my SE whether can I upgrade to it, he say can’t... I sian 1/2
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

After I book my sx, the new GT line came out 1week later and was price at $87,999 I ask my SE whether can I upgrade to it, he say canât... I sian 1/2

@KeanNg

Take it as a blessing. You just saved $5,000 : )

The GT Line is just some cosmetic enhancement, which you can do after market for much less.

So don't feel sianz. You didn't lose out much. Resale value isn't going on be much higher than the SX.

Edited by Vinceng

@KeanNg

Take it as a blessing. You just saved $5,000 : )

The GT Line is just some cosmetic enhancement, which you can do after market for much less.

So don't feel sianz. You didn't lose out much. Resale value isn't going on be much higher than the SX.

True also, sorry if I can’t reply anymore.. can only reply 1 more post
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Question for the old timers: are the brake calipers prone to rust and do you recommend painting them ? Any idea on the cost ?

Calipers are not prone to rust.. however if you want your ride to look nice, you can look for www.streetcalipers.blogspot.com to spray the calipers.

anyone know where to get the K emblem for both front and rear?

Edited by l_arcenciel
  • Praise 2

I booked on 7-apr. Got coe on 17-apr. I got black SX as well and my est delivery is Jun,jul,aug
  • Praise 2

I ordered white SX. I gotten the blackvue dual channel camera, magnetic sunshades, car mat and solar film. I had the $10k discount but I don’t have any car to trade in. Did u ask for the freebies too?
  • Praise 1

Calipers are not prone to rust.. however if you want your ride to look nice, you can look for www.streetcalipers.blogspot.com to spray the calipers.

anyone know where to get the K emblem for both front and rear?

You can try get from below. They have a lot of geniue Korea products, unlike those China made.

https://m.facebook.com/PrestigeMods/

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2