2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

sports mode or whatever doesn't matter, its either just dropping the gears or dragging the gears to let you feel the pull in the pick up. 

not as if the car hp will be increased from 130hp to 200hp anyway. 

• Praise 1

sports mode or whatever doesn't matter, its either just dropping the gears or dragging the gears to let you feel the pull in the pick up. 

Well said. 

You don't need to tamper with the ECU to void the 10 year engine warranty. 

A simple act like bringing your own engine oil to C&C (and you also need to pay a $30 cockage charge) will void your engine warranty.

Don't believe? Call C&C to clarify.

I was told Komoco uses Shell 5W30 for all servicing now.

Is CnC still on 5W40 ?

I was told Komoco uses Shell 5W30 for all servicing now.

Is CnC still on 5W40 ?

shouldn't use 5w40 is mileage is low and or its a new car. 

2nd Gear

True, it simply alters the throttle response and delayed gear change if I'm not wrong. There's no such thing as power or torque increase as some have mentioned.

3rd Gear

I am suprised that Kia stonic 1.0 has a higher OMV as compared to Kia Cerato 1.6 EX. 

The higher OMV is entirely justifiable since Stonic uses newer engine tech for better torque and fragility and newer transmission (DCT) for drive sportiness.

The higher OMV is entirely justifiable since Stonic uses newer engine tech for better torque and fragility and newer transmission (DCT) for drive sportiness.

test drive the stonic when i was at alexandra showroom. honestly speaking, the drive was smooth. it does not feel like a 1L car at all. the new engine is definitely a plus point. 

end of the day, because of the luxury of space with the cerato. i opt for the cerato sx and made the booking. 

actually after finding out that the engine is the same as my old cerato forte, i suddenly feel that maybe getting the stonic with a new engine technology might be a better choice.

what does everybody think? cerato sx (old engine) or stonic 

test drive the stonic when i was at alexandra showroom. honestly speaking, the drive was smooth. it does not feel like a 1L car at all. the new engine is definitely a plus point.

end of the day, because of the luxury of space with the cerato. i opt for the cerato sx and made the booking.

actually after finding out that the engine is the same as my old cerato forte, i suddenly feel that maybe getting the stonic with a new engine technology might be a better choice.

old and more reliable tech vs new and less info on reliability tech. always a struggle to choose between both.

if ppl wanna get a SUV, they will still target cars like vezel/forester. 1l turbo is more than enough in sg but if you gonna do long drives up north in malaysia at a constant 140km/h and above, the engine might lack the power to sustain for such long journeys. its perfect in sg roads cause of the low torque and turbo kicks in around 1500rpm so you will smoke everyone at traffic lights and overtaking should be a breeze. at speeds above 120km/h (rarely in sg), it will lose out. 

just look at the hyundai kona, it didn't sell well but also cause it came in a manual version and auto version cost so much more. 

not sure if the kia stonic dct is the same as the ones used in hyundai i30t and veloster but should be the same, dry clutch. 

will depends on your needs, i usually prefer a sedan over a hatch for the extra space, more space in the boot for baby stuff

Stonic has better engine and gearbox. Good for dynamic and if you don’t have kids

Cerato has more space, more features and better interior build quality. Better family car

1.0T in cerato should make the car fun to drive and suit our weird COE system.

wah. new round of coe is out.

cat A increase by 10.56%. $36,704 

COE premiums going north ! I wonder if CnC is responsible for pushing up the COE.  Afterall, got so many people still waiting for their cars to be delivered !

Neutral Newbie

Same here, at first went to Kia showroom to test drive Stonic, found the pickup and ride very smooth.

But after knowing it is DCT, pulled back as I have driven VW before and it was also on dry clutch, the phobia was there

In the end test drove cerato, and found the ride and pickup although not as good as stonic, but still acceptable for day to day ride. And for the price, really getting much more compared to stonic

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1