2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

On 9/1/2019 at 4:50 PM, thebutcher said:

AIG's quote and coverage is nonsense. DA has more value-for-money 

Value for money you paid, or value for money you were able to successfully claim?

↡ Advertisement

4,000 cars submerged in the seabed - Hope this does not cause further delays in shipment to Singapore, as the Kia factory will now need to double up on production. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/hyundai-glovis-car-carrier-capsize-missing-us-georgia-11886304?cid=FBcna&fbclid=IwAR1IXVCvgwCVk0BDz62cwY1IilMGuUsXSny8DiUpEIar3OcTFQ6Cy-FMnfc

On 9/3/2019 at 10:33 AM, Cheefarn said:

There is always the GT Line to get if you want a fully loaded Cerato. Well not that fully loaded for things such as blind spot detection, lane departure warning, radar cruise control, rear backup assist, 360deg cam are still deleted from our local version

But the point is, do not KPKB that the EX model didnt have this and that. The EX is for people who have limited funds and for those who don't know what the extra safety items are for. And for people who thinks cars are just 4 wheels with steering wheel and pedals. 

Go buy the Mazda 3 Astina if you want everything including the kitchen sink. Although be prep to be outdrag by just about everyone on the road when the light turns green. 

Or choose a different make with better value... we can vote with our wallets...

On 9/9/2019 at 12:29 PM, Vinceng said:

4,000 cars submerged in the seabed - Hope this does not cause further delays in shipment to Singapore, as the Kia factory will now need to double up on production. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/hyundai-glovis-car-carrier-capsize-missing-us-georgia-11886304?cid=FBcna&fbclid=IwAR1IXVCvgwCVk0BDz62cwY1IilMGuUsXSny8DiUpEIar3OcTFQ6Cy-FMnfc

Oh my... how does such a large vessel capsize?

On 9/3/2019 at 5:58 PM, Thecarboy302 said:

Yup I get that. I understand when Cerato first launched last year, there is no ESC at all for L and EX. But I came across an ESC off button on a Cerato EX display model in June at the Alexandra showroom so I was wondering if they have added ESC standard to EX model or is it just that particular display unit having ESC for some reason. Didn't manage to double check with any SE then. 

That would be really quite unprofessional if it was just the display car that had it but the cars sold didn't carry that function...

On 9/3/2019 at 10:33 AM, Cheefarn said:

There is always the GT Line to get if you want a fully loaded Cerato. Well not that fully loaded for things such as blind spot detection, lane departure warning, radar cruise control, rear backup assist, 360deg cam are still deleted from our local version

But the point is, do not KPKB that the EX model didnt have this and that. The EX is for people who have limited funds and for those who don't know what the extra safety items are for. And for people who thinks cars are just 4 wheels with steering wheel and pedals. 

Go buy the Mazda 3 Astina if you want everything including the kitchen sink. Although be prep to be outdrag by just about everyone on the road when the light turns green. 

Cereto is so fast or mazda 3 is so slow? I am really flabbergasted to see this comment. 

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys. Letting go my Kia Cerato 1.6 EX model as car is no longer needed due to change of circumstances. Reg early July 2019. If anyone is keen, please PM me. Immaculate condition, no accidents, can send to workshop for checks. can nego a price better than the new dealer price. 

Thanks. 

12 hours ago, ew123 said:

Hi guys. Letting go my Kia Cerato 1.6 EX model as car is no longer needed due to change of circumstances. Reg early July 2019. If anyone is keen, please PM me. Immaculate condition, no accidents, can send to workshop for checks. can nego a price better than the new dealer price. 

Thanks. 

you will incur additional charges if you sell your car during the first 6 months of ownership. 

13 hours ago, ew123 said:

Thanks. 

Definitely loss 10k immediately. 

On 9/28/2019 at 10:14 AM, ferrytales said:

you will incur additional charges if you sell your car during the first 6 months of ownership. 

Was curious about this so went to check out. Will only apply to buyer if COE was lower.

From onemotoring:

Vehicles being transferred must meet these criteria:

The vehicle should not have any outstanding matters, e.g. financial loans, road tax arrears

The vehicle must be more than 3 months from its registration if it is registered with a Category A or B COE

For buyers or the next owner, when confirming transfer of ownership of a vehicle:

If the car being transferred to you is registered with a Category A or B COE, and is 4 to 6 months from its registration, you may have to pay an additional levy. This levy takes effect when the Quota Premium (QP) paid for the vehicle’s COE is lower than the QP in the car’s corresponding COE category at the time of the transfer. The additional levy is the difference between these two amounts.

Edited by Sunnywil

Kia SG recently updated their website and brochure on the Cerato. Only change I notice is that ESC now standard across all 3 trims (L, EX, GT-Line), sadly airbag count still 2 for L and EX. At the very least there's ESC now. 

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 10:20 PM, Orge said:

Hi All,

Just to check if anyone change out the original speakers.

I would like to keep the original head unit. But the original speakers is really bad. Just to check on any recommendation on type of speakers to change and any shop to recommend. Not willing to spend a bomb. Maybe around the range of $400.

cannot remember whether I responded. Anyway, you can just swop out the stock speakers with quite decent ones for less than $400. Go audition them first. IIRC, you don't need component speakers. 

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:23 PM, ew123 said:

Thanks. 

Try the online auction. Get a trusted friend to help you manage this thing as you could be emotionally drained during this period and lose unnecessary money.

↡ Advertisement