2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

i guess it is because sunroof can be opened and has moveable parts unlike a windscreen. but i doubt in this day and age it will be a major problem for car manufacturers. maybe the odd case here and there. but my guess is by and large it should be ok.

Dont know how reliable the sunroof is. Maybe this is why sunroof is not common on cars here. Even i have friends who bought a car with sunroof, they also change their car within 5 years to a non sunroof car.

↡ Advertisement

My Veloster had a sunroof and i park in unsheltered carpark most of the time. In the 5 years that i owned it, I never had a problem be it leaking or mechanism. Before that i had the "original" Kia Koup for 2 years, also no problem.

For Veloster the sunroof was quite big so although i didn't use it much but it was a bit of a wow factor for people sitting my car for the first time.

There you are. Myth crasher.

No wor.....attrage must get used to it then can get good fc,

If drive like normal 1.6 also 400 plus 1 tank

Must see the petrol tank how big la!

Last time my mpv 55 litres 450km, now saloon car 40 litres 620km.

Must see the petrol tank how big la!

Last time my mpv 55 litres 450km, now saloon car 40 litres 620km.

35 liter I think, I do 400 plus, my friend do 700 plus on the same car

there were some scary comments on sunroof some posts back....that really put the brake on me for SX.

this afternoon, it was raining really heavily on the eastern side. as i drove through the rain, i realised that a sunroof is something like a windscreen. we have no worries at all that water will leak through the windscreens.

how come we don't have the same confidence in sunroofs.

Some people don't need/like certain feature.. so need find excuses to justify why not worth paying for them lah.

To be fair, sunroof nowadays is very common.. not a problematic feature too, unlike convertible roof. That one then is problem, no matter simi brand, leakage is just a matter of time.

• Praise 1

700 plus km for 35 l -> 20 km/l. Good FC. If FC is a important consideration then other factors like cost, this is a good car to consider.

Some people don't need/like certain feature.. so need find excuses to justify why not worth paying for them lah.

To be fair, sunroof nowadays is very common.. not a problematic feature too, unlike convertible roof. That one then is problem, no matter simi brand, leakage is just a matter of time.

If really like sunroof, then sunroof is a important factor.

If k3 is the preferred pick, then SX should be the choice.

I like a CnG car. So k3 "L" is the choice.

Question:

Can one off aircond in k3 first before switching off car engine?

This morning, I have pick up my new Cerato SX. New car. New smell. I am really enjoying the driving. Good road holding. Roomy.

Now, I am trying to play with feature.

• Praise 3

35 litres 700km,thats really good.

Don't think Korea car can do that, lol...

This morning, I have pick up my new Cerato SX. New car. New smell. I am really enjoying the driving. Good road holding. Roomy.

Great feedback...more to come?

Great feedback...more to come?

hi, newbie here, i think the tropic might be discussed before, but may i ask again [:p]

im looking for a new car recently due to low coe and only choose among cerato and elantra due budget constraint and space

but im cant decided which should i go for, and i have few question that even the SE cant give me answer.

1. Engine - cerato SE told me is same as elantra engine, elantra SE told me cerato still use old k3 engine, and elantra engine is newer version to have better FC. emm..which one is true

2. Space - some said same , but some said new cerato have better leg room, wider

3. rear suspension system - elantra SE said is dual torsion beam , so rear passenger is more comfortable than cerato

personally, i like interior of cerato especially the infotaiment lcd , elantra abit old design compare to cerato. but price wise, cerato EX = elantra Elite , it may be due to elantra 2019 is coming soon.

im actually quite concern on space and FC because my current car is swift which can get about 13.5km/l if i drive in "uncle way", i wish to upgrade to get a bigger car yet can get better FC .

i had the same issue as you, torn between the elantra S and EX. now i think you should have more problem because the elantra S price drop even lower, probably get rid of stock to make room for the new elantra.

have you test driven both? i find the elantra steering to be a bit too light and the EX have more ‘feel’ of the road

it really boils down to your own preference. for me i felt more happier to be driving the EX as I really like the whole look and feel. it’s something that you’ll be driving and sitting in it most of the time, so why not go for something that makes you happy?

end up i booked the EX as the price difference was not huge

Neutral Newbie

Can feedback on the FC for 17" rim after a week. Thanks

I go for the look of cerato

Engine almost same. Suspension same. Cerato longer a bit.

anybody know why in Korea domestic market, Hyundai sells better? cost, reliability, features, service, sheer loyalty, more lineup, ....

July 2018 sales:

Hyundai

Kia

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hai, Newbie here.

Very interesting information from this forum. I book cerato L n se say received by october. Been driving manual for 20 yrs n this will 1st auto car.

Planning to drive it in november to kelantan.

My last manual car was before year 2000. Auto let you focus on driving and no more clutch interaction...

To the extent almost forgotten how to drive manual when holidaying in NZ...

Both cars are quite similar, to an extent even if you chose either, you will be happy with it.

So it boils down to 1 thing that separates both for me, the exterior & interior design language used by both Hyundai and KIA. In this case, the newer Cerato edges ahead for me.

I just got my ex on the 16th aug. Everything seems ok except the gps which i have to download the app and plug in my phone to the multimedia player. I am using oppo which might be the reason the map hang quite frequently. Fuel consumption about 12km/l for me until now.

Overall i feel is a nice car. :)

• Praise 2

Hai, Newbie here.

Very interesting information from this forum. I book cerato L n se say received by october. Been driving manual for 20 yrs n this will 1st auto car.

Planning to drive it in november to kelantan.

For L. You will not be disappointed by the smooth 6 speed auto gear, interior space and 502L boot space. Of course, Android n Apple car play is standard.

I just got my ex on the 16th aug. Everything seems ok except the gps which i have to download the app and plug in my phone to the multimedia player. I am using oppo which might be the reason the map hang quite frequently. Fuel consumption about 12km/l for me until now.

Overall i feel is a nice car. :)

Don't mind me asking, you took the 2 years service package?
↡ Advertisement