Jump to content
(21-24 Jan) Win up to $27,000 Discount at Volkswagen & ŠKODA Showroom! Read more... ×
Thecarboy302

2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series)

Recommended Posts

3rd Gear (edited)
3 hours ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

True.  Telling us a new car gearbox is smoother than an old car is questioning  our intelligence.  Not very appropriate. 

Sir, I am comparing day 1 of last car and day 1 of my new car.  I have a feel of day 1 of last car and a a feel day 1 of my new car. By the way, I bought new cars and service by AD.

This is not intelligence. This is called experience.

Edited by Twich
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3rd Gear (edited)
5 hours ago, teomingern said:

I would suggest that that's because the Altis is old while your Cerato is new... otherwise I don't think there much difference between the two gearboxes... plus the Altis gearbox is like designed a decade ago?

Sir, I am comparing day 1 of last car and day 1 of my new car.  I have a feel of day 1 of last car and a a feel day 1 of my new car. By the way, I bought new cars and service by AD.

This is not intelligence. This is called experience.

Edited by Twich
  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2019 at 4:51 PM, Twich said:

Sir, I am comparing day 1 of last car and day 1 of my new car.  I have a feel of day 1 of last car and a a feel day 1 of my new car. By the way, I bought new cars and service by AD.

This is not intelligence. This is called experience.

I'm not sure if you can remember how the car felt some 10 years back... ha ha... I certainly can't remember or would my memory be reliable... we tend to remember the past through rose-tinted glasses especially the good things...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, teomingern said:

I'm not sure if you can remember how the car felt some 10 years back... ha ha... I certainly can't remember or would my memory be reliable... we tend to remember the past through rose-tinted glasses especially the good things...

I never drive my cars until 10 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Hi,

 

Anyone realize the vibrations (with some sounds) for the car is noticeable especially when you re in D gear and with the brake pressed while waiting for the traffic light to turn Green?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2019 at 4:51 PM, Twich said:

Sir, I am comparing day 1 of last car and day 1 of my new car.  I have a feel of day 1 of last car and a a feel day 1 of my new car. By the way, I bought new cars and service by AD.

This is not intelligence. This is called experience.

This is so called biased experience 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3rd Gear (edited)
2 hours ago, Airy said:

Hi Hi,

 

Anyone realize the vibrations (with some sounds) for the car is noticeable especially when you re in D gear and with the brake pressed while waiting for the traffic light to turn Green?

It did not  happen to my SX Cerato.

Quickly report to AD workshop.

Edited by Twich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3rd Gear (edited)
1 hour ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

This is so called biased experience 

I never drive any car for mor than 5 years.

And I always service my car by AD.

Edited by Twich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone Cerato has a sound coming from steering wheel? Esp can be heard when audio is off and at parking speeds. Sounds like a whirring sound when turning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2019 at 1:52 PM, Twich said:

I never drive any car for mor than 5 years.

And I always service my car by AD.

Good for you lor...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1st Gear

Hello folks, I’m driving the new Cerato for close to half a year. Thinking of lowering the car by changing suspension spring (not installing coilover). Any recommendation or review on lowering spring for new Cerato? Tks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supercharged
10 hours ago, Seanong said:

Hello folks, I’m driving the new Cerato for close to half a year. Thinking of lowering the car by changing suspension spring (not installing coilover). Any recommendation or review on lowering spring for new Cerato? Tks!

Why would you want to do that?

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6th Gear
10 hours ago, Seanong said:

Hello folks, I’m driving the new Cerato for close to half a year. Thinking of lowering the car by changing suspension spring (not installing coilover). Any recommendation or review on lowering spring for new Cerato? Tks!

If you lower the springs but don't change your shock absorbers, you're always going to scrap and knock the undercarriage every time you pass over a larger speed hump... you can also damage the steering as well as wear out the bearings and bushings on your suspension system much faster...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5th Gear
2 hours ago, teomingern said:

If you lower the springs but don't change your shock absorbers, you're always going to scrap and knock the undercarriage every time you pass over a larger speed hump... you can also damage the steering as well as wear out the bearings and bushings on your suspension system much faster...

He will wear out the stock shocks also. And indirectly engine mounts too since more bumps are reverb into the body 

Coil overs will ensure a very rough and punishing ride. It will never be as comfy as stock. You are driving a modest powered car with not much power, pls consider carefully as your priority shouldn't be on coil overs as you are already struggling to get up to speed everytime u drive. 

A punishing ride with a weak engine combo just feels weird. Your stock suspension setup is already pretty well designed. Its not as if you are driving the G9- G10 Altis of ACV30 -50 Camry where you risk dragging the door handles on the pavement during hard corning.

Lowered ride will NOT tighten up your handling if the rest of the suspension parts remained the same.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clutched

Planning to sell cerato Sx trim after the cny

Collected in mid July 2019, mileage 7800km, comes with existing service package with c&c and a balance of ard $1000 service credit with c&c. 

Looking at 80k

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5th Gear
52 minutes ago, JonathanZhong said:

Planning to sell cerato Sx trim after the cny

Collected in mid July 2019, mileage 7800km, comes with existing service package with c&c and a balance of ard $1000 service credit with c&c. 

Looking at 80k

 

'Upgrade' to new G12 Altis eh? :D And I stress the 2 brackets for the word upgrade :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6th Gear
1 hour ago, JonathanZhong said:

Planning to sell cerato Sx trim after the cny

Collected in mid July 2019, mileage 7800km, comes with existing service package with c&c and a balance of ard $1000 service credit with c&c. 

Looking at 80k

 

That’s a massive depreciation for just close to 1 year of usage. Why not use it for a while more, it is a new car and not those crappy second hand ones .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6th Gear
On 1/7/2020 at 4:02 PM, No_worries said:

That’s a massive depreciation for just close to 1 year of usage. Why not use it for a while more, it is a new car and not those crappy second hand ones .

Might a case of very bad accident and need extensive repairs so owner doesn't want the car anymore... so sell it off after the repairs...

↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×