2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

Neutral Newbie

Thanks guys for the response, I have a important thing to ask.

Is driving without traction control any different than per normal, because I think it will be beneficial in Sg as it rains frequent. 

8 hours ago, ferrytales said:

2 air bags, no traction control, no keyless start for ex trim and below, FC not exactly wonderful either but stable drive at high speeds due to the weight.

Was at Kia Alexandra showroom back in June and I saw the display EX model having the ESC off button. Still no ESC for EX? Or was that showroom unit an anomaly? 

Edited by Thecarboy302

6 hours ago, han123 said:

Is driving without traction control any different than per normal, because I think it will be beneficial in Sg as it rains frequent. 

It depends how you drive... I did not have ESC on my previous cars and never really needed it. My SX has ESC but I do not think it came into use so far

Edited by Will4081

On 9/1/2019 at 8:21 PM, thebutcher said:

2nd year renewal was the same as my first year premium. 

With DA, I saved 30%, with more coverage and petrol vouchers. 

That was a promotion or a regular offer? What was the extra coverage? Cos if you're already on comprehensive coverage, what else did DA offer you? Use of courtesy car? Any idea as to ease of claims?

Edited by teomingern

13 hours ago, Thecarboy302 said:

Was at Kia Alexandra showroom back in June and I saw the display EX model having the ESC off button. Still no ESC for EX? Or was that showroom unit an anomaly? 

If the button is there then it means ESC is present and on all the time... the off switch is for you to turn it off when you wish to...

7 hours ago, Will4081 said:

It depends how you drive... I did not have ESC on my previous cars and never really needed it. My SX has ESC but I do not think it came into use so far

It's when you need it that it's useful... and you never know when you may be caught in a situation where it helps... so always better to have it than not have it... and why not if pricing is good and includes it? Like all trims of the Hyundai Avante...

Kia K3 EX - Jan 2017 - COE $50,000 - was selling at $89,000

https://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/pricelist/18/2017-01-16.pdf

The Kia Cerato EX is selling at $82,000 now, with COE at $32,000

COE is $18,000 lower but the car is selling at just $7,000 lower. No change in OMV.

You do your sums - there is room for the Cerato's price to be reduced by another $6,000, to $76,000 which is the selling price of its identical twin, the Hyundai Avante S, which comes with 6 air bags against the Cerato's 2 air bags.

Edited by Vinceng

16 hours ago, han123 said:

when i went for a test drive and asked the SE about traction control.

he said "don't worry small issue, probably when you try to do turns at higher speeds, you might skid or lose control or feel some oversteer/understeer". don't have to guess what was the outcome. 

its a joke seriously...80+k for a kimchi car in SG with only 2 airbags and no traction control, wait till you encounter ponding (which is pretty common in sg). 

no doubt cerato looks way better than the avante but personally i just cant bring myself to pay more for a car with lesser safety features and crappy sales tactics from C&C. 

if you can see beyond that, cerato is still a good buy. 

Edited by ferrytales

5 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

he said "don't worry small issue, probably when you try to do turns at higher speeds, you might skid or lose control or feel some oversteer/understeer". don't have to guess what was the outcome. 

its a joke seriously...80+k for a kimchi car in SG with only 2 airbags and no traction control, wait till you encounter ponding (which is pretty common in sg). 

no doubt cerato looks way better than the avante but personally i just cant bring myself to pay more for a car with lesser safety features and crappy sales tactics from C&C. 

Get the high spec of cerato if want traction control lo.

23 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

There is always the GT Line to get if you want a fully loaded Cerato. Well not that fully loaded for things such as blind spot detection, lane departure warning, radar cruise control, rear backup assist, 360deg cam are still deleted from our local version

But the point is, do not KPKB that the EX model didnt have this and that. The EX is for people who have limited funds and for those who don't know what the extra safety items are for. And for people who thinks cars are just 4 wheels with steering wheel and pedals. 

Go buy the Mazda 3 Astina if you want everything including the kitchen sink. Although be prep to be outdrag by just about everyone on the road when the light turns green. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Vinceng said:

Kia K3 EX - Jan 2017 - COE $50,000 - was selling at $89,000

https://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/pricelist/18/2017-01-16.pdf

The Kia Cerato EX is selling at $82,000 now, with COE at $32,000

COE is $18,000 lower but the car is selling at just $7,000 lower. No change in OMV.

You do your sums - there is room for the Cerato's price to be reduced by another $6,000, to $76,000 which is the selling price of its identical twin, the Hyundai Avante S, which comes with 6 air bags against the Cerato's 2 air bags.

The profits cnc is making is insane.  New car prices never drop much at all. 

On 9/1/2019 at 6:39 PM, han123 said:

Hi Cerato Owners, 

I am contemplating to change my car to a KIA Cerato. Currently driving a qashqai 1.2.

I have a few questions to ask:

1.How is the reliability of the car as compared? 

2.Are there any cons for the Cerato after driving for awhile? 

3. Average Fuel consumption? 

4.Accerlerstion/pick up difficulties? 

Best is to try the car by yourself. Acceleration is similar in factory settings ; these cars are not fast. The main advantage of the qashqai is that you can tune up the turbo a bit.

for the rest, the Cerato is a very good car. It is comfortable, large space for passengers, large boot, pretty good NVH levels, and with lots of kit if you go for the top range.

I’ve had the car for 6 months, no issue so far. Road handling is pretty good and the chassis limits are well beyond the Cat A engine and what you probably need in SG. 

If you are looking for a sedan at that price that’s one of the best options on the market, although most forumers prefer the Avante. The Avante is a bit cheaper but the Cerato is better looking IMO

3 hours ago, Will4081 said:

the rest, the Cerato is a very good car. It is comfortable, large space for passengers, large boot, pretty good NVH levels, and with lots of kit if you go for the top range.

I’ve had the car for 6 months, no issue so far. Road handling is pretty good and the chassis limits are well beyond the Cat A engine and what you probably need in SG

If you are looking for a sedan at that price that’s one of the best options on the market, although most forumers prefer the Avante. The Avante is a bit cheaper but the Cerato is better looking IMO

Rem bro, there is a REAL Cerato GT 201hp in many countries where it is sold...

See here

Kia Cerato GT sedan revealed with 204 PS 1.6L turbo Image #869941

Kia Cerato GT with 201 hp debuts at SEMA Show 2018 Image #881217

Kia Cerato GT with 201 hp debuts at SEMA Show 2018 Image #881229

Kia Cerato GT with 201 hp debuts at SEMA Show 2018 Image #881228

10 hours ago, teomingern said:

If the button is there then it means ESC is present and on all the time... the off switch is for you to turn it off when you wish to...

Yup I get that. I understand when Cerato first launched last year, there is no ESC at all for L and EX. But I came across an ESC off button on a Cerato EX display model in June at the Alexandra showroom so I was wondering if they have added ESC standard to EX model or is it just that particular display unit having ESC for some reason. Didn't manage to double check with any SE then. 

Edited by Thecarboy302

Hi All,

Just to check if anyone change out the original speakers.

I would like to keep the original head unit. But the original speakers is really bad. Just to check on any recommendation on type of speakers to change and any shop to recommend. Not willing to spend a bomb. Maybe around the range of $400.

↡ Advertisement