2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

Chris Tan tries to put a positive spin on the car:

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/motoring/certified-cool

Style and price.. plus more refinement

Same engine, less power, new gearbox, better build and room.

The writer tested with the new engine and gearbox. But for local market, still using the old gen engine and gearbox. It will be totally different feel altogether...
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Yea price is all that matters here. If there is no airbag also people will buy.

See Altis Civic all those still using the same 1.6L with little change as of last decade people still buy. Some say that looking at the volume the 1.6L sells meant that most Singaporeans think is sufficient power, but to me that is BS.

Is because we don't even have a choice to begin with.

You have to balance that against higher capital outlay plus maybe higher taxes and fuel consumption...
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Gotten brochure and spec list for new Cerato. Trims L, EX and SX. Feature content very similar to current Cerato in its 3 respective trims, not much has changed. Main disappointment is the carry over engine-gearbox combo. Sadly, ESC/VSM and 6 airbags still only exclusive to top SX trim.

Edited by Thecarboy302

Gotten brochure and spec list for new Cerato. Trims L, EX and SX. Feature content very similar to current Cerato in its 3 respective trims, not much has changed. Main disappointment is the carry over engine-gearbox combo. Sadly, ESC/VSM and 6 airbags still only exclusive to top SX trim.

Hearsay that it comes with wireless charging wor.
  • Praise 1

Hearsay that it comes with wireless charging wor.

The story story of the SG buyer ..

Wireless charger wins airbags, new engine and active safety..

Enough said ..

Add heated seats and rear aircon vents and it becomes totally irresistible ;)

So will be 90k for SX base on now pricing?

Enough said ..

The rear air con vent to me seems useless. Lol...

No enough power. Just for looks only.

• Praise 1

So will be 90k for SX base on now pricing?

The rear air con vent to me seems useless. Lol...

No enough power. Just for looks only.

No word on pricing but I guess so.

Enough said ..

Hi bro, Chinese saying 各花入各眼.

Beauty in e eye of beholder.

I see no big deal with the old yet proven gamma engine.

In any case, there are 3 trims cater for different buyer.

• Praise 1

Hi bro, Chinese saying 各花入各眼.

Beauty in e eye of beholder.

I see no big deal with the old yet proven gamma engine.

In any case, there are 3 trims cater for different buyer.

To me, the carryover engine from previous version is not the biggest issue, the skimping of basic safety features on L and EX is, I find it quite ridiculous that they still it's alright to equip a car with no ESC for a brand new model launched in 2018, not to mention having just 2 airbags. Even C&C's own Mitsubishi Attrage has 6 airbags.  

• Praise 1

Supersonic

To me, the carryover engine from previous version is not the biggest issue, the skimping of basic safety features on L and EX is, I find it quite ridiculous that they still it's alright to equip a car with no ESC for a brand new model launched in 2018, not to mention having just 2 airbags. Even C&C's own Mitsubishi Attrage has 6 airbags.  

Maybe this is marketing tactic to force you to buy higher spec model?!

That may work if there’s no competition.. but the Elantra looms large in the background.. and there are many other choices..

Supersonic

That may work if there’s no competition.. but the Elantra looms large in the background.. and there are many other choices..

But elantra would become old model liao when this brand new forte launched here. People always like to go for new car model.

Supercharged

But elantra would become old model liao when this brand new forte launched here. People always like to go for new car model.

I would go for a current model instead of new model, I don't want to be test subject. New body with old engine, sluggish pickup and FC with less safety features is a no go for me. I would rather go with Elantra, or rather I am already driving one now.

Actually depends on how u look at it:

K3 is new body but old engine

Elantra is old body but upgraded engine (read that Komoco bringing in an upgraded engine so that the car remains VES neutral after 1/7)

• Praise 4

ESC aka traction control should be mandatory in all vehicles although i know a lot of us do not think so cos "it does do not snow here" being the usual notion, it's very important and might save our life during heavy rain whereby the roads are super duper wet with flowing water on it and traction of our car tyre with the road is at it's weakest.

U look at Hyundai car sold here, all come with traction control, enough say...

Supersonic

Actually depends on how u look at it:

K3 is new body but old engine

Elantra is old body but upgraded engine (read that Komoco bringing in an upgraded engine so that the car remains VES neutral after 1/7)

At least elantra upgraded their engine, even the current batch comes with AMS. Hopefully the next brand new elantra model would have a new engine.

The replies will be
"Nah, I don't drive fast"...

"Wah, my OMV goes higher for stuff I can't feel... and my loan is affected too"
"Can I trade in ESC for leather steering or free service?"

It's a very different segment from those buying further up the food chain. 
Will a car with no airbags, no ESC etc sell in SG?
Sure!

Price it right and the queue will go all the way to JB..

↡ Advertisement